Notice Time to eat Leonard Crow Pie

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by magnifier661, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Didn't want to start a new thread, or bump the old Lakers Game Thread, so I thought I'd post this here...

After last night's game, Leonard's TS% is all the way up to a very impressive .651. What's most impressive is he isn't padding his stats during garbage time, his numbers have actually increased while playing meaningful minutes against good competition with the game on the line. Last night was a perfect example. He was on the floor at the end with the game on the line. He didn't hurt the team, he actually helped seal the win hitting 3-3 FTs to give the Blazers a full two-possession lead with 1:08 left. He scored 9 points on 3 FGA. It doesn't get much more efficient than that.

He's still only 22 with 2.5 years of NBA experience. He still has a long way to go, but he's a hard worker and showing steady improvement. I think it's now fair to say he's an "average" NBA player. His PER = 15.2, he averages a respectable 13.4 PTS/36 and 10.3 REB/36. His WS/48 = .193, his ORtg = 125 and his DRtg = 100. He has a positive VORP (+0.5) and his shooting percentages are all excellent (.516 FG%, .442 3FG% and .895 FT%). He doesn't force up bad shot and he doesn't turn the ball over.

Again, he's still a work in progress with much to learn, but I'm so glad the team, the coaches, his teammates, and most of all Meyers himself, didn't give up on this kid.

BNM

2. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

A couple more made free throws and he'll be 50/40/90.

3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

This kid is really focusing on the gaps in his game and making progress. He's going to help come playoff time off the bench.

4. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    For the Wiz game, I was impressed with his 3 point attempt and subsequent 3 foul shots. When he slam dunks and posterizes LeBron, I'll get on one knee and call him a Blazer god. :blazerwookie:

5. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Leonard since getting some consistency in p/t is in the 50/40/90 club with a PER well over 20.

He needs more shots.

6. EGame

EGame "You're the only one of these fools I trust"

I never knew a thread like this existed. I will gladly accept my crow. He has looked like a legit NBA player now and never takes a bad shot. Really the only bad shot he takes is the one he decides to pass when he is wide open. Leonard has been a nice surprise for us.

magnifier661 likes this.
  7. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Well I wasn't ready to say this when this thread was created, now I have to.

Nards belongs. He's consistent and reliable.

My question is. When Freeland is healthy... Does Kaman continue to get 15-20minutes a night.
    Freeland+Nards = quality back up big men. Who can fill in for the starters should the need arise.

Never thought I'd have to say.

Well I was wrong about Nards.

Eastoff and magnifier661 like this.
  8. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Interesting thing about it all is that Kaman was brought in to help Meyers and he has..Kaman said in an interview that Meyers is a way better shooter than he is. Blake will help CJ...these moves will pay dividends down the road. Olshey extended two guys last fall..CJ and Meyers. Guess he was right

Eastoff likes this.
  9. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Hope all is well with MM and he can see ML performing.

Eastoff likes this.
  10. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    upload_2015-2-9_7-43-55.png

:(