The Rivalry: Magic Fans vs. Raptors Fans

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by bbwSwish, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Iggy

Iggy Iggy

<div class="quote_poster">The One & Only Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Says the Sixers fan.</div>

The Sixers actually have a fair amount of fans on JBB, so nice try.

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

The Magic forum has more activity than the Sixers. [​IMG]

Anyways, I'd be down for that Chutney. That would be badass, we'd have to run it by Mel though I think.

3. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Iggy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The Sixers actually have a fair amount of fans on JBB, so nice try.</div>

But why??

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Master Shake:</div><div class="quote_post">So you're saying that Harry Potter could beat a Raptor. Well let's look at this logically. Harry Potter is a fictional, hormonal, boy-guy, who cares now about magic as his own ass. The Raptor was a real thing, and could kill Potter, no problem, because they traveled in packs, so Raptor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harry "I want sex" Potter

Mankind is doomed because guys like you believe that Harry Potter can define how could you team is.</div>

Yeah, Harry Potter might seem gay, but I'm thinking he's gonna beat that Hermoine chick up. LMAO Anyways, I gotta represent my Magic team even though we got beat by Toronto when they didn't have Bosh. O well, let's do it for the whole series then.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Master Shake:</div><div class="quote_post">Listen, with the 126 million dollar man, anything is possible. Unless that man is Rashard Lewis...wait.</div>

Hey, some people said that you guys overpaid for Jason Kapano. And he's white. GOT EM!

4. bbwSwish

You guys make it sound like just because Rashard was overpaid, he'll be less effective on the court. The fact is, we got him and him and Dwight will still make for a great duo, overpaid or not.

5. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

In fact, it should motivate his ass seeing he's getting paid a lot.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Dwight and Darko scared me more than Dwight and Rashard.

7. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dwight and Darko scared me more than Dwight and Rashard.</div>

Darko and Dwight could have been great but he was never used right under Brian Hill anyways. He received little playing time and didn't start much for our team. Basically the only difference between this year's team and last year's is that we lost a bench player in Darko and gained a star wing player in Rashard Lewis. Could this offseason have been better? Yes. Did we improve? Definitely.

8. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

We didn't even use Darko that much and we didn't play his style of basketball. How could you say that?

9. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Well, I mean obviously he wasn't used properly under Brian Hill. But you could say that about everyone on last year's roster. What I was saying is that, with a proper coach, Darko/Dwight matched up much better against the Raptors than Rashard/Dwight. Our biggest weakness is interior defense and those two could've punished us inside. I'm pretty confident in Anthony Parker guarding Lewis 1-on-1 though, and that lets us focus on denying Howard the ball down low.

10. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Chutney Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well, I mean obviously he wasn't used properly under Brian Hill. But you could say that about everyone on last year's roster. What I was saying is that, with a proper coach, Darko/Dwight matched up much better against the Raptors than Rashard/Dwight. Our biggest weakness is interior defense and those two could've punished us inside. I'm pretty confident in Anthony Parker guarding Lewis 1-on-1 though, and that lets us focus on denying Howard the ball down low.</div>

Did you forget Tony Battie?? Garrity? James Augustine??[​IMG]

Those guys the Raptors will have to face down low if we don't sign someone soon. Anthony Parker?? Isn't the guy like 6'5? Anyways, JJ Redick should step up and also Ariza. Nelson is still a threat and a Ford VS Nelson matchup should be fun to watch.

11. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Yes Parker is 6'5 and I don't think he will guard Rashard the most effectively. More than likely Jorge will do a better job on him. Hell I could even see Bargs guarding him with Bosh on Howard and Rasho on whatever scrub C the magic have in. Bargs length might give Lewis some trouble

The raps are just too deep for the Magic IMO - The magic are probably one of the most shallow teams and the Raptors are one of the deepest

12. TheHighness

TheHighness JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">02civic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yes Parker is 6'5 and I don't think he will guard Rashard the most effectively. More than likely Jorge will do a better job on him. Hell I could even see Bargs guarding him with Bosh on Howard and Rasho on whatever scrub C the magic have in. Bargs length might give Lewis some trouble

The raps are just too deep for the Magic IMO - The magic are probably one of the most shallow teams and the Raptors are one of the deepest</div>

If Orlando gets a half way decent pf and Redick or Ariza live up to their potential Orlando could actually have some pretty decent depth.

13. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">TheHighness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If Orlando gets a half way decent pf and Redick or Ariza live up to their potential Orlando could actually have some pretty decent depth.</div>

Magic are pretty deep in the backcourt and SF, we are just weak in the big positions. Like Highness said, if we get a halfway decent PF for the vet min and keep Hedo, we'll have pretty good depth.

14. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">02civic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yes Parker is 6'5 and I don't think he will guard Rashard the most effectively. More than likely Jorge will do a better job on him. Hell I could even see Bargs guarding him with Bosh on Howard and Rasho on whatever scrub C the magic have in. Bargs length might give Lewis some trouble

The raps are just too deep for the Magic IMO - The magic are probably one of the most shallow teams and the Raptors are one of the deepest</div>

I find it funny that you say that. Are you saying Rasho is actually good?[​IMG] Bargnani on Rashard?? I think that's a mismatch. The Magic do have reliable depth except at Center and PF. We have solid PGs and wing players.

15. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I find it funny that you say that. Are you saying Rasho is actually good?[​IMG] Bargnani on Rashard?? I think that's a mismatch. The Magic do have reliable depth except at Center and PF. We have solid PGs and wing players.</div>

I like Bargnani on Rashard. Bargnani will make him play on the perimeter so Bosh can get his way inside. Parker can guard Pierce, he is a good defender. While Kapono and Delfino will split job on Allen. Solid PG's? Nelson is good, but solid, no. He shoots to much for his own good, and should average way more assists with a guy like Howard. You back up is no where near Toronto's tandem of Ford/Calderon.

16. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

<div class="quote_poster">Master Shake Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I like Bargnani on Rashard. Bargnani will make him play on the perimeter so Bosh can get his way inside. Parker can guard Pierce, he is a good defender. While Kapono and Delfino will split job on Allen. Solid PG's? Nelson is good, but solid, no. He shoots to much for his own good, and should average way more assists with a guy like Howard. You back up is no where near Toronto's tandem of Ford/Calderon.</div>

I don't really understand your first sentence. You are saying that Bargnani will guard Rashard and that Bosh will work his way down low. I just need you to explain. Anyways, Parker is a solid defender but guarding a 6'10 player is different than a 6'6. Nelson is still a solid player. He is a shoot first PG. What's wrong with that?? There are a couple of shoot first PGs in the league. Arroyo is decent and Dooling is a good defender. Just because you have Howard doesn't mean you'll avg. 8apg. They work the ball around. Grant Hill would also handle the ball at times.

17. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Raptors are going to pwn you guys man.

But too bad Rockets are gonna pwn Raptors.

18. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

^lol Umair you're an asshole.

19. Master Shake

<div class="quote_poster">Umair Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Raptors are going to pwn you guys man.

But too bad Rockets are gonna pwn Raptors.</div>

May I remind of you a game last season, won by 18, maybe???

20. Master Shake

<div class="quote_poster">CLos Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I don't really understand your first sentence. You are saying that Bargnani will guard Rashard and that Bosh will work his way down low. I just need you to explain. Anyways, Parker is a solid defender but guarding a 6'10 player is different than a 6'6. Nelson is still a solid player. He is a shoot first PG. What's wrong with that?? There are a couple of shoot first PGs in the league. Arroyo is decent and Dooling is a good defender. Just because you have Howard doesn't mean you'll avg. 8apg. They work the ball around. Grant Hill would also handle the ball at times.</div>

I said Rashard will have to guard Bargnani which open up some space for Bosh. I agree, 6'6 is different then 6'10, but he can still guard Pierce. The couple of shoot first PG's, how successful are they? Aren't you the one who kept saying the best PG's are the ones who pass. So you ranked Jason Kidd 5th and Marc Jackson higher? So by that Nelson is a bad PG, so is Alston and James. So please, you duo is not going to beat the Raptor duo. Dooling is a good defender, I'll give him that, but he is not a shut down one.

What do you mean just because you have Dwight you won't average 8apg? He is going to be so dominate, and he already is. Listen, all I'm saying is, if Nelson passed the ball more inside, he would have more assists and when they double on Howard, he can shoot. He needs to become a better all around PG.