The Punisher's Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Agent Zero, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Re: The Punisher's Mock Draft

Paul Williams is a 3rd rounder IMO. So are Craig Davis, Johnnie Lee Higgins, etc.I updated my whole mock... both rounds.

2. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Did you just copy NFLDraftCountdown? I didn't look at everything, but for the most part it looks the same.Anyway, why would the Rams have the 52nd pick in round 2? That doesn't make sense. 13th in round one, so it should be the 13th in round 2 too, shouldn't it? That would be 45th overall, not 52nd.

3. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Feb 24 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did you just copy NFLDraftCountdown? I didn't look at everything, but for the most part it looks the same.Anyway, why would the Rams have the 52nd pick in round 2? That doesn't make sense. 13th in round one, so it should be the 13th in round 2 too, shouldn't it? That would be 45th overall, not 52nd.</div>Lol, that's the way it works in Madden, not in real life. Lol.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Feb 24 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyway, why would the Rams have the 52nd pick in round 2? That doesn't make sense. 13th in round one, so it should be the 13th in round 2 too, shouldn't it? That would be 45th overall, not 52nd.</div>That's not the way it works. The Rams own the tiebreaker over the other 7 8-8 Teams, so they get the best pick in the First Round, but in future Rounds the way it would work is....Round 1 (Rams would be Team 1)Team 1Team 2Team 3Team 4Team 5Team 6Team 7Team 8Round 2Team 2Team 3Team 4Team 5Team 6Team 7Team 8 Team 1Round 3Team 3Team 4Team 5Team 6Team 7Team 8 Team 1Team 2Round 4Team 4Team 5Team 6Team 7Team 8 Team 1Team 2Team 3ect, ect, ect.Usually this scenario isn't as complex with 8 teams tied, but you get the idea.

5. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

The First 7 picks are great IMO, each makes the most sense for the team on the clock. Yeah, it's the same as Scott Wrights, but theres nothing there I would change as of yet. I think after the 40 yard dash Greg Olsen ran yesterday that you have to put him in the First Round, Blalock too with 40 reps of 225 (Although that one you did do). I don't really see the Panthers going WR, they got MeShawn and Steve Smith still, and I haven't heard anything about Keyshawn possibly leaving.You have Justin Blalock being drafted twice, at 23 and 29.The Patriots won't take Sidney Rice with Patrick Willis on the board. Bill Belicheck has a commitment to building from the inside out as before last year, every First Rounder he ever spent was either a O-Lineman, D-Lineman, or Tight End, and he also has a history of getting WR/DB's in the mid rounds (Deion Branch Round 2, David Givens Round 7, Asante Samuel Round 4, Ellis Hobbs Round 3, Eugene Wilson Round 2, ect), plus it's a need as Junior Seau is ancient and I doubt he will be back and they want to get Tedi Bruschi out of the Starting Lineup and into a situational role because of his age. Patrick Willis could step in, start from Day 1 and instantly improve the Front 7. Also, Hughes doesn't really fit in the Patriots Defense, he's custom made for a team Running a Cover 2 as he's a Zone corner who sucks at Man Coverage. Defenses like the Jets and Patriots force you to need to be able to do both. Chris Houston makes more sense if they were going to go Defensive Back.Tank Tyler disappointed alot of teams when he weighed in at 306 yesterday IMO. He might still be the pick, but anybody who thought of him as a Nose Tackle was wrong.I don't really see Saftey as a need for the Cardinals. Adrian Wilson is a stud and Griffith is decent. The Cardinals need some major Linebacker help and Defensive Tackle could also use an upgrade, although I don't think there will be much at this point in the draft., maybe CB as Macklin is a UFA.Texans taking 2 OT's....maybe, but I doubt it. Probably more an interior lineman like Kalil there in the Second. I still think Round 2 is too high for Stanton. McCauleys a bit low although I know why...

6. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Vernon Davis was sort of a bust, and was overrated because of his speed. I don't think Olsen is a big need for Chicago, as they can get a Zach Miller or a Scott Chandler in round 2 if they need a TE. Keshawn is like 400 years old, and if Drew Carter is not exactly a great 2WR. Jarrett has the best hands in the draft, so why pass on him?Wow... I put Blalock twice. I did this at 1AM, give me a break :lol:Patriots are impossible to figure out. lolCardinals don't NEED one, but they could sure use one, especially if their name is Michael Griffin. Him and Adrian Wilson = best safety duo.Texans taking two OT's -- once again, I was tired.

7. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Ryan Kalil won't make it past 38.

8. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 25 2007, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Vernon Davis was sort of a bust, and was overrated because of his speed. I don't think Olsen is a big need for Chicago, as they can get a Zach Miller or a Scott Chandler in round 2 if they need a TE. Keshawn is like 400 years old, and if Drew Carter is not exactly a great 2WR. Jarrett has the best hands in the draft, so why pass on him?Wow... I put Blalock twice. I did this at 1AM, give me a break :lol:Patriots are impossible to figure out. lolCardinals don't NEED one, but they could sure use one, especially if their name is Michael Griffin. Him and Adrian Wilson = best safety duo.Texans taking two OT's -- once again, I was tired.</div>It's almost impossible to be a bust after one season unless you were cut, because alot of times Rookies don't have a huge impact in their rookie seasons and later turn it around. Ben Watson was a first rounder with similar speed to Olsen and he had 2 receptions for 16 yards his rookie season, this past year 49 receptions for 643 Yards. Not to mention Vernon Davis dealt with injuries all year and only started 8 games because of it. As for Olsen, I never said specifically to Chicago. I can see Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Tennessee, NY Jets, or New Orleans, having some interest. Although I hope the Jets don't as they have bigger needs.Keyshawn Johnson is 34 and has always relied on his physicality instead of his speed, so I wouldn't be too concerned if he loses a step. Maybe something for them to address in another year or two or in the 2nd/3rd rounds, but it's not a First Round Need IMO.Patriots I actually find rather predictable, they like to build from the inside out as they believe a dominant Front 7 would make any average secondary look good, and a dominant Offensive Line helps both the QB and the RB perform better. Being that their needs are Inside Linebackers (Seau, Bruschi are old), Secondary (Harrison is old, and unless they can lock up Samuel he's bolting first chance he gets), and Wide Reciever (Duh), I'd say that they'd address probably ILB and Saftey if there is a good one on the board before anywhere else. Just my opinion though.Cardinals don't need a Safety, but they do NEED other things is my point. Safety is a Luxury pick and they're not in a position to be picking Luxuries.

9. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Feb 25 2007, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ Feb 24 2007, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did you just copy NFLDraftCountdown? I didn't look at everything, but for the most part it looks the same.Anyway, why would the Rams have the 52nd pick in round 2? That doesn't make sense. 13th in round one, so it should be the 13th in round 2 too, shouldn't it? That would be 45th overall, not 52nd.</div>Lol, that's the way it works in Madden, not in real life. Lol.</div>Madden isn't real life? [​IMG]

10. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Vernon Davis broke his damn leg. Calling him a bust is ridiculous. Besides, he got double coverage a lot of times when he did play because the only other WR out there was Antonio Bryant.And yeah, you have Blalock drafted twice. I think you should have Grubbs or Spencer to the Ravens. if Blalock goes 23. Or Buster Davis could be an option (Scott has some experience as OLB)And Olsen to the Bears IMO. Last season, they spent a bunch of their picks on defense. They could use a good catching option with Muhammad and Clark getting older by the day.

11. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Plus Lawrence Timmons to the Giants. How fitting. LT with the same first name and initials as the greatest LB ever.

12. Invesco

Invesco NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Great Broncos picks..Jay Moore :yippee:

13. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

I see Atlanta taking Reggie Nelson, but it can go both ways. I just think 'The Eraser' has more upside playing under Zimmer.

14. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLibid @ Feb 26 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I see Atlanta taking Reggie Nelson, but it can go both ways. I just think 'The Eraser' has more upside playing under Zimmer.</div>Reggie Nelson is a tiny bit overrated because of his hair IMO. If he had short hair and went to a different college he would be considered a late 1st round pick. But you gotta love that hair, which makes me think the Falcons might draft him. lol.

15. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 26 2007, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLibid @ Feb 26 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I see Atlanta taking Reggie Nelson, but it can go both ways. I just think 'The Eraser' has more upside playing under Zimmer.</div>Reggie Nelson is a tiny bit overrated because of his hair IMO. If he had short hair and went to a different college he would be considered a late 1st round pick. But you gotta love that hair, which makes me think the Falcons might draft him. lol.</div>Definetly. And I want to draft him because of his sweet nickname. :banghead:

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

If the Falcons get a safety or wide receiver in the 1st round, I will screw the Ravens, and become their fan again.

17. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 26 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Reggie Nelson is a tiny bit overrated because of his hair IMO. If he had short hair and went to a different college he would be considered a late 1st round pick. But you gotta love that hair, which makes me think the Falcons might draft him. lol.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If the Falcons get a safety or wide receiver in the 1st round, I will screw the Ravens, and become their fan again.</div> :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

18. david81

david81 BBW Member

Chris Houston is good. But Teddy fuckin Ginn at 11? Nooooooooooooooooooooo.

19. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GaMeTiMe @ Feb 27 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 26 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Reggie Nelson is a tiny bit overrated because of his hair IMO. If he had short hair and went to a different college he would be considered a late 1st round pick. But you gotta love that hair, which makes me think the Falcons might draft him. lol.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If the Falcons get a safety or wide receiver in the 1st round, I will screw the Ravens, and become their fan again.</div>:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:</div>???

20. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

I dont know, I just felt the need to slam my head against the wall multiple times after those comments. Reggie Nelson will be a Falcon because of his hair?