Exclusive The One Thing We're Still Missing...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Mar 11, 2019.

1. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

In the past year we've increased our overall ball movement, increased our off-ball player movement, and we've improved our bench and the quality of our role players in general. What's the one improvement that I've wanted to see that we've still failed to make? Some of you may be able to guess, but watch to find out!

2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm going to say.... a championship?

barfo

3. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Nope. Got one of those.

A team mascot that isn’t stupid?

4. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

BonesJones and TorturedBlazerFan like this.
  5. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Honestly it seems like you flipflop on this from game to game depending on who they play and the type of offense they come against. Against team after team you will scream about fighting through a screen instead of switching. Then you look for a switch against others? This is the NBA and i just cannot see this ever being something that can be coupled into "Defensive Schematic Diversity". It's about the very best shooters in the entire world getting a good pick and finding daylight to get a shot or a sliver pass to the most athletic 7 foot dude you have ever seen?
    I cannot say you are wrong but it sure seems like a bunch more thought than what the game actually is. If you say something like "Defensive Schematic Diversity" to a player you are going to lose him. A defensive scheme is just that. It's a scheme for a game. They change due to the players you are keying on. Then you take in account the players they have around them. Then you have to adjust when one of those role players happens to be having a good game. We watch this happen every time Hood or Curry have a good game. We watched this happen early in the season when Layman was breaking to the hoop. Defenses now have to account for Jake every time he is on the court or they will pay. Mo having an impact helps this team also.
    It's the very same thing when the Blazers scheme against another team. There just is not that much diversity in what offenses do in the NBA. So there isn't that much diversity in what defenses do either. Just my take.