The Warriors bringing the noise?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I think they kind of got up under his skin last night, and I could tell he didn't like that," said Josh Howard. "It was kind of like that Houston series two years ago. They came in here talking all that noise, and we just stayed cool and kept our focus and finished out that series.

"Whatever we can do to make the game easier for him, we're going to do it."

</div>
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...de.29cb211.html

I'm not too sure what Howard meant by this comment. I think the Warriors carried themselves very professionally in their first win. Not a lot of celebrating, like they knew they were going to win. Nelson knows Dirk's weakness of constantly wanting to put the ball on the floor and he knows that smaller defensive players give Dirk problems.

Bring the noise? The Mavs will definately hear the noise if they drop game 2 tomorrow night.

2. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Rudeezy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...de.29cb211.html

I'm not too sure what Howard meant by this comment. I think the Warriors carried themselves very professionally in their first win. Not a lot of celebrating, like they knew they were going to win. Nelson knows Dirk's weakness of constantly wanting to put the ball on the floor and he knows that smaller defensive players give Dirk problems.

Bring the noise? The Mavs will definately hear the noise if they drop game 2 tomorrow night.</div>

Well I think he could be talking about Dirk. I watched some of Dirk's post-game comments and he was talking about how the Warriors' bench was cheering after shots early in the game acting like they've accomplished a lot. It seemed like that kind of ticked him off or got under his skin just a little bit (which penetrates more and more when you are not playing the game you need to like Dirk was or wasn't). The Warriors are hot, energetic, and relentless, and they're going to let you know it when they are happy and excited to play basketball. I suppose all of that cheering and jumping up and down over on the bench is the "noise" Josh is referring to.

Hey, but that's how you should play, especially if you haven't been there (in the playoffs) in a very long time. Maybe if it's Barry Bonds acting like that after a home run it may seem like show-boating. But it's refreshing to see how this team plays, acts, and gets happy for each player for any good thing they do. It's all about momentum for the Warriors. Pressure's on Dallas right now. The ball is in their court, I suppose is the saying, what are they going to do now? I am excited for tomorrow's game.

3. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Dirk has been in so many playoff games he should be immune to what the other team's bench does during a game. This is really surprising, I mean they almost won the Finals last year, they care what Foyle and POB are saying?

4. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

<div class="quote_poster">philsmith75 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I mean they almost won the Finals last year, they care what Foyle and POB are saying?</div>

LMAO...very true.

5. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">philsmith75 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Dirk has been in so many playoff games he should be immune to what the other team's bench does during a game. This is really surprising, I mean they almost won the Finals last year, they care what Foyle and POB are saying?</div>

It may not be so much what they are saying but how they celebrate and jump up and down and all that jazz after made shots early in the game. But I am not sure, that was just my interpertation. Maybe Howard is talking about more on-court talking. I don't know, maybe Baron's a bit of a talker.

6. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">It may not be so much what they are saying but how they celebrate and jump up and down and all that jazz after made shots early in the game. But I am not sure, that was just my interpertation. Maybe Howard is talking about more on-court talking. I don't know, maybe Baron's a bit of a talker.</div>The Warriors didn't celebrate as much as I thought they would be. This is a team that hasn't been there in 12 years! You are the #1 seed playing against the #8 who hasn't been to the playoffs in over a decade and you are going to let that bother you? This isn't a team ready to win a championship if you ask me. The Warriors are in their heads.