The stock markets aren't happy with the election results.

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by blazerboy30, Nov 7, 2012.

1. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Dont hate the playa hate the game!!!

2. MickZagger

UPS
    Disrespect of the working class is a patriotic endeavor

3. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I'm the working class. I guarantee I've worked more hours by my early 40s than you'll work your entire life. Working class...hilarious.

4. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

You JUST SIP CHAMPAGNE ON YOUR FAMILYS FORTUNE AND YOUR INHERITANCE FROM THE KOCH BROTHERS.

5. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

I was hoping the tone that is being set on S2 was what many in the stock market were feeling. Was watching for that panic sell off as a good time to buy. There is always hope for tomorrow, but I think most understand it is business as usual in the US and there is only slight differences between republican and democratic parties.

The US is not coming to an end, they will not be like Greece or be taken over by the China. For the next 4 years, the rich take a hit, some programs are saved . . . and then we do it all over again in 4 years.

6. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Its business as usual until the us stops infusing quantitative easing or has to raise interest rates. Thats when the tailspin happens

{Poasted via palm pilot}

7. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    That's where you're wrong. The rich won't take a hit. We'll be just fine. We have enough assets to prosper in good times and bad. Do you want to know who's fucked? The middle class. Or anyone who wants to start a business. Try saving up the money to self-fund. And with interest rates going up, both debt and equity will require higher returns. Do you know what that will do to pre-money values?

I'll give you an example. We used to do mezzanine deals all the time. The average deal would be 500-575 points above LIBOR with a 10% equity kicker up to 95% LTV. Do you know what those deals are now? 1,600-1,725 above LIBOR with a 25%-30% equity kicker up to a 90% LTV. That market is dead. How many projects simply don't get built because of the crowding out of the Federal Government and greater perceived risk due to the weak economy?

Think it's hard to afford a house now? Clothing? Food? Durable goods? Here comes the government that loves you, playing Santa Claus. The only problem is they're doing it on your overextended credit card. They get elected, you pay. It's the ultimate sucker's game.

I have to laugh when I hear how financial calamity can't happen to us. Of course it can. What makes us special? What is happening in Greece and Spain and Italy can easily happen here, and it will happen overnight. This is how financial crises occur: Gradually, then suddenly. We've been experiencing the gradual part; it's only a matter of time until one morning you wake up to find you're 20% poorer due to inflation. And that forecast doesn't even begin to predict what happens when the world decides to use another currency to transact business. When the world doesn't need the dollar, we're beyond fucked.

People want to pretend that the government is just too complex to understand. On a macro level, it's incredibly simple. It's little different than a household. Spend so much more than you take in year after year after year after year, and you go bankrupt. And when you go bankrupt, no one will give you another red cent, and then you have to live on what you bring in. Can you imagine how this government can live on $0.59 when it used to spend a dollar?

We had a chance to save ourselves. Normally, I'd say women and children first, but now it's every man for himself. The country voted to charge full steam ahead toward an iceberg; I'm disembarking and taking my family on a different boat.

8. blazerboy30

blazerboy30 Well-Known Member

Good post.

I'm always amused when the middle and lower class think they are "sticking it" to the rich by voting for tax increases when the stock market drops, home prices drop, wages drop, etc, etc.

The rich are fine and will be fine.

9. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Well at least we are both laughing as I laugh on those who panic and say US will soon be Greece.

I'm assuming you are taking all you money out of equites if the country can so easily go under. Wish more people would think the way you do.

10. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Bitching and moaning wont change the fact that America was wildly successful economically when the top rate was higher then it is now, and much higher then it will be. The wealthy found reason to invest then, and they will continue to do so.

Year. Rate
    1941 81%
    1944. 94%
    1964. 77%
    1981. 70%
    1982. 50%
    1987. 38.5%

So now we are at 35%, and that number might rise to a maximum of 39.6%. For those above 250k. I'm sorry you believe that the diff fence is going to kill the economy, but you are wrong. It's a bullshit claim and you have bought into it hook, line and sinker.

11. blazerboy30

Please post all available deductions for each of those years. Also, please post all of the actual effective tax rates for each of those years.

Otherwise your call of bullshit is just plain bullshit that you've bought into after being spoon fed by the left.

12. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Screw that, if you want to research that feel free. But what I provided is fact, what y ou are saying is that unless I spend a day doing research on "all available deductions for each of those years" that my claim is not true. It is either true or false regardless of me doing the research. But you are sadly buying into right wing propaganda and not looking at history or the facts. Fine by me, but if you want to do the research and prove me wrong with regard to effective tax rates, ill read every word.

13. MickZagger

UPS
    He's just butt hurt that Obama got re-elected. He needs to cry in his pillow.

14. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Yep, I don't think posting facts mean anything to most right wingers. They just make up their own fact.

15. blazerboy30

This is either a giant cop out, or you don't understand that effective tax rates are much more important and meaningful than the top tax bracket.

The US economy has been the most successful in years when the number of sun spots is in the bottom quartile. IT'S NOW YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVE ME WRONG.

16. blazerboy30

Yet you won't even answer reasonable, straightforward questions.

17. blazerboy30

Gimme a break. Either have an intelligent, reasonable conversation or go hold hands with Zagger if you're incapable.

If you really don't want to own up to the "fact" that you posted is irrelevant without the full context, you're just trolling.

18. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    You are the one who is making assertions about the effective rate being lower, so IT'S NOW YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVE ME WRONG. If you want to, go ahead, prove your assertion. But I'm not going to spend my time because you discovered caps lock.

19. blazerboy30

Nope, I didn't. I asked what they were. You're the one who started posting historical tax rates.

And it's your responsibility to prove me wrong about the economy being strong in times of low sun spot appearances.

See how ridiculous it is to claim it is the responsibility of somebody else to check random statistics you throw out in a post?

I see that you're not capable of having an intelligent conversation, so please continue posting statistics that you have no clue about their meaning.

20. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I'll just tell you that you're woefully ignorant if all you do is look at the top marginal rate. Blazerboy is right, the effective tax rate was significantly lower. The real metric (unless you wish to punish a certain social class) is tax revenue expressed as a percentage of GDP. What you'll find is regardless of the tax rates, the percentage remains the same (18%-20% of GDP). Wouldn't it make sense to make them as low as possible?