The Rivalry: Magic Fans vs. Raptors Fans

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by bbwSwish, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

This Bargnani-Rashard talk is all nonsense. They won't match up against each other, because they play completely different positions and they'd be a complete liability on defense. Bargnani will face off against whoever the Magic find to play next to Dwight Howard.

Anthony Parker is fully capable of guarding Rashard Lewis. You have to realize that the dude's defense isn't great because of his physical talent, but because he's fundamentally sound. He's guarded players bigger/stronger than him and he does a good job, because he knows how to take them out of their game. With Lewis, I think he's quicker with his feet and could force him into being more of a jumpshooter. Not to say that Parker will shut him down, but he won't let him go off on us. Plus, we have another good fundamental defender in Jorge Garbajosa (6-9), coming off the bench.

And even though Rasho is badly overrated, don't make the mistake in thinking that he's completely useless. He's still valuable for his post defense and rebounding. If I remember correctly, he did a pretty good job defending Dwight in a game last season.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Parker is one of the most under rated defender's in the league. He can dictate and take guys out of their game like Chutney pointed out. I just think that the Magic don't have any advantage over us. Lewis can be guarded, he isn't a super star. Howard and Bosh will still go on. Our PG's will continue to play at a higher level then Nelson or Arroyo.

When I said Bargnani against Lewis, I assumed Lewis would be playing PF. Being 6'10 I thought it would be his position, with Hedo playing SF. I think an interesting match-up is Delfino against Hedo. I think that he will playing a SF type position and to see those guys go at it on offense could be fun to watch.

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

We just don't really match up well against the Raptors as evidenced by last season. I think we might be able to win 1 game against them this year and not get swept again, but I can't see us winning the series unless Bosh and Bargiani go down. As evidenced by last year just Bosh going down isn't good enough for the Magic to beat the Raptors.

4. Master Shake

<div class="quote_poster">GatorsowntheNCAA Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">We just don't really match up well against the Raptors as evidenced by last season. I think we might be able to win 1 game against them this year and not get swept again, but I can't see us winning the series unless Bosh and Bargnani go down. As evidenced by last year just Bosh going down isn't good enough for the Magic to beat the Raptors.</div>

Yea, I was so surprised how well we played without Bosh. If it was 2 years ago, We would of been done. Now, even if he goes out, we can still compete with any team. This is why I love this team, aside from it's were I live. I watch the Raptors over any team in Toronto. The Leafs could go 81-1, I would still watch the Raptors. They are my favorite over all team ever.

We match-up well with most teams in the East, but in the West it is a different story, but we can still beat any team.

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I mean look at their team, their backup PF could EASILY start for us(Garbajosa), their backup PG would EASILY be our starting PG(Calderon). I'd love to have an Anthony Parker type player starting at SG for us. Since he can shoot and play defense. Basically a combined Trevor Redick that isn't as good in either department as JJ or Trevor, but is still pretty good in both. If he was on our roster he would basically be guaranteed a starting spot on the wing(depending on where we play Shard). So that's essentially 3 backups on their roster that could start for us. I just don't see how we match up well against them at all.

6. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Aug 7 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Fine, I'll challenge you instead. We're gonna take em down this year. We're better than them now.</div>

I owned every Raptors fan this year. I called all of this shit. [​IMG]

7. Master Shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Mar 4 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Aug 7 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Fine, I'll challenge you instead. We're gonna take em down this year. We're better than them now.</div>

</div>

Hey shut up! We didn't have Bosh!

8. bbwSwish

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Mar 4 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Mar 4 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Aug 7 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Fine, I'll challenge you instead. We're gonna take em down this year. We're better than them now.</div>

</div>

</div>

This time... How do you explain the other losses. [​IMG]

9. Master Shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Mar 4 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Mar 4 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Mar 4 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Aug 7 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Fine, I'll challenge you instead. We're gonna take em down this year. We're better than them now.</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

Those were just nothing games for the Raptors. Anyway, we'll see come playoff time who does better.

10. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Haha. Best excuse ever.

11. bbwSwish

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Mar 4 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Mar 4 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Master Shake @ Mar 4 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Mar 4 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Aug 7 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Fine, I'll challenge you instead. We're gonna take em down this year. We're better than them now.</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

Those were just nothing games for the Raptors. Anyway, we'll see come playoff time who does better.
    </div>

[​IMG]

12. bbwSwish

So Chutney, you gonna put that banner up on your Team Forum? haha [​IMG]

13. Master Shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swish @ Mar 4 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So Chutney, you gonna put that banner up on your Team Forum? haha [​IMG]</div>

I don't think we even have banners, but we can check.

14. bbwSwish

We have forum slogans. [​IMG]

15. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

^He's not going to let it go.

16. bbwSwish

^You are correct sir!

17. Kaz

Kaz Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legacy @ Aug 7 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nets own them both. [​IMG]</div>
    uh nets dont even have a winning record!!! so dont even talk

18. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bigkallday @ Mar 5 2008, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legacy @ Aug 7 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nets own them both. [​IMG]</div>
    uh nets dont even have a winning record!!! so dont even talk
    </div>
    That post was from last year. [​IMG]

19. bbwSwish

This just got way more interesting.

20. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Awwwwww yeeeeeeaaah. I am so ready for this series.