This game is a good example of what's wrong with the NBA

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Pinwheel1, Apr 25, 2015.

1. DUB

DUB Da, da da, da dah!

The NBA has been like this for as long as I have been watching it. Nothing I do will change it. So I don't let it upset me anymore.

It's just the way the NBA is, and I've learnt to accept it. I'm not going to stress over something I can't change.

I watch the Trail Blazers because they're my team (see my sig), and I enjoy watching them play; but because of the way the NBA is, losing disappoints me, however it doesn't upset me.

Unless you're going to run for commissioner, or start a massive grassroots campaign for change; I don't see what getting this worked up about it achieves.

Obviously you can deal with the unfairness of the NBA however you like, but for me this way saves a lot of aggravation.

2. Paine Tablet

Paine Tablet Well-Known Member

Game 7 2000, Oden vs. Ming, Game 3 Mem- Por. Proof positive that the league is corrupt, as is most every profit venture.

3. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

The refs are not perfect, they miss a lot of calls, and it does not always even out. Every game the refs affect the game by a certain margin, and last night, I think it was enough to make up the difference in the score. Not that Portland deserves to win this series...but the refs do suck.

4. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

It's fine if you don't care about the quality of the officiating. Just don't say it doesn't matter, or affect the outcome of a game. Their calls can add or take away points from a team. If they just miss 1 more call per quarter for a certain team, that could end up being an 8 point swing, which is huge

5. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

You have obviously never refereed a basketball game.

6. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Every time the Blazers loose it's because of the refs.

7. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    This was just the NBA's evil plan to force Aldridge out of Portland. They assured Aldridge wouldn't want to stay in Portland because we are singled out!

/TinFoilHatConspiracy

GriLtCheeZ likes this.
  8. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    I kid you not, I have a coworker who has told me exactly this and he fully believes it.

magnifier661 likes this.
  9. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

You are correct. And I acknowledge refereeing is hard. You can't see everything. Calls will be missed. This is not my point however.

Why make it more difficult on them by allowing different interpretations of the rules. Why was Afflalo's third foul (away from the ball) a foul last night, but "physical playoff basketball" three nights before?

I never understood why a strike zone in baseball varied by umpires or why some refs in football let more contact by the DB's than others. IMHO individual referee crews have no business changing up how a game is going to be called. There should be one set of rules.....period.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  10. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

The Blazers should have ended the season 82-0 and I blame the refs.

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I've always said if Scott Foster is the ref it's worth a dozen points to the team playing the Blazers. We never get superstar calls and never have..that's just part of what you have to game plan for in the NBA. Maybe with the new cap we'll be able to buy a few of these guys. They don't make you miss shots, freethrows, turn the ball over or forget to box out for rebounds though

12. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I can't tell if you are just really intent on hijacking the thread, or just really dense and can't comprehend what the thread is about.
    But once again it has nothing to do about why we lost. It is simply about my frustration with what I hate about the NBA.

13. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

He's grandstanding. He's trying to make a point, but failing. He's trying to say that Blazers fans are a bunch of whiners who try to blame every loss on the refs. I guess he missed the thousands of posts and all the other threads blaming Stotts, Lillard, Aldridge, Batum, Blake, etc. for losing. He decided to jump on your thread about inconsistent officiating as "proof" of his point.

BNM

14. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    "Loose," lol...

15. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    I call it "Hyperconclusionarianism." If you complain about a poorly officiated game, you must therefore believe that your team has never committed a foul, never traveled, never caused a turnover. It's the same flawed logic that says if you don't support gay marriage, you must therefore believe that all homosexuals deserve to be harassed and beaten just for being.

16. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

The whole season has definitely an example of what's wrong with the NBA: not just that the reffing was sub-par, but that players can just come into their jobs so ill-prepared and take not only plays off, not only games off, but portions of the season off. (Yes I'm looking at you Batum).

If these guys were in the real work world, they'd be out on they're ass in the street.

The NBA Desperately needs non-garaunteed contracts!

17. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

What if we were tight?

18. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

They do.....