This team simply wasn't built for a long playoff run

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Natebishop3, May 8, 2014.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Deep, in my opinion, is the conference finals. To get to the conference finals is an accomplishment for almost any team. There are only a small number that would consider the conference finals a disappointment. The problem is, to get to the conference finals, you have to beat two good teams. In the west, you have to beat two really good teams. The problems we're seeing right now is that our bench can't keep up with the Spurs. This would get even worse in the next round against the Clips or the Thunder. If we shore up our bench this summer, I think we could really make that jump to legit contender.

2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I don't think I've ever seen the western conference as deep as it is this season and I'm old as dirt. There's a fraction seperating the top teams in the west. To win a series at all is an accomplishment. We can beat the Spurs, Clippers and Thunder if we play to our strengths. The media might not think so but that's the same media that didn't think we'd win 40 games this season.

3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

The problem is, as I see it, the Spurs can rest their starters because they have a solid bench. We can't. At least not consistently, because some games the bench shows up and some games they give us a donut. That's really hurting us in the playoffs.