The Road Less Traveled: T-MAC

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Sasha, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">He is about as close to the action as you can get without breaking a sweat, a form of slow torture that is life for Todd MacCulloch these days.

The National Basketball Association career of the seven-foot Winnipeg native has been in limbo for almost a year since he was diagnosed with a mysterious disorder that is attacking his balance and mobility.

A centre entering his fifth National Basketball Association campaign with the Philadelphia 76ers, MacCulloch has not been able to play in a game since Feb. 2 of last season.

This year, after a training camp appearance showed he was nowhere close to being able to return, the personable redhead has moved into broadcasting, working as the colour analyst on the 76ers' radio broadcasts.

While enjoying the radio experience, the 27-year-old admits it is difficult remaining so close to the game that he still hopes to return to one day as an active participant.</div>

Full story...

It's quite sad how things hit people like this, his whole career is over now. First it happened with Mourning, not the same thing, but a rare disease if you will, and now to McCulloch. Mourning hasn't been the same since, he is not the "Zo Show" anymore, not the firey play we once knew. Todd could have been something special, at least in my eyes, but awful things happen. I saw a quick glimpse of him as I was watching the game last night, and I felt so sorry for the guy, the one thing in the world that he would die for, give probably anything up for has been taken away from him.