Thoughts on the game

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Natebishop3, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Vernon is legit. For having only been with the team such a short period of time, he looked great. I can only imagine how good we'll look when he's had some time to develop some chemistry with the receivers. Plus we didn't have Devon Allen or Charles Nelson.

Royce is a beast. Dude could average 200 yards if he was getting 20 carries a game. He's just so imposing. Tons of fun to watch.

Yes, the defense needs work. We already knew it. Seisay looks legit though. He could be another Olomu.

2. Natebishop3

I also want to say that Benoit was a pleasant surprise. Last season he seemed like he was just a garbage time RB, but he's really earning the reps. Nice moves. Really keeps his legs moving. He's kind of somewhere inbetween Royce and Brooks-James.

3. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

or Darren Carrington.

btw, this past summer Vernon roomed with Braylon Addison and did the informal workouts (no coaches) with the other players. He's not as green in the system as it's being portrayed.

STOMP

4. Natebishop3

Makes sense. He looked extremely comfortable out there.

5. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

the unexpected development on the DLine was Rex Manu playing and Kaumatule not. I'm guessing Canton suffered some sort of late injury in practice that (of course) they aren't talking about. Any day now the media will notice.

STOMP

6. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I just thought our secondary looked terrible, but the offense rolled, as was expected against a team like Eastern Washington. Next week is the big test.

I guess Allen has not yet fully healed from his knee injury, but what happened to Nelson?

7. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

he was held out to heal up a leg injury but has said he'll be good to go on Saturday. Speculation was a ankle sprain suffered last month but of course the Ducks don't talk specifics about injuries so who knows?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...les-nelson-leaves-practice-on-crutches-081715

STOMP