The Wolves are in the worst possible situation

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by CelticBalla32, Feb 19, 2007.

1. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Feb 19 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oh wow, I didn't know that they didn't have a 1st rounder this year. See, that makes it even worse. They have nothing to look forward to. They will have basically the same roster next year unless they blow it up. They need to do it.</div>I didn't know that either until I looked it up. It is lottery-protected, so if they don't make the playoffs they will at least get to keep it, although they won't get a really great player with their selection. They are really in a tough position.They would probably be best off trading Garnett prior to the draft and try to get some higher picks in this years draft if at all possible. Otherwise, I don't know what they'll do. Sucks for them.What screwed them up the most was that under the table (illegal) deal they made with Joe Smith that ended up costing them around five to seven straight first round picks... stupid Glen Taylor and McHale.

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Feb 20 2007, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't know that either until I looked it up. It is lottery-protected, so if they don't make the playoffs they will at least get to keep it, although they won't get a really great player with their selection. They are really in a tough position.

They would probably be best off trading Garnett prior to the draft and try to get some higher picks in this years draft if at all possible. Otherwise, I don't know what they'll do. Sucks for them.

What screwed them up the most was that under the table (illegal) deal they made with Joe Smith that ended up costing them around five to seven straight first round picks... stupid Glen Taylor and McHale.</div>
    Oh yeah, definitely. That whole Joe Smith fiasco killed them. But either way, that's no excuse for McHale laying back and doing nothing to help KG year after year. The best player he's brought in for him was Sam Cassell, and he's a good player, but that's it. Other than that, they had an overpaid Wally Szczerbiak (who has been on and off with injuries his whole career), an old Latrell Sprewell who wanted a check so he could feed his children, and um... Troy Hudson? [​IMG] Give me a break. He has been horrible, and I'm so surprised he has kept his job this long.

3. CRaZy_KiCkz

CRaZy_KiCkz BBW Elite Member

I think you just want to bring a team down, just like the celtics

4. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CRaZy_KiCkz @ Feb 20 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think you just want to bring a team down, just like the celtics</div>
    LMAO what? Just because you may not like the true facts in this thread, doesn't mean you should get all defensive. I came in here, stated all the true facts and even sympathized for you, and then you try to take a shot at the Celtics? Yeah, that's real classy.

What do you think I'm doing? You think I came in here to say "Hahaha, the Wolves aren't going anywhere! Hahaha you guys SUCK!!!"..... no. I came in here to tell you what's going on, how bad of a situation it is, and that they need to do something about it ASAP. You getting defensive and trying to take a shot at the Celtics was pointless and classless. It makes me believe you haven't even read the material in this thread.

5. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I felt the same way though when the 76ers still had AI and Webber... you have to be optimistic and have faith, but it just got to the point where the Sixers were stuck. They weren't good enough to contend for a title, weren't bad enough to get high lottery picks, and didn't have the cap space or trade bait necessary to bring in help. It was just frustrating not having a direction... and now with both AI and Webber gone, at least we have a direction, even if we suck.

6. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Feb 20 2007, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I felt the same way though when the 76ers still had AI and Webber... you have to be optimistic and have faith, but it just got to the point where the Sixers were stuck. They weren't good enough to contend for a title, weren't bad enough to get high lottery picks, and didn't have the cap space or trade bait necessary to bring in help. It was just frustrating not having a direction... and now with both AI and Webber gone, at least we have a direction, even if we suck.</div>
    You have to have faith and support the team no matter what, I agree 100% and that's what I do with my Celtics, but crazy kickz wasn't even acknowledging that there was a big problem... there is. He may not like to hear it, and I understand that, but it's the truth whether he likes it or not.

And about choosing a direction, I'm right there with you bro. Four years later and Ainge still hasn't chosen a direction.

7. Dmoney

Dmoney BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Feb 19 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Im sorry, that made no sense.Back on topic: The Wolves are in a weird situation. But I think I have the obvious solution CB32 suggested is to trade KG for draft picks and kind of blow up. I think any team will trade a 5-10 pick for KG, he is a real good player to have in your rotation. If they get lucky, theyll get a solid scorer and maybe two first rounders, I know most GMs would pull the trigger on that deal, even if it involves 3 teams. Then they work from there, the team obviously will have a problem, as they dont have a building block to build off of, but it if they get lucky in the draft, they;ll have a decent one. Expect them not to make much noise for at least 2-3 1/2 years, but they'll come around, just not through KG.</div>It's a inside joke because BCB thinks reppinthed is sexy, but anyway the Twolves should trade KG this summer and try to get a few first rounders and a few studs for him, I think it's time to blow it up.

8. joemagoo362

joemagoo362 BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CRaZy_KiCkz @ Feb 20 2007, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think you just want to bring a team down, just like the celtics</div>He just wanted to discuss the Wolves current situation, with the few Wolves fans at the site, he wasn't flaming.And CB32, you're right on the money when you said the Joe Smith fiasco killed the franchise. I still have no idea why McHale would risk that much just to sign a mediocre at best big.

9. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I agree, not only are the Wolves in a bad situation with draft and pieces to the puzzle, things of that sort, they are in a bad situation with the type of players they have. Mike James thinks he's the next Jason Kidd, Ricky Davis I thought had matured but after watching him run his mouth yesterday in Boston I can tell this guy hasn't matured one bit, Mark Blount is a f*cking CLOWN...for some reason he thinks the media in Boston ran him out of town and that guy is just an idiot. He's a 7 footer with great size and mobility and all he can do is hit foul line extended jump shots, he's also one of a few bad contracts Minny has on the payroll.

10. Dagameplayer

Dagameplayer BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Wolves could make a run for the NBA Finals? HAHAHA.gif Please... PLEASE tell me that you are joking. You think they could beat San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, a healthy Houston, or Utah in a 7 game series? You've got to be kidding me. I don't think they could take the Lakers or Nuggets either. Also note that if they do indeed even get the #8, which is no guarantee, they'd be playing either Dallas or Phoenix in the FIRST ROUND. I'm sorry playa, but I can't believe you said that bro.And I know in your next paragraph you said that you don't think that they could get hot, which contradicts what you said above anyhow, but the fact that it was even said just makes me shake my head.</div>The T-Wolves are not the 1999 NY Knicks but that year the Knicks proved that a 8th seeded team can indeed get to the NBA Finals if they go out there and play there all. With Garnett running the show I think he could pull it off. It wont be easy but its not impossible

11. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The T-Wolves are not the 1999 NY Knicks but that year the Knicks proved that a 8th seeded team can indeed get to the NBA Finals if they go out there and play there all. With Garnett running the show I think he could pull it off. It wont be easy but its not impossible</div>But they're not even the eighth, ninth, or tenth best team in the west right now. Firing Dwayne Casey was an undefendable move that got them out of the playoffs.They're in the conundrum the Warriors have been in for a while. The 9th pick at best every year, keeping them in contention to get another 9th pick. They need to hope to get a Monta Ellis level player in the draft or KG is gonzo

12. joemagoo362

joemagoo362 BBW Graphics Team

I believe the Wolves officially locked up their first round pick.

13. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joemagoo362 @ Apr 19 2007, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I believe the Wolves officially locked up their first round pick.</div>
    Yup, nothing like a good old tank job to keep their pick.