Notice Time to change your legislation regarding carrying weapons

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Blazer4ever, Feb 15, 2018.

1. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Further, MarAzul and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I'd like to offer thoughts and prayers to anyone who loses their gun rights.

Further, calvin natt and donkiez like this.
  3. bulls_with_booz

bulls_with_booz We're Selfish

Whenever I see shit like this part of me feels like they let this happen, but I've got no proof of that obviously. Just a feeling.

4. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I mean somebody did their part, The FBI was aware of this kid since September, this could of been prevented

5. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

Truth is righteousness, Im sure Ive heard that somewhere.

6. donkiez

The problem with this line of thinking is that it enables the current addiction we already have. We need an intervention.

7. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

How so? I just asked how you were gonna do it as well as keeping them off the street for buy after they are taken away from other citizens.

8. donkiez

So the problem is to big? Theres to many? Dont do anything? Thats not a valid argument anymore. This isnt a mystery, we are literally the only country in the world with this issue. We cant even talk about it let alone fine a compromise that might work for everyone. Thoughts an prayers y'all.

Further and calvin natt like this.
  9. bulls_with_booz

If you do nothing it solves nothing if you do something it'll be retarded in application, it's really fucked lol.

10. rotary111

rotary111 Well-Known Member

Real Estate.
    The problem is it's so big nobody knows where to begin. Forcing people to turn them in or a buy back proposal will only get so many off the streets. The penalty for having an assault rifle (etc) would have to be so incredible that it makes a difference. Because if we don't try we will all continue to fail.

11. donkiez

the fixes are retarded in application by design. The whole game is rigged.

Further likes this.
  12. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

Weird that people have gone from "don't blame the gun / blame the shooter" to "don't blame the shooter / blame the FBI"

Further likes this.
  13. bulls_with_booz

What about if we ask the lonely no purpose in life 20 something year old male question that everybody is afraid to ask? What do you do with these kids who are bullied all their lives and filled with hate and self loathing, with no passion for anything other than being a victim of the universe?

14. rotary111

rotary111 Well-Known Member

Real Estate.
    I have never wanted to go live in another country more than in this last year. Disgusting what is happening to the good ol USA!

My question about the FBI would be why the FBI? Local police and school officials have known what a danger this kid is and nobody did anything or at least enough about it. Reports are still coming out so details are murky at best. Some reports were that the police have been to his house (or at least confronted him) about 30 times? He wasn't allowed on campus with a backpack because they feared he would try something? This stuff didn't happen back in my day. It was nothing to see a rifle hanging in the back of a truck window on school grounds. WTF?

calvin natt and riverman like this.
  15. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Every time there's a debate about gun control, it shows me how little people know about the laws that are currently on the books.

In the US, you need a license to carry a loaded weapon within city limits. You have to attend a class, apply with your local law enforcement, and get finger printed. It expires after several years and you have to re-up. People carrying loaded weapons within city limits without that license are breaking the law.

Not much has changed in the last hundred years though. The Thompson machine gun was invented in 1921. It had a mag capacity of 100 rounds in a drum and it was originally marketed to the public when the military didn't buy in. So why have we started seeing mass shootings in the past 20 or so years while these weapons have been available for almost a hundred years? Guns are not easier to get than they were 100 years ago. They're not more efficient at killing than they were 100 years ago. Something else has changed. Not the guns.

First of all, none of these shootings have been with machine guns. It's important to point that out. An AR-15 is not a machine gun.

Second, you're right, mentally ill people weren't walking into schools 242 years ago. Hell, they were't doing it 100 years ago when a lot of this technology was originally developed. They weren't doing it in 1964 when the M16 was originally designed either. So what has changed in the past 20 years when the school shooting epidemic began?

We started heavily medicating our children. Ritalin, anti depressants, and other such drugs became prevalent in the 90s.

The internet and the passing of information, and the rise of social media. Kids seeing shooters become famous. We constantly talk about Columbine, Sandy Hook, and Aurora are brought up EVERY TIME a shooting happens. If we don't want to immortalize these people, stop bringing them up over and over and over.

It's amazing how much false information is out there right now. Every time a shooting happens, a ton of statistics and clickbait articles are passed around and nobody fact checks them. Yesterday people were passing around that 18 school shootings have happened so far in 2018.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.4f9aa22b0f19

I get it. People see the headlines, they see kids being killed and they want to do something. They want to stop it. If you want to stop it, screaming about gun control isn't going to do it. Short of going into every single home and confiscating every gun in America (which isn't really realistic), you're not going to stop people from hurting others.

Schools are gun free zones. That doesn't stop school shootings.

Loaded guns are not permitted in city limits without a license. That doesn't stop shootings.

Felons are not allowed to buy guns. That doesn't stop criminals from getting guns.

No amount of laws being passed will achieve what people want to achieve, which is to put an end to gun violence. If someone cannot buy a gun, they will find other means to acquire one. If they can't get an AR-15, they will use something else.

The shooting at Thurston High school involving Kip Kinkel in Springfield happened in 1998. He used a Glock 19 handgun and a Ruger 10/22 semi-auto rifle. He killed 4 people (including his parents.)

Columbine is one of the most famous school shootings. It happened in 1999. They used shotguns and semi-auto handguns. They killed 15 (including themselves).

Both of these shootings happened while "assault rifles" were banned.

bulls_with_booz likes this.
  16. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  17. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Only a mentally ill person could object to a cure as simple as having an armed guard protecting every school in America.

18. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    There is no evidence that either were mentally ill.

19. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

For one I am not mentally ill. Save your petty insults. Secondly, I don't object to that...but its not a "cure" its a step among many neccessary steps. An armed guard will help but it alone willnot stop someone bent on acting out such atrocities.

riverman likes this.
  20. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Dude you have problems.