OT Three Georgians Chase Down Unarmed Black Man, Shoot And Kill Him

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Chris Craig, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

He did

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

If i didn't know this country, i would say thats unbelievable. Defense attorney should be on trial too…. I mean really…

3. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I remember during the Port
    I remember during the Portland Riots HCP had a friend whos store downtown being protected by two white guys with rifles, so it wouldn't get burnt down or looted. If my neighborhood was being threatened by riots with burning and looting Id be protecting my home and family with a shot gun. And it would have zero to do with race. Again, I have a multi race family and we would all protect our home or business.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    Orion Bailey likes this.
  4. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Sorry, what does this have to do with the thread or what you quoted? Honestly curious.

5. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I probably put it in the wrong thread! sorry

6. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Another defense attorney referred to Arberry having dirty toenails. FFS. Even if true, lapses in personal hygiene is not capital crime.
    Unlike Rittenhouse, they didn't attack protests, weren't young and photogenic, so right didn't raise $2 million for their defense.

Chris Craig and Buffalo Custard like this.
  7. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Well, that's $2 million that would have been wasted. They were getting convicted no matter what the defense did.

And good riddance.

Hoopguru likes this.
  8. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I don't think that's necessarily true. The first DA was going to let them go free, because she knew one of them. It was only after massive publicity that she got her just desserts.

barfo

9. Phatguysrule

Yeah, that's why I just don't think that was ever going to fly. One or two people mught have wanted to let their buddies off. But that's not going to slide any more.

10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

An ironic part of this is, if the third guy following the McMichaels hadn't filmed it with his phone, they might have all gotten away with it. But, he filmed it and now it's life in prison.

11. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Nice to see actual justice done…..despite the efforts of white people (and the media) to make it appear that Arbery brought it upon himself. The Georgia legal system in general has no shame and obviously doesn’t care how racist and stupid they look to the rest of the world. Kudos to a virtually all white jury for doing the (obviously and inescapable) right thing and making the defense look even more corrupt.

12. Phatguysrule

13. Buffalo Custard

Buffalo Custard Well-Known Member

The recording served its intended purpose. It made them heros/martyrs with the wingnut right.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  14. Buffalo Custard

Buffalo Custard Well-Known Member

In my experience, defense attorneys fall into 3 broad categories.

1) Sincerely believe in the importance of due process and the ideal that everyone deserves a fair trial.
    2) Get a vicarious thrill from rubbing shoulders with evil.
    3) Are pursuing a political agenda way beyond the actual case.

The defense lawyers in this case fell into #3. They should have just worn their Klan robes into court.

15. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

No might about it. Though the basic facts of the case were known to the DA, 8 weeks afterwords no one had been arrested... just maybe because the elder McMichael was friendly with the DA. But then Roddie's little home video made it's way onto the internets and the general public was appalled. In other words he felt comfortable sharing it with others who then shared it with others. No filming, no problem.

STOMP

Phatguysrule and Chris Craig like this.
  16. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

They couldn't argue the facts of the case & they couldn't argue the law. Their only shot was appealing to deep seeded racism that the jury might hold.

STOMP

Chris Craig and Buffalo Custard like this.
  17. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Ahmaud Arbery's family celebrates outside court after his three murderers are convicted of federal hate crimes: Jury rules three white men chased and shot jogger because he was black
    • Travis and Gregory McMichael and William Roddy Bryan were convicted Tuesday of federal hate crimes
    • It is the first federal hate crime conviction in Georgia, according to attorney Ben Crump
    • It makes no difference to their sentences - the McMichaels were already serving life without parole - but it means they are convicted of killing Arbery because he was black
    • The federal hate crime conviction means the men may be able to serve their time in federal prison instead of the less comfortable state penitentiary
    • Ahmaud Arbery's family fought that possibility - saying they ought to serve time in the leas comfortable place
    • Ahmaud's mother Wanda Cooper Jones said outside court she was grateful for the conviction but horrified the men were offered a deal in January
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-murderers-CONVICTED-federal-hate-crimes.html

Phatguysrule likes this.