Politics They Never Cared About Hillary's Emails

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by dviss1, May 28, 2019.

1. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

And they made you conservatives go CRAZY over them...

Where are you now??

BETSY DEVOS IS THE *****EIGHTH***** TRUMP OFFICIAL TO USE PERSONAL EMAIL FOR OFFICIAL WHITE HOUSE BUSINESS

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is the latest member of the Trump administration to get caught for using her personal email to conduct official business in what appears as yet another contradiction to Donald Trump’s incessant attacks on Hillary Clinton’s use of a private server when she was secretary of state.

The agency’s inspector general reported on May 16 that it found a “limited number of emails” from DeVos’ private accounts from January 2017 to April 2018. In total, less than 100 emails were sent or received to her personal accounts.

Education Department spokeswoman Liz Hill responded to the report on Twitter, minimizing it as “hardly news.”

“I get ‘DeVos + Personal Email’ gets clicks but receiving fewer than 100 emails and then forwarding them to senior staff to ensure they are captured on our government email server is hardly news,” she wrote.

But the report now brings the total number of Trump officials who have used personal communication tools during their time in the administration to eight: DeVos, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump, Stephen Miller, Gary Cohn, Steve Bannon, K.T. McFarland and Reince Priebus.

In March, the House Oversight Committee reported that it had evidence Trump’s daughter and son-in-law used personal email accounts and messaging applications like WhatsApp to conduct official White House business.

Clinton and Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez highlighted the irony of the situation shortly after it was revealed Kushner and Ivanka Trump had used private messaging services.

“But his Whatsapp,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted, to which Clinton responded: “Tell me about it.”

The House Oversight Committee also discovered that McFarland, the former deputy national security adviser, and Bannon had used personal email accounts to conduct official business. According to a report by The Wall Street Journal, their private communications included a plan to send nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.

In 2017, TheNew York Times reported that Priebus (the former chief of staff) and Cohn (a former economic adviser) occasionally used private email addresses. Senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, who is still a part of the administration, has also been reported sending or receiving emails on personal accounts.

Lanny and Chris Craig like this.
  2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

The thing is... You'll hammer the shit outta Clinton for things that Trump is doing now but you'll give him a pass...

Show me a conservative that voted for Trump and I'll show you a damn hypocrite...

Lanny and Chris Craig like this.
  3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Fake News.

Nothing at all here about President Trump using private email, or even if he uses email at all.

4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Man, what a public education could have taught her...

Chris Craig likes this.
  5. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    They should be looking for Jared's e-mails.

Chris Craig likes this.
  6. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

The MF conducts white house business on whatsapp...

What the actual fuck???

I know there are some older folk in here who don't know what that is....

SlyPokerDog and Chris Craig like this.
  7. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Most governments of developed countries, and nearly all large businesses, charities, state and local governments use WhatsApp which is a freeware cellphone app that provides ease in sharing of all kinds of media. It provides end-to-end encryption.

The issue here is that they sometimes used their personal cells rather than their government phones.

8. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Strange that the article doesn't mention anything about Devos deleting 130,000 emails in contempt of a Federal Court order to preserve incriminating evidence, bleach-bit'ing all of her devices then smashing them with a hammer, then lying to the FBI, DOJ and Congress about it, then lying to all Americans about it...oh yeah, those were actual Federal Crimes that Hillary Clinton committed.

9. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Since you brought it up...not really comparable. :rolleyes2:

Judicial Watch: Former Asst. Sec. of State for Diplomatic Security Testifies Under Oath that He Warned Hillary Clinton Twice About Unsecure BlackBerrys and Personal Emails
    MAY 29, 2019

Judicial Watch https://www.judicialwatch.org/t/images/judicial_watch-logo_schema.jpg https://www.judicialwatch.org

(Washington, DC)– Judicial Watch today released the deposition transcript of Eric Boswell, the former Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security during Hillary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State, in which he reveals that Hillary Clinton was warned twice against using unsecure BlackBerrys and personal emails to transmit classified material. A full transcript of the deposition is available here.

Boswell, who was responsible for securing classified and national security information, stated that Clinton and her staff were “wedded to their BlackBerrys.” Additionally, he stated that he and other former State Department employees “were surprised” that Clinton used clintonemail.com to conduct official government business.

In his deposition, Ambassador Boswell stated:

• Hillary Clinton and other Senior State Department officials were warned in 2009 that “any unclassified Blackberry is highly vulnerable in any setting to remotely and covertly monitoring conversations, retrieving emails and exploiting calendars.”
    • Clinton was warned again in 2011 that “We also urge Department users to minimize the use of personal web email for business, as some compromised home systems have been reconfigured by these actors to automatically forward copies of all composed emails to an undisclosed recipient.”
    • Clinton assured him that she “gets it” when he informed her about dangers of Blackberries.
    • Clinton and her staff were “wedded to their blackberries” and wanted to continue using them in secure areas even after warning because it was a “convenience issue” to them.
    • He and other former State Department employees “were surprised” to learn that Clinton used clintonemail.com to conduct official government business. Boswell claimed that they were not aware of such activity while still employed by the government.
    Boswell was deposed as part of the discovery granted to Judicial Watch by U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth in response to its Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit involving former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s unsecured, non-government email system (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:14-cv-01242)).

Judicial Watch was granted both depositions and written questions under oath of former Clinton aides, State Department officials, and others:

• Justin Cooper, a former aide to Bill Clinton who reportedly had no security clearance and is believed to have played a key role in setting up Hillary Clinton’s non-government email system;
    • John Hackett, a State Department records official “immediately responsible for responding to requests for records under the Freedom of Information Act;”
    • Jacob “Jake” Sullivan, Hillary Clinton’s former senior advisor and deputy chief of staff;
    • Sheryl Walter, former State Department Director of the Office of Information Programs and Services/Global Information Services;
    • Gene Smilansky, a State Department lawyer;
    • Monica Tillery, a State Department official;
    • Jonathon Wasser, who was a management analyst on the Executive Secretariat staff. Wasser worked for Deputy Director Clarence Finney and was the State Department employee who actually conducted the searches for records in response to FOIA requests to the Office of the Secretary
    • Clarence Finney, the deputy director of the Executive Secretariat staff who was the principal advisor and records management expert in the Office of the Secretary responsible for control of all correspondence and records for Hillary Clinton and other State Department officials;
    • Heather Samuelson, the former State Department senior advisor who helped facilitate the State Department’s receipt and release of Hillary Clinton’s emails;
    • Monica Hanley, Hillary Clinton’s former confidential assistant at the State Department;
    • Lauren Jiloty, Clinton’s former special assistant;
    • E.W. Priestap, is serving as assistant director of the FBI’s counterintelligence division and helped oversee both the Clinton email and the 2016 presidential campaign investigations. Priestap testified in a separate lawsuit that Clinton was the subject of a grand jury investigation related to her BlackBerry email accounts;
    • Susan Rice, President Obama’s former UN ambassador who appeared on Sunday television news shows following the Benghazi attacks, blaming a “hateful video.” Rice was also Obama’s national security advisor involved in the “unmasking” the identities of senior Trump officials caught up in the surveillance of foreign targets;
    • Ben Rhodes, an Obama-era White House deputy strategic communications adviser who attempted to orchestrate a campaign to “reinforce” Obama and to portray the Benghazi consulate terrorist attack as being “rooted in an Internet video, and not a failure of policy;”
    • Heather Samuelson, the former State Department senior advisor who helped facilitate the State Department’s receipt and release of Hillary Clinton’s emails;
    • and one other person to be designated by the State Department.
    Judge Royce Lamberth ordered that the Boswell video be sealed.

“Thanks to our court-ordered discovery, we now have confirmation that Hillary Clinton was warned by the top security official in the State Department that unsecure Blackberry and email use was a security risk, yet Hillary Clinton ignored these warnings,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

In June 2017, Judicial Watch submitted evidence to Judge Sullivan showing that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton knowingly used an unsecure BlackBerry device despite being warned by “security hawks” against doing so.

In a related case, in 2016, Judicial Watch took depositions from Cheryl Mills, Huma Abedin, Patrick Kennedy, Stephen Mull, Karin Lang and Bryan Pagliano in connection to Secretary Clinton’s private email system.

10. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Kinda seems like a bit of a jump... A conservative who voted for Trump, could, in fact, have cared about Clinton's emails, and also could care/ upset about what Trump has done and is doing too. I actually know of a few...

Hoopguru likes this.
  11. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You may. But the ones in power?

Silent like church mice. This is the bigger point.

Are the ones you know actively complaining about how terrible and hypocritical it is?

Are they asking for him to face consequences for it?

That answer is probably no...

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  12. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You are demonstrably wrong here.. But you are 90% of the time so nothing's new. And don't talk to me like I don't know what what'sapp is. It's on my damn phone...

Stevenson likes this.
  13. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Oh, I certainly agree that the top of the Right is full of hypocrites.

And yeah I've heard plenty of conservatives / Trump voters say he should face consequences for what he's done, and say they won't vote for him again.
    Most of the adults I know don't really sit around and complain though, so while I've heard comments most have just said if the Democrats or independents put up someone who isn't too extremely against their views they would vote differently.

I get what you're saying, I understand. Just don't like the Blanket comment of, "Show me a conservative that voted for Trump and I'll show you a hypocrite." I feel the same about it as when I conservatives say, oh "Bernie people are all communists" and that sort of stuff...

Hoopguru likes this.
  14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

As of May 1st-12th Trump has a 90% approval rating with Republicans. 90 fucking percent....

So, I'm supposed to not say what I said for 10% of Republicans?

I'll stand by my blanket statement.

calvin natt likes this.
  15. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I'll stand by that I don't like it. Those polls haven't seemed to mean much recently.

You're supposed to not generalize, and blanket insult and stereotype, and feed into us vs them because that's proven to be quite a problem for America, not because there isn't some truth in it, yes a lot of Republicans are Hypocrites, doesn't mean they all are.

dviss1 and e_blazer like this.
  16. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    dviss1 likes this.
  17. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    I know I'm going to regret posting here because the OT board is so crazy, but I'm like a moth to the flame and sometimes I just can't help myself.

I'm pretty conservative (not exactly a news flash around here), but I couldn't stand Trump from the moment he announced he was running. I threw my vote away on Gary Johnson just as a protest against the crap both parties were offering up. I'll probably vote Independent again, or maybe Democrat if they don't go with one of the left wing zealots, but I'll never under any circumstances vote for Trump.

Regarding the email issue, though, the use of private email, while certainly a no-no, wasn't the main issue with Hillary's emailgate problem. Lots of government officials have used and continue to use private accounts for some of their correspondence. It's against policy and it should be monitored and shut down, but that's not the big issue for Hillary. It was that she ran her own server, completely removed from the government's security and Freedom of Information documentation requirements. Classified documents were found on the server yet the level of security was reported not to be as good as even what a basic gmail account would provide. Beyond that, she had the server under her control on her own private property so that she, and she alone, could control what information might become public with a records request. That's the part that should give even her backers pause. Hillary operated as if the rules applicable to our government officials didn't apply to her.

dviss1 likes this.
  18. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Those polls explain that they don't care about the fact that the president's staff is using personal email servers.

This is the thread.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say you have Republican friends who say they won't vote for trump again.

I'm SPECIFICALLY talking about their usage of personal email servers and Whatsapp.

So if 90% of them still support him after all of his bullshit, what percentage of them really don't care about the personal servers?

I'd wager to say the number is higher than 90%.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  19. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    The only poll that will really matter is the election next year, thats when we’ll find out how many actually support him.

20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Ivanka and everyone else used PERSONAL email accounts. What servers are those on?? Not government ones.

I'd honestly rather have a government official use a personal server than fucking Yahoo's (or whoever's) server....