The Shout out thread for complimenting players game by game.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by riverman, Feb 22, 2014.

1. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Yes precious, give us our lillard swag raw and wiggly my love.

2. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

Do you only ref 6A?

Any experience with Coach Roche?

3. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I think it depends on what role the coach wants at a given time. If you want someone to work for his own shot in garbage time, Will is the Thrill, no doubt.

If you want someone to blend in with Mo and the other players on the court, I think the coach goes with CJ to give him some court time to get him some experience. CJ is a good and willing passer. Other than his current shooting slump, CJ will generally not hurt you nor take the ball out of other players' hands.

Mo is supposed to be our instant offense guy, and main assist guy off the bench. Will does one of those at least, but the coach clearly has more faith and comfort in using Mo for that, and as a distributor. CJ is also a better distributor than Will.

But again, if you want to plug someone in who can get a shot off against just about anyone, it's Will.

I don't think it's so much Will v. CJ, as it is Will v. Mo. Even with Mo out, Coach has a certain idea of the mix of players he wants, and I don't think it generally involves a guy whose strength is one-on-one basketball. When it does or if there is a match-up advantage, by all means put Will in. He's fun and effective.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I feel CJ gets the nod over Will mainly because of Stotts love of the 3pt shot. Wright gets it over Claver for the same reason but in my opinion Will and Victor are much better defenders and put more pressure on the ball handlers. We are not very tall in our pt guard rotation or SG rotation. Will is much taller than Dame, CJ, Earl or Mo and he creates his shot. CJ will be a good player someday but to me, Will is getting the short end of the stick in the rotations. I am not a fan of Dame, Mo and CJ on the court together..unless we need a 3 and go small when switching offense for defense. Will has earned time with his play of late. Earl is hands down the best defender in the backcourt of all the pt guards although Dame is improving. Seems the coach wants to jump start the 3pt game even when it's obvious guys aren't shooting it all that well.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Also a shout out for Meyers Leonard who has proven me wrong recently by playing much better defense. I'm starting to like him and TRob together on the court when the pace picks up

6. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

No. We all do 6A to 1A. Mainly varsity though. Occasionally they'll sneak in a JV here or there. I just started doing D3 small college this year. Who does Coach Roche coach?

7. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

Wilsonville boys

8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Nico! What a game in the big easy! Earl Watson impacted the turn around with Rolo but Nic and Dame put this game away in the 4th! Back on track! Losing streak is history!

9. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Losing streak? I don't recall any losing streak. Maybe a few hiccups here and there but certainly not a losing streak. I would remember if there was one.

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'd call it a 4 game belch but I could be in denial about my short term memory.

11. Drttimmy

Drttimmy Well-Known Member

I only caught the 4th quarter, but Nic really did look like the real Pippen out there. Not the squint your eyes and you can sorta see it version, but the full, real deal. He was the most aggressive player on the court and the way he was grabbing boards and immediately pushing....it will be said a million more times, but if he could only always play this way.

12. SlyPokerDog

Hmmm, do you live in Washington or Colorado? That might explain any short term memory problems.

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Nah, but my property is not that far from the Oregon Country Fair so....that might explain it.

14. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Nico. Nuff said.

Don't forget Wright. Scored well and played out of position helping defend a future HOFer. Helped keep us in it until TRob came in.

15. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Damn. Anthony Davis getting future HOF already? He's 21. lol.

16. SlyPokerDog

I used to love the OCF! Ever been to the midnight show?

17. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Nic stood and delivered. So did Wes in clutch three situations, and Lillard just overall in the second half. Props to Earl for taking no shit, sinking two free throws, and running the team when we needed it most. Good on Wright too for providing some much needed offense.

Good team effort, good win.

18. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Nic is averaging 13.25 rebounds per game in the last 8. He's hungry for them boards.

19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

many, many times...been going there since the early 70s and my son has worked the fair since he was big enough to walk, he's graduating from OSU this spring..he works the fair every year at the seafood booth. I live SW of the fair in the foothills of the coastal range but at midnight I can hear the main stage bass and drums from my deck. I don't camp there anymore, that's his thing now.

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Well said!