Politics The Trump Crazy Train!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by SlyPokerDog, Jan 25, 2024.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

If you are unsure of how completely insane Trump's political operation is, and how royally screwed the GOP is going into the general election, this should give you an idea:

On January 22nd, Trump attorney Alina Habba told Judge Lewis Kaplan she needed to delay Trump's defamation trial because her parents had Covid and she herself was sick.

On January 23rd, Trump staffer Dylan Quattrucci took a photo with Alina Habba at Trump's NH primary victory party and posted that photo to social media.

Quattrucci inadvertently shared with the world that Habba had lied to a Judge to delay court proceedings. (I would image that Habba committed some kind of crime there).

For doing that, Quattrucci was immediately kicked out of Trump's victory event. Of course he filmed his expulsion and posted it to social media.

There was no way Quattrucci could have known taking a photo with Habba, who is more of a MAGA influencer than a lawyer, would have resulted in his immediate excommunication from Trump world.

For reference, Dylan Quattrucci was was filmed at the US capitol on J6 saying this to police officers:

“If you are a police officer and you are going to abide by unconstitutional bullshit, I want you to do me a favor right now and go hang yourself, because you’re a piece of shit."

Great people.

It's just deranged idiocy all around.

2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

She doesn't look sick to me

SharpeScooterShooter likes this.
  3. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

And people still wonder why I say the things I say about the modern republican party and what it makes you when you vote for them. These people are trying to destroy America.

stampedehero likes this.
  4. SharpeScooterShooter

SharpeScooterShooter SharpeShooter

Freeloader
    It’s possible to have republican ideals and not be a trump supporter. It’s possible to have republican ideals and still believe in equal rights for all.

But you know… blanket judgements….

stampedehero likes this.
  5. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    is telling the judge what she did considered under oath? if so…

stampedehero likes this.
  6. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

As long as Donald Trump is the face of the Republican Party and as long as Republican politicians kowtow to him without question, pride or ethics, then blanket judgements are earned and deserved. And will continue. No one ever said life was fair.....and unless and until America regains its sanity you're just gonna have to get used to it. Quit trying to play both sides of an issue where only one side exists......it just sends you down endless rabbit holes.....

7. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    okay but think about the double standard here. What you are saying is it’s okay to just vote republican across the board (which I don’t) and tell those who think that’s bad… “life isn’t fair. Deal with it.”

so… deal with it.

or I could say. I will continue to play both sides because there are two sides. Deal with it.

8. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    So fuck it. If blanket statements are okay and I need to deal with it. Then fuck it.
    I’m down.
    Every time someone posts something about all republicans, I’ll just tell them to deal with it.
    @UncleCliffy'sDaddy i have mad respect for you, I think you know that, but this logic is simply not sound. And if you think it is, the wrath that will come from it from party towers will be immense. And they will tell you to just… deal with it.

9. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    Also. It isn’t about both sides. It’s about individual sides, individual topics and individual people.
    There are many sides to everything. There is nothing in this world one sided. Life has death. Man has woman. Right has wrong. Light has dark.
    On and on and on.

10. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

“tronald dump”

stampedehero and Chris Craig like this.
  11. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

The current Republican Party has declared open and proud ownership of "the double standard" (see Gym Jordan and subpoenas). Which takes it completely off the table. They are not interested in governing. Only in "owning" the Libs. See today's Republican cave in to Trumps demands for the Republicans to submarine a tentative bipartisan border agreement. Years of finger pointing and whining about a border "crisis".....but it can wait till next year because Donnie needs a win. They have just made it clear that there is no crisis. Quit playing the victim (or worse, a fence sitter) and pick a side. I'll believe there are actually "good" Republicans when they stand up en masse against a minority that is trying to literally destroy Democracy because it doesn't give them a blank check. I'm with Pruney on this one. Anyone who would vote for Donald Trump (or any Republican at this point......other than maybe Kinzinger).....is a waste of skin.....if that makes me a bad person, then please allow me to wallow proudly in that mud hole......

stampedehero, ehizzy3, Voodoo and 4 others like this.
  12. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Men have women? Do women get a vote?

13. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Well, the Republican party certainly does not believe in that. It's great that you do, but why call yourself a Republican if that's your viewpoint?

What are the non-Trumpist 'ideals' that you and the current Republican party both have?

Maybe you could point to passages from the most recent (2020) Republican party platform to show me.

barfo

14. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

The Republican party has to go crazy because they are fighting a war they can not win otherwise.

The younger generations are more and more liberal, the GOP has 2 paths to choose, adjust with the time or go crazy and destroy democracy because otherwise they would not win.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/319068/party-identification-in-the-united-states-by-generation/

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/us/gen-z-adults-lgbtq-identity-reaj/index.html

When we say "Republican ideals", I am going to take a guess that these are "old republican" ideals of the 70s, 80s and 90s pre Newt Gingrich, because the current "Republican" ideals are just effin' crazy.

Maybe a better word would be "conservative" ideals to describe what the GOP used to stand for, at least financially. Unfortunately, their trickle-down bullshit from the 80s pretty much caused the huge wealth disparity that we experience in this country - which means that even those more "you have to earn what you get" ideals are not reasonable when so few control so much of what can be earned.

The GOP, at this point, is a hollow vessel boarded by crazies and people that are afraid by the propaganda they shovel.

I have had arguments / discussions in the past with Phat about the 2 party system and how I do not, in general, believe it is the cause of our issues in this country, but when one of the parties has clearly gone mental... maybe it is time to work on a replacement for the crumbling from within Republican party.

stampedehero and riverman like this.
  15. SlyPokerDog

16. Voodoo

Voodoo An American hero

Project Manager
    What the fuck, man do we have a mental health crisis in this country. The newest diagnosis is called MAGAnatitis.

THE HCP, SlyPokerDog and riverman like this.
  17. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

The typical Trump supporter in a nut shell (pun intended). And am I the only one who thinks this particular Karen might actually be Roseanne Barr..........?

Voodoo and SlyPokerDog like this.
  18. SharpeScooterShooter

Freeloader
    Well for starters, I'm now an independent. So I don't call my self a republican per say, but I share many of the older republican ideals.

But first, I think we need to define republican and democrats as it is today. Ill be the first to admit that both have evolved over time and when I say republicans ideals, I mean foundational ideals, not modern day. This article give some good insight to a republic vs democracy and some of the evolution.

https://www.aei.org/articles/democr...mnjVgZxcwG-ITo0dFcWF1VbrQK9xDwZxoCf5gQAvD_BwE

but the jist of the modern day differences are the following:

upload_2024-1-26_8-43-35.png

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-r...differ-over-other-sources-of-meaning-in-life/

If you notice, they are really that much different.

Both feel strongly about family values, friends, community relationships etc.

Where the breakdown comes is largely on the debate of scientific things.

For example: Does life begin at conception or birth? Or somewhere in between? Science says one thing, some others say another.

For me, I would say I share the following beliefs.

Limited government overreach, especially in the private sector, families, homes, etc. We should not be regulating who can have sex with who, when a female wants to give birth or have an abortion or not, regardless of when I believe life begins. However I disagree with limited government in the business world. I do believe in free trade and the market, but I think there should be significant oversight of corporations to avoid corruption.

I believe in upholding the constitution until legal ramifications have been made.
    I believe in following the structure of our government based on the voting and electoral process.

What I do not believe is bypassing the system to make things happen. Such as stopping traffic to get a point across.

I believe in protesting, but on political land, not private or public land of which is meant for other things than congregating. So a protest in a park to me is fine. In a traffic intersection is not.

I believe in equal rights for all, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. every person should have an equal voice when voting.

But where I get hung up is government aid to individuals. I believe we should all have equal opportunity, but I do not believe we should continue to help those that continually squander their opportunities. I believe in limits and cut offs based on continual poor decision making.
    I can only give a dollar to a homeless person so many times and watch them spend it on negative things like drugs before I will cut that hand out off.

I believe that because we have been such a successful country over the centuries, it has spawned an entitled, lazy mentality, where people no longer think they need to work hard to achieve goals, get ahead and be successful.

when it comes to the 2020 republican platform, I'm not in favor of the descaling:
    https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/resolution-regarding-the-republican-party-platform

I'm not in favor of having to be registered with a party to have a say in the preliminaries. I understand the foundational concept, but it needs an overhaul to meet the current times and media exposure parties now get.
    I believe in campaign finance reform.

I know that's kind of all over the place @barfo but there are sooo many topics to potentially discuss, it might be easier if you chose a topic for me to expand upon. I'm sure I have missed some things in here regarding the hot topics of the day.

Regarding the platform, I agree with all of these:

RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the President's America-first agenda;
    RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention;
    RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention calls on the media to engage in accurate and unbiased reporting, especially as it relates to the strong support of the RNC for President Trump and his Administration; and
    RESOLVED, That any motion to amend the 2016 Platform or to adopt a new platform, including any motion to suspend the procedures that will allow doing so, will be ruled out of order.

Especially the third one.

There are so many lies and misleads in todays political world, that I think the following is truly needed for anyone to actually know whole they are supporting and why.

campaign finance reform
    media regulation reform

we need to get the money out of politics to reduce the corruption of politicians bending at the will of corporate power.
    we need to figure out a way to accurately debunk and rescind media outlets that are deliberately spinning news or outright lying to further political agendas. I think that reporters should be held to a higher standard of ethics, though I don't know how to regulate that without infringing on the amendment. however it doesn't change my opinion its desperately needed.

But here is the key. I do not believe in sweeping generalities on anything, including labeling sects of people. I think this feeds into the misleading/spinning of individuals to either be part of or not be part of a group that they don't agree with 100%.
    I think that it is just as bad to say democrats are bleeding heart liberals at the core, as it is to say republicans are nazis. This type of judgmental labeling is only increasing the divide we currently have and when people feed into that, they are part of the problem, whether they realized it or not.
    People want the cast majority to denounce things, but when that vast majority is already cornered into some label, there becomes nothing to denounce.
    When individuals cant have real conversations about controversial topics without resorting to demeaning labels that don't fit the individual, it does nothing to further the progress of constructive discussion.

Here are some ideas, good or bad I have to help.

Voting should no longer have an age requirement on it. Meaning children can also vote. But. All potential voters must pass a knowledge test prior to voting. Not an IQ test, a knowledge test. A test of our constitution, on how our government ( all three sects) operate.
    I think there are too many uninformed, ignorant people voting based on headlines and not actual knowledge of what they are voting on.

Politicians are not helping to educate their core, but rather misleading them with false pretenses. This goes for both parties. The polarizing emotions exhibited by sooo many people are there are a testament to this. Just look at that crazy lady in her riding cart in the store. textbook emotional outburst. Not educated reason. or so it seems. And I say that to not try to defend her, but this goes right back to the misleading media outlets and individuals editing things to fit agendas. Does anyone know why this lady started her outburst? It isnt on the video. It picks up in the middle of her outburst, providing only one side to the story, but everyone, including myself, sees her as wacko. How do we know she wasnt violated, tried to report it was denied and felt helpless and thru a fit for it?

I can attest, I know exactly how it feels to be wrongly accused of something and have people judge without knowing all the facts. Its a completely helpless feeling. Leaves one lost, feeling alone in the world and often leads to striking out in one way or another.
    More and more the average American is solidifying thier stance based on videos like this rather than dismissing it as nothing more than momentary entertainment without it having an impact on thier foundational ideals.

So if you would like to dive deeper into specific topics and who I think/feel believe, i'm all for it and I know I wont be as a scattered as this post seems to read.

The last thing I will say though is with all statements of believe, the person should be able to state the why. WHY do they believe this or that.

Since this is such a hot topic( I know I will get heat form this form those who react emotionally without mature reason) For example, I believe there is man and woman. X,Y chromosomes and X,X chromosomes. If you were born with a penis and have an X,Y chromosome, you are a man. Now I have no issues with men claiming they are a woman or vice versa, but I do not believe those individuals should force the rest of the world to join in their believe when the scientific evidence doesn't support it. I believe it is a right for any individual to claim they are whatever they want. It is not a right for others to have to agree or be forced to agree. You can say you are a cat all you want, but I'm not going to call you a cat just because you identify yourself in a cat. But IO would always vote for the right to be able to identify yourself as whatever.
    I dare anyone to watch this video and discuss it without using emotions, but reason:

I believe and will always support the rights of anyone to tell others who they are. I do not believe its right for those individuals to try to force others to acknowledge/believe it.

CJ_is_Gone likes this.
  19. Kano John

Kano John Start 'em young!

Retired
    Maybe not physically sick!

20. SlyPokerDog

Intersex

People who are intersex have genitals, chromosomes or reproductive organs that don’t fit into a male/female sex binary. Their genitals might not match their reproductive organs, or they may have traits of both. Being intersex may be evident at birth, childhood, later in adulthood or never. Being intersex isn’t a disorder, disease or condition.

What does it mean to be intersex?
    People who are intersex have reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn’t fit into an exclusively male or female (binary) sex classification. Intersex traits might be apparent when a person’s born, but they might not appear until later (during puberty or even adulthood). You may never notice their intersex traits externally and you might only find out about them after a surgery or imaging test.

In the past, being intersex was known as having a disorder of sex development (DSD), and you might see it referred to this way in some places. But being intersex isn’t a disorder, disease or condition. Being intersex doesn’t mean you need any special treatments or care. But some people who are intersex choose gender affirmation options if their gender doesn’t match the one they were assigned at birth.

Being intersex may affect your:

How common is being intersex?
    An estimated 1 in 100 Americans is intersex. Around 2% of people worldwide have intersex traits.

What causes being intersex?
    Experts don’t know what causes being intersex. Some intersex traits can be genetically inherited (passed from one generation to the next in a family). Being intersex might occur due to:

• Changes to an androgen hormone receptor gene.
    • Natural or synthetic hormone exposure occurring during embryo development.
    • Missing or out-of-place sex-determining region Y gene (SRY).
    • Other genetic conditions causing abnormal levels of hormones related to genital development.
    What does being intersex mean in my body?
    Being intersex can present in about 40 different ways. The most common intersex traits include:

• Combination of chromosomes: Everyone inherits sex-linked chromosomes from their parents. People who are male have XY chromosomes. People who are females have XX chromosomes. People who are intersex may have a mix of chromosomes, such as XXY. Or they may have some cells that are XY and some cells that are XX. Or they may have just one X chromosome (XO). Other combinations can occur too.
    • Mixed genitals and sex organs: A person who is intersex may have ovarian and testicular tissue (ovotestes). For example, you may have genitals that are associated with being assigned male at birth (AMAB), like a penis. At the same time, you may have internal reproductive anatomy or hormone levels more closely associated with being assigned female at birth (AFAB), like estrogen.
    https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/16324-intersex

theprunetang likes this.