Politics Things are Breaking Great for Warren

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by e_blazer, Oct 4, 2019.

1. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    I didn't realize that at 58 years old I was eligible for medicare. Do you have a link saying so? It's best to ask questions rather than make more foolish assumptions. As for your contribution to my eye surgery, I doubt your income for that year would have paid for th surgery I had let alone the little bit you had deducted from your tax return. You seem to say a lot, but provide nothing to back up your claims.

2. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    Hello kettle? This is pot. Did you know you are black?

3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Well good news is my emergency room bill was paid in full because of Obamacare and my insurance...I was not retired yet nor signed up to the VA...I applied for insurance in the marketplace and it was very affordable under Obama.(I lost my OSEA benefits after retiring from the school system) ..they cancelled my copay..now I use the VA..it was never hard to use the system and cost less than people probably spend on cable tv or season tickets to the Ducks...choices. I didn't agree with mandatory insurance in that deal...it was a work in progress but at least he did something for people without ways and means...there was free healthcare for the lowest income levels. Homeless people for instance could fill out the form and not have a bill ...if people should be pissed about insurance cost....take it up with the fucking insurance companies...and the pharmaceutical companies...they are raping the population. Every doctor visit is a minimum 499 bucks on a cash basis with a private clinic...even if it's only 5 minutes or the whole hour...that's a hell of a paycheck.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  4. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Sorry about that JB.
    That is what happens when people suck in the pandering of power seekers that are willing to ignore the Constitution and do unConstitutional things like force people to buy insurance where the price has be grossly inflated to cover the costs of a social welfare program. Where the premiums are not set in fair business market, of mutual benefit to the seller and the buyer. The premiums were by design set to cover the costs of far more, those designated to be covered by the social welfare program. Thus the premiums you suffered were, in reality a Direct Tax far more than an insurance premium. Intentionally designed, as direct tax, prohibited specifically in the Constitution, and finally ruled as such by the SCotUS.

Many more people were screwed by this disastrous program than were ever helped. A very low point in American history. I must be remembered by all those that can grasp the awful concept.

jonnyboy likes this.
  5. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Employers didn't, and still don't, tell a woman she is fired for being pregnant. Just like voter suppression laws don't specifically say they are intended to keep black people from voting.

And in 1971 pregnancy discrimination was still legal. But women just heard they didn't fit in with the plans.

If you don't believe it, ask a woman.

riverman likes this.
  6. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Well, she was probably at home weeping. Or maybe she wept later, it was a delayed reaction. In any case, I'm sure the troll accurately reflected the true nature of the situation.

barfo

7. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

This is all true. The problem with Obamacare was it never addressed those problems. It instead incorporated all those bad things into a healthcare system that was mandatory.

e_blazer likes this.
  8. jonnyboy

Are you asking for a news link to a story about my friend and I’s hardships under Obamacare? Lol. Lemme see what I can find.

9. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    It was great for people who didn't have insurance and, especially, for those on the low income end of the spectrum. It was a killer for middle income earners who could barely afford the crappy insurance we had before Obamacare. I know I really enjoyed having my premiums increase by double, to about the same as my mortgage payment and property taxes combined, for insurance that was just as crappy as what I had before. And, no I couldn't keep the insurance that I had before Obamacare. It was forced out of existence by the provisions of the laughably labeled Affordable Care Act.

jonnyboy likes this.
  10. CupWizier

retired
    actually that part was in reference to the majority of your posts that have nothing to back what you say.

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

that healthcare system was intact..reaping huge profits from employers accts...what happened is employers dumped the benefits for many middle class folks and left them high and dry...capitalism rears it's ugly head in this circumstance..all about the money..Obama said fixing this was going to take 20 years....he just tried to get it rolling.Heathcare was affordable if you didn't go with the high end plan...we didn't. If you needed the Golden package healthcare it was way too expensive...that's for sure

12. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    My wife was employed through 3 of her pregnancies, never said a word about it, in fact her employer was really accommodating during the 2nd and 3rd ones when she had complications, bent their own rules to keep her on board. Anecdotal, but Im glad things have changed.

13. jonnyboy

As opposed to smug insults and lame emojis?

14. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I suggest you look at the following data:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/184968/us-health-expenditure-as-percent-of-gdp-since-1960/

It shows healthcare costs as percentage of the GDP by year. What it shows us is that since 2010 (when the ACA was introduced) - the US cost of healthcare has increased only by 1%, compare this to 4% in the decade before.

The ACA is far from perfect - but it has done a great job of tempering the rising cost of healthcare in this country. If anything, it shows that the 'free unregulated market is best' theory for healthcare in this country is dead wrong. The way to fix healthcare seems to be more regulation vs. letting big pharma do whatever it wants.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. CupWizier

retired
    you definitely have the smug insults down very well. :mob:

16. CupWizier

retired
    Especially when you consider the alternative that trump tried to shove down our throats to replace the ACA. No preexisting conditions, millions being booted of any kind of healthcare and costs that would have made the ACA look like a bargain..

17. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Why don't you let us support Trump...just because we support Trump? You continue on with the so-called smug insults in your own right. I'd suggest you make your statement at the voting box. if Trump happens to get impeached, then so be it. We'll all move on.

18. CupWizier

retired
    lol, seems like that's a 2 way street. You don't like my comments, ignore them and move on then. The post you responded to wasn't even addressed to you so really wasn't any reason to respond and you do plenty of snarky and smug responses and for the record, johnnyboy has had plenty of moments where he has been snarky and smug at me. Neither of you are angels.

19. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    upload_2019-10-8_16-19-22.png

CupWizier likes this.
  20. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    Then let's all jump in the snarky & smug hot tub and party on, Garth!