The 'Players who deserve respect' Thread

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Zards, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Stones

Stones BBW Member

Re: The 'Players who deserve respect' Thread

When I saw this thread the first name that came to mind was Craig Smith. Coming out of because as an undersized PF, no one thought he'd do much on the pro level. Well, he's been great for Minnesota coming off the bench. In the last ten games, he's averaging over 20 minutes off the bench. Yet, with all this, he gets no recognition at all.Another name that comes to mind is Paul Millsap. He was an outstanding rebounder in college(Only player in Division I history to lead the nation in rebounding 3 straight years), but, like Smith, was undersized for the PF position. He's doing great for Utah coming off the bench as well.Just two guys I'd throw out there.

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 6 2007, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also what stunt did Arenas pull against Boston?</div>I'm pretty sure WTJ was talking about last year when Arenas hit a shot, which at the time, looked to be the game winner. It was in overtime. Arenas then backpedaled to his bench, looked at the Boston bench, and flipped it off with both hands.[​IMG]The best part about this story is that on the next possession, Paul Pierce hit a buzzer beater to win the game. [​IMG]

3. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The best part about this story is that on the next possession, Paul Pierce hit a buzzer beater to win the game.</div>It was in Arenas's face too.

4. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

mardy COLLINS DESERVES SOME MUTHA fu*kin RESPECT THE DUDE IS A MUTHA fu*kin O.G.

5. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

I agree with the couple people that said Josh Howard. I don't think he fits this thread as by now everybody has heard of him, but he still deserves respect.He has been huge. Honestly, people last year were like, "Do you think JHo can make the allstar game next year or in the future?" I really said no, because I didn't think his playing ability was high enough. However, I really think he's more important than Shawn Marion (no hit on the Matrix, he's great, but I think there's no comparison at this point), and I think that he deserved this Allstar game. He honestly is a guy who can take over games now... not just a backup to Dirk, and I don't think people realize that. The few games when Dirk has been out, JHo has done just that, take over. And he does it so quietly. He will probably always be the second fiddle to Dirk, but he is such a good guy that he handles it well.

6. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Rashard LewisI dont know Seattles record with Allen out, but Lewis has either A)been stepping up for his team B)Show what he can do before he hits the market. Either way, hes averaging something like 35ppg with Allen out or something....

7. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

The two old Bulls centers both deserve respect. Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler, both were believed to be lost cuases. Tyson was moved to New Orleans after not really playing to his full potential in Chicago. Tyson comes into NOK and proves that he is a defensive machine while can still put up some offensive numbers. His offensive game still needs work but it definetely has improved. He's a beast on the boards and has completely turned around his image.Eddy Curry was moved to New York and has just dominated opposing centers this year. Last year he did not play to his full potential on NYK but this year his game was brought up to a new level. Every single aspect of Curry's game has improved. His rebounding, post prescence/scoring, and defense. He is one of the candidates for Most improved player and nearly got a spot on the all-star squad.

8. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 6 2007, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm pretty sure WTJ was talking about last year when Arenas hit a shot, which at the time, looked to be the game winner. It was in overtime. Arenas then backpedaled to his bench, looked at the Boston bench, and flipped it off with both hands.[​IMG]The best part about this story is that on the next possession, Paul Pierce hit a buzzer beater to win the game. [​IMG]</div>LMAO I respect Arenas even more now. LOL awsome I don't mind players being a little cocky and talking sh*t. That is why I like TO even though pretty much 99% of Eagles fans hate him. He makes it fun he does what he does and it is just to funny. And his TD celebrations are great also. lolBut Yeah to the person who said Shard Lewis damn staight man I for got to put him down when I made the post.

9. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

Nother dude: Paul Millisap. Seems like people have forgotten him since midseason but the guy is still out there doing his thing.

10. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

How about Amare Stoudamire. He was a big source of discussion here during the off-season. Alot of people thought that Amare wouldn't be the same player he was in the 2004-2005 season however he has actually improved since then. He quickly has become one of the most effective C's in the NBA and learned to dominate again. After being injured Amare returns to be an all-star and a potential All-NBA First team. I'm sure Amare has impressed everyone this year.

11. Strike3

Strike3 BBW Elite Member

Nene and Luol Deng great players but un talked about

12. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 7 2007, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nother dude: Paul Millisap. Seems like people have forgotten him since midseason but the guy is still out there doing his thing.</div>Yeah, this guy is a man-child. He also has a really soft touch around the basket. I wanted the Wizards to draft him in the 2nd round last year, but we took Vladimir Veremeenko instead. [​IMG] Since the All-Star Break, Milsap has struggled, though. Maybe he hit the rookie wall..

13. The Legacy

The Legacy BBW Member

Another guy who deserves some respect is Adam Morrison for his passing. He's been putting up some very good passing numbers lately and is making very difficult passes as well. Last night I saw him make several amazing passes against the Pacers.

14. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

A guy who deserves respect is Al Harrington. I hated him for a while but he's been doing great at center, shutting down Yao, playing solid defense on Duncan, and way outdoing Biedrins.Also Al Jefferson is a guy who is just starting to get respected, even though he's been a 20-10 guy since the allstar break.

15. Eli*

Eli* BBW Member

Tayshaun Prince deserves respect. d00ds.

16. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

Jose CalderonKris Humphriesthabo?idk...

17. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

I agree Amare, Deng, and Nene now really more consistent finally.

18. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

19. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Apr 18 2007, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">Regarding my previous post in this thread:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVgfx6VtFHoHow do you not respect that guy? [​IMG]</span></div> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] That Hermann guy is the sh*t. I agree on Nene, he's been doing a lot better lately and appears like he's coming back to form.

20. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Apr 18 2007, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">Regarding my previous post in this thread:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVgfx6VtFHoHow do you not respect that guy? [​IMG]</span></div>imagine the humiliation if he missed that dunk.