Timberwolves waive Collier, Penney, Slater

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by twolvefan11, Oct 23, 2003.

1. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Timberwolves Vice President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Kevin McHale today announced the NBA club has waived center Jason Collier, guard Kirk Penney and forward Reggie Slater. The roster now stands at 12 players.</div>

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/trans...ons_031023.html

Well, now these are good moves. That means the survival of the fittest is Quincy Lewis and has won a spot on the roster. Good for him, he deserved it. Those are most likely the last roster moves we are going to make before the season starts. Good luck to Collier, Penney, and Slater. Penney is bound to get signed by some team. Collier's career is pretty much done and so is Slaters. To bad, I liked Slater.

2. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Glad to see Quincy got the well deserved spot.

3. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

It's the fro. It has to be because of Quincy's fro! :P
    Collier looked like a goof, good thing he is gone. Slater is tragic, but I have only seen him play maybe once. I still wonder why Mcleod didn't stay on the team. I guess they just want a 12-man roster? [​IMG]

4. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

Yep, they are going with the 12-man roster. I think the should have kept McLeod at least on the injured reserved. Maybe we can get Trenton Hassell, he was recently released by the Bulls. They will most likely not sign anyone for a while though, so I don't see anymore roster changes for a while.

5. Bakaj

Bakaj nfl-*****s member

The TWolvs have inoff inoff of PF/C. Thats good that they dropped them and gived the spot top Q

6. T_WOLF_DAWG

T_WOLF_DAWG JBB JustBBall Member

I'm gald Lewis made a spot on the team, but I thought Penny was doing good. It's kinda sad to see him go.