The Official: Yi Jianlian Thread

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by BrewCityBuck, Jul 2, 2007.

1. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>July 20, 2007 - 3:20 pm
    SI.com -
    Chinese teen star Yi Jianlian has broken his silence following a torrent of criticism about his refusal to move to the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA, saying it was his decision alone not to play there.

The 19-year-old was was chosen by the Bucks as the No. 6 pick in last month's NBA draft but has refused to go there -- reportedly because he would not get enough playing time and that too few Chinese lived in Milwaukee.

The 7-foot power forward's U.S.-based agent, Dan Fegan, has been portrayed in China as one of the main villains in the affair.

But Yi made clear it was his decision, and not Fegan's, in wanting to be traded to another team.

"I've read some of the reports, but I don't think he has made too many decisions for me," Yi told Chinese reporters while training with the national team in Beijing on Thursday, and his comments were carried by the China Daily.

"It's clear that he works for me, so everything he is doing is based on my ideas," Yi said.</div>
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/472..._trade_request/

Yi Jianlian has officially requested a trade. Larry Harris made this mess he has to trade Yi away and clean it up. I'm sure that Golden State will still want to swap Brandan Wright and Yi Jianlian, however filler's would need to be involved on Milwaukee's side because Wright has signed a rookie contract.

It should be interesting to see what team he goes to and how this plays out.

2. purplepride

purplepride BBW Member

It seems to me as a bit racist of Yi. If African-American ball players would only play in heavily black cities, well so much for the Green Bay Packers, Utah Jazz and other great franchises. I am white and never get to say this, BUT with the Chinese as a majority in the WORLD . . . here goes, how dare he, Yi, refuse to play simply becaue not enough of his native land live in the city; Who does YI think HE is?!? He . . . Yi . . . who? He, Yi, hasn't done Sh_t over here to earn such respect. I believe Stern needs to tell the world power of China not to send any more players over unless they are ready to deal with the system in place. Yi could be the toast of the town (or state of Wisconsin) if he would sign up and play, but instead that little stinking goat wants to buck the system and I think that sucks!

3. noballer08

noballer08 BBW Elite Member

So what's the news on the jolly yellow giant?

4. xiequfei

xiequfei BBW Member

Like I said before, Yi's finally signed the contract with Bucks.</p>

</p>

5. andy wong

andy wong JBB JustBBall Member

cool.I hope Yi will play well in Bucks. it is a great thing.</p>