The west gets even tougher

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Draco, May 19, 2015.

1. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

The Lakers would be smart to take one of the stud PG's. And I know the media will be pushing for it as well. They are looking for a players that transcends, The bigs are solid, but not special. I hope they go big, but I doubt they will.

2. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Heard the Twolves would be the first team to ever have 3 back to back to back 1st picks play for them if they keep it.

3. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Yeah add Towns and they have possibly the best young talent in the NBA. Philly starting to look very good as well. Utah and Orlando have good young potential starting lineups. In 3-4 years these teams are going to make huge improvements. Similar to Oklahoma City and Golden State making the jump from interesting youth>playoffs>50wins> maybe contenders. They have the patience for quality rebuilds.

The Pelicans screwed this up having such a rush to be a playoff team they don't have the upside to take that next step. I don't believe the Knicks will have the patience; they'll make short sided trades to become a marginal playoff team. The Lakers are adding a couple interesting pieces. What route will they take? Sucks for them they owe two first round picks to Philly and Orlando. Those picks could potentially be #4 and #1 overall. Randle and Okafor seem like a terrible fit and even if they somehow get Love he'd just be a third similar big man with no defense.