Politics The official presidential election prediction thread!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Oct 8, 2016.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Trump is your man! I think the threads you engage in in OT here are filled with personal preferences...and that you express them as much as I do or barfo or Denny......that's the whole point of topics up for discussion...if you post about an event in history, I usually enjoy it because you're obviously interested in history or theology....but when it comes to politics...you have strong personal opinions about the conservative, liberal conflicts that populate these boards. You've defined me recently as a classic case of something or other so......we continue whether we're cool or groovy or not...you basically said only smart people vote for Trump and most of us aren't smart enough to follow that path....that my friend, is judgement

Chris Craig likes this.
  2. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Well River, my friend, you are way smart enough to get it.

My use of the word preference was in response to Chris' reference to Homosexual. Perhaps preference is not the correct word but in any case it was not intended to cover all topics.

Both, spot on.

Gosh River, you are doing really well, except the conflict is not really about conservatives and liberals. It just appears this way. Long involve technical detail involved here, too much to type, reading what has already been written is required. http://www.keirsey.com/aboutkts2.aspx

Yes, and it was not intended as a slight at all. Simply an observation which begins to cover the response to the quote immediately above.
    My observation of you indicates you are a Classic "F" type personality, slightly over half the population has same characteristic. See the link

Not quite. Sly said my vote would not count in Oregon. I responded yes there are not enough smart ones here. Well forgive me, that isn't quite what I should have said, there aren't quite enough
    "T" or Thinking types here.

Yes it is, but I might add, a very studied judgement. But again a long story here.

I did a poll of the members here a few years back. 31 members participated in the poll. Five members were "T" type individuals and all identified with being conservative.
    24 identified with having the "F" characteristic and all identified with being liberal Two identified with having the "F" characteristic but identified with being conservative.
    I pressed these last two a bit, one was just mistyped, and the other I believe mistyped himself intentionally (Magnifier).

I studied Psychology under Dr. Keirsey quite a few years ago now, in preparing to teach some Team Building classes. I sort of automatically type people every since then,
    hence my comment about you being a classic case. It was not intended to insult, but I probably should have realized it would not stand alone. My apology.

riverman likes this.
  3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I did pretty good for a Monday morning if I say so myself!

MarAzul likes this.
  4. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

So in your classification I'd be an F type?

MarAzul likes this.
  5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I always thought rivermans posts were more driven by thinking then feeling, but hey

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I don't know about you. You come off like the liberals liberal, but you agree with me far too often. Why don't you take the test and tell us the result?

Chris Craig likes this.
  7. Chris Craig

Will do

MarAzul likes this.
  8. Chris Craig

INFJ(Itroverted iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging) apparently I am part of 1% of population who is such...crazy

9. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Interesting. I think you will enjoy reading more about this and learning more about this INFJ character. 1 percent hey? Me too, INTP. Not many around, I don't personally know another person of either type. I do have a brother in law that is an INFP another 1 % type. The other in the 1% group is the INTJ , don't know any of these either.

Any way, you come by your liberal bent naturally, I shall refrain from attempting to educate you. There can not be a less rewarding task, than attempting to change a person's basic character.

Oops! I forgot, my daughter is an INFJ.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    riverman and Chris Craig like this.
  10. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Here's something that will ruin your enthusiasm for Myers-Briggs altogether.

I'm also an INTP.

barfo

Chris Craig likes this.
  11. Chris Craig

Now it all makes sense

12. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Ha! Well perhaps you best continue to work your side of the street!

Are you sure you have the T and F part figured out? You sure are out of step with being a T.
    Try the Keirsey Temperament test.

13. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I'll check that one out. But I'm very far from being an F.

barfo

14. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    By what measurement? Every post indicates otherwise.

15. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Barfo self identifies as T.

MarAzul likes this.
  16. Chris Craig

Donald trump loses election, pursues acting career...

2016-10-11-00-54-57-487194476.jpg

images.jpg

2016-10-11-00-54-53--323601059.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  17. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  18. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Not only is Clinton leading big in polls, she has a vastly superior ground game. Clinton supporters are going door to door to get out the "maybe" voters. Starting Saturday before election day, supporters in "safe" states will be on phones for 4 days calling voters in swing states to be sure they know where their polling places are (surprising number don't), what voting hours are, ask if they need rides to polling place, and people will be on hand to offer lifts to those who need rides. None of this is fun or exciting. Not like going to a rally filled with white people screaming "lock her up" and waving Confederate flags. It's drudgery. It also works.

19. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Some lying piece of shit that doesn't really give a damn about most of the people will be elected president, while the pious right and the Portlandia left continue to distract themselves by arguing about things that don't really matter, and 4 years later, after nothing has changed, we get to watch the show all over again, wondering who is actually running this country.

How's that for a prediction?

riverman, blue32 and SlyPokerDog like this.
  20. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

You hate America, you married a Canadian.

riverman likes this.