Notice The Return of the NBA

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by THE HCP, Jun 4, 2020.

1. RipCityDSCPL

RipCityDSCPL Could be worse, at least it's not Lonzo.

2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

3. THE HCP

4. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

5. RipCityDSCPL

yeliaB noirO@

6. THE HCP

7. RipCityDSCPL

DeSDu' Orion Bailey

8. RipCityDSCPL

I have been at work all day so I haven't been able to sit down and write a lengthy post until now.

What seems to be the issue?

*posted this in the wrong thread.

9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Still not following?

10. RipCityDSCPL

What is your problem with me posting today? Have I angered you? Made you mad? Annoyed?

11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Not at all. Lol. Just confused? All harmless of course, but wth? lol

12. RipCityDSCPL

Are you messing with me?

All I did was post on my breaks and lunch like I am likely to do on most days and at the end I see alerts from you. It seemed you were annoyed about something I did.

Will you tell me what it was I did?

13. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Ringer rates Blazers as one of five teams to watch:
    "With the exception of the Nets, who will suddenly be turning to Jamal Crawford and Michael Beasley for big minutes thanks to injury and illness, Portland might be the team in line for the biggest overhaul in Orlando. Whether that will be enough to propel the Blazers through a daunting seeding-game schedule—the third-toughest slate of any team in the restart, according to our Zach Kram—and a play-in showdown into the West’s final eight, though? That very much remains to be seen.

The good news: After spending the entire season searching for answers in the frontcourt, the Blazers will welcome back sight-for-sore-eyes big men Jusuf Nurkic and Zach Collins. Nurkic hasn’t suited up in 15 months, since suffering compound fractures to his left tibia and fibula in the final weeks of the 2018-19 season; surgery to repair a torn left labrum has kept Collins on the shelf for just over eight months. How effective they’ll be after such long layoffs is a major question, but when healthy—and both say they are—Nurkic and Collins give the Blazers a massive infusion of size and skill.

Nurkic was averaging career highs in points, rebounds, and assists at the time of his injury and was holding opponents to 55.2 percent shooting at the rim (a strong if not top-shelf number). The 22-year-old Collins profiles as a potential unicorn, pairing a credible 3-point stroke with the ability to protect the rim and guard in space; last season, he was one of only 11 players to take at least 100 3s, hit at least one-third of them, and block more than 3 percent of opponents’ shots. Their reintegration could add some interior punch and variety to Portland’s predominantly guard-oriented offensive attack, and prove a major boon to a Blazers team that ranks 26th in points allowed per possession and 27th in defensive rebounding rate this season.

Juggling the big-man rotation won’t be easy for Terry Stotts, though. Hassan Whiteside—much maligned for his mammoth contract and stat-chasing reputation—has been way better than you might think for the Blazers this season. The former Heat big man is averaging a career-best 16.3 points per game on 61.8 percent shooting, and while this owes in part to the lack of quality options behind him, the Blazers’ point differential is 10.5 points-per-100 better with him on the court than off it; Whiteside actually ranks 14th in the entire league in player impact plus-minus this season. Even if Nurkic and Collins are expected to start, Stotts can’t just cast Whiteside out entirely; this means the Blazers are probably going to trot out some jumbo-ass lineups … especially given their dearth of options at small forward.

Trevor Ariza might not seem like a crucial piece for a playoff team in 2020, but his decision to sit out the restart has major repercussions for a Blazers team that has struggled to patch together minutes on the wing after Al-Farouq Aminu, Mo Harkless, and Jake Layman all left in free agency last summer, and Rodney Hood ruptured his Achilles tendon in December. After coming over from Sacramento in a late January trade, Ariza made 21 starts for the Blazers, chipped in 11 points, 4.8 rebounds, and two assists per game on 49/40/87 shooting splits, and at least put in a shift defending opposing perimeter players. Without him, Stotts’s options are sudden positional revolutionary Carmelo Anthony, Mario Hezonja, rookie Nassir Little, and second-year man Gary Trent Jr. (who might be the best pick, given his combination of shooting stroke and defensive aptitude)—which is to say, three power forwards, two of whom present major defensive challenges, and a shooting guard.

I’m excited to see Nurkic and Collins back on the court, and I believe that Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum (who might functionally turn into a small forward in three-guard lineups?) will give Portland a puncher’s chance of holding off the Pelicans, Kings, Spurs, and Suns to force a play-in tournament against the Grizzlies. I just don’t know how Stotts will make it all work. I’m looking forward to finding out, though."
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/7/9/21318771/five-most-interesting-teams-lakers-nuggets-blazers

14. THE HCP

Ringer......HA!

15. RipCityDSCPL

@Orion Bailey

Well if there is no actual problem I am going back to posting like normal then.

Let me leave you with a quote of a very wise philosopher;

"All good man. If your that chill then just dismiss it? :cheers:

Or get your panties in a wad, go hyperbole and then say your completely chill. lol..;"

I wish I knew who said this but I am terrible with remembering things, especially names. Fortunately, I know of two members of this very forum who have been taught under this sage's learning tree who can tell the both of us;

@BonesJones?
    @KSF-ERIC?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  16. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Don't go breaking my heart...

17. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I don't think anyone knows what you're on about. Oh sorry, that was too non-chill of me to say.

KSF-ERIC and RipCityDSCPL like this.
  18. RipCityDSCPL

You're Sensei taught you well.

19. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

still not getting your point.
    Other than it looks like you got your panties in a bunch like Bones did? Lol

i was never tagging him??????

Lol

do your thing....hyperbole rules!!!