Notice Time to change your legislation regarding carrying weapons

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Blazer4ever, Feb 15, 2018.

1. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 5210.56, signed into effect in February 1992 by Donald J. Atwood, deputy secretary of defense under President George H.W. Bush states that “it is DoD Policy” to “limit and control the carrying of firearms by DoD military and civilian personnel.” “The authorization to carry firearms shall be issued only to qualified personnel when there is a reasonable expectation that life or DoD assets will be jeopardized if firearms are not carried,”
    DoD Directive 5210.56 was reissued in April 2011 by Deputy Secretary of Defense William J. Lynn III.
    Army Regulation 190-14, a policy implemented in 1993 that changed policy regarding carrying firearms on the Army’s military bases

2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Cool, thanks for the info.

barfo

BrianFromWA likes this.
  3. BrianFromWA

That's the "worldview" point...I feel that, if the world did "disarm all guns", that there would be people dying with arrows or swords or sticks or bombs or.... b/c people are inherently evil and selfish and generally go through a "self-preservation" mode check before doing something that would hurt others. In your scenario, I'd ask what would happen in Taipei if a Taliban member decided girls shouldn't go to school and came in with a suicide vest? Or a machete? I'm happy that it hasn't (to my knowledge) happened in Taipei. But I'd say that, for better or worse, and due to many things Calvin and others are pointing out, it is happening here just like it is in AFG, not like it is in Taipei.

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

The Taiwanese National Guard and Taipei Police and Swat team would deal with it full force....happened with a kidnapped celebrity case back in the 90s....gangsters...nobody is stabbing students in Taipei schools....one mentally ill guy stabbed 4 people on the subway years back. You can walk anywhere anytime of night in the city unarmed and it would be extremely rare to feel unsafe...citizens don't have guns or feel a need for them..

5. BrianFromWA

That's awesome that there's an armed force to deal with this (just as there's a Columbine Police Dept, an Aurora PD, a Sandy Hook SWAT team)...but what happens in the 5-30 minutes it takes those guys to show up? In FL this week a bunch of students and teachers were killed because it took almost half an hour for armed personnel to show up. Those trying to protect children were killed due to being unarmed. Some students said they were hiding in a closet for hours.

If Parkland HS had been in the middle of Taipei, do you think that Nicolas Cruz would've killed as many as he did? Or would the similar lag time of 911 call-to-police/SWAT/NG arrival would've meant about the same # would've died, and the Taiwanese are just lucky that they don't have mentally unstable people walking around?

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

That 19 year old would not have been able to purchase a gun or ammo in Taiwan...that's what would happen..they have mentally unstable people like everywhere else...but not guns

7. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Oh shit! Think on that one!

8. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I would not.

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

in order for that to work, you wouldn't have a choice in the matter..no one would..otherwise it's just status quo standoffs for eternity...war ever stops being a world sport....we might actually do some good on this planet for a change

10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!

Actually river, if I would change my position, I think you would lose.

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

nah...we'd all win if we didn't need weapons to coexist...I understand that's against the Neanderthal code but at some point humanity will stop dragging it's knuckles across the landscape and pursue greater accomplishments than conflict.....

12. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    90% already have. The other 10% never will.