OT To my good white friends

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by dviss1, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Lol, I was never a Stones guy. More a Beatles guy. Stones were a little too bluesy for me. and not harmonious enough for me.

2. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

He shouldn't have to show her shit. Fuck her.

Checking = Confront. Call out.
    To take it to the next level, one would report.

Orion Bailey and DaLincolnJones like this.
  3. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Nope, never at my home. There were some comments my way at the Apollo, but that also could've been because I had to wear my Navy whites.

Follow-up question, if Mr. Toles calls the police about this harassment, what happens in Portland? Is it different in St. Louis?

4. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

See this is what I don't understand.
    How am I supposed to know if people like this lady are neighbors of mine?
    How am I supposed to know if people like this lady, while I might interact daily with them... They're still acquaintances. How can I be expected to see past the face they show to the world?
    The company this lady worked for was minority owned. They didn't know she was capable of this until she did it. Which they responded by terminating her position. I imagine this company performs background checks for their hires as well.
    If this company didn't know she was capable of this, how do I?

I've mentioned that I have family members in Illinois who don't like our team picture because you're in it.
    I've also mentioned that I told them, idc if they don't like the picture. He's my friend and it's staying up on my facebook.
    How do I check these people? Should I yell @ them? Should I punch them? Should I take it to the next level and report them to the police? Should I out them to Portland's resistance so they can receive death threats?
    These family members don't act racist in public, at least they didn't while I was there 11 years ago. Because they knew it would piss me off.
    Hell it pissed me off when my biological fathers ex decided to turn off her tv show because(and I quote her) 'A bunch of ____ were arguing on the TV.'
    I refused to talk to her outside of hi, bye. For the rest of the week I was there. So much so that my biological father and I got into an argument and I had to find my own ride to the airport.

I don't understand how telling white people we need to check these people is going to solve the situation.
    I think Mr Toles handled himself perfectly, and I applaud him. He's a role model and everyone, not just minorities can learn something from him.
    We can learn so much from how Mr Toles handled the situation. Be it racism, confrontational people, difficult situations, etc.
    If I could meet Mr Toles I'd tell him. 'Thank you, you're a role model to everyone.' I'd ask if I could shake his hand.
    I'd ask if he'd be willing to come speak with the nearly 80 young minds I'm responsible for.

Help me understand because I just don't get what I'm supposed to do.

I'm really not trying to be hostile or anything. So I apologize if this post comes across as it.

Orion Bailey and DaLincolnJones like this.
  5. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

For the life of me I don't know how people haven't been exposed to bossy white women before. They're everywhere.

In the last two years I remember two specific crazy white bitches I've encountered while riding my bike.

One was on a bike path in Tahoe. It went through a historic campground. If you stopped to check out the buildings you were supposed to walk your bikes off the path. It had signs that said so.

I was riding through the park and some dumbass 45 year old white woman yells at me "you're supposed to walk your bike"

I circled back and asked her if she worked there. She said no and I said "then mind your own fucking business"

You shoulda seen the look on that bitch's face. The men she was with looked like they shit their pants. Guys with women like that are ALWAYS pussies.

My wife laughed for 5 minutes afterwards.

A few months ago we were riding a Henderson bike path that is parallel to a sidewalk. We have bells on our bikes per NV law to warn pedestrians that for some reason are insistent on walking on the bike path while wearing headphones.

I was coming up on her and rang my bell. It startled her. As I passed she screamed "you can just say on your left"

I turned around and asked her if she knew that using the bell is actually the right thing to do and then I asked her why she didn't "walk on the fucking sidewalk that is meant for people on foot"

She just said "uhh, uhhhh, uhhhhhh"

My wife laughed and laughed then too.

She knows how courteous I am to people in general. Hold the door for everyone, give my shopping cart to someone if they're waiting to grab one. Shit like that.

If they're assholes then they get the wrath.

If I followed procedure to enter a secure building and this woman in the video was blocking my way I'd have been a Million times worse than Mr. Toles.

Good for him I guess but maybe more nosy white women would watch their shit if they got "checked"

6. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

Some of it is ridiculous shit as well with some bossy white women. I remember one asked to "share my space" while I was in a bookstore looking for a particular cookbook for grandma. I said, "ok."

I guess I was taking too much time when she asked, "May I have this space?," when I was clearly looking for the book. I said, "No, I am looking for a book." You can walk around and look on the other side of my spot. She said, "Really? You're going to make me do that?" I looked at her in the eye and gave a condescending kind of laugh. Then she got all pissy and said a few unkind words. I turned off my emotions, ignored her and continued looking for the book as if she didn't exist.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

The only thing you can do is see something, say something.

That's really all we ask. Speak out against it if you see it and it's blatant.

H.C. likes this.
  8. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Great post.

9. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Say something just to the perpetrator? I hope you're not saying, don't report it to authority, even to the apartment manager much less the police. You probably didn't mean it that way.

10. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Yours is the second, and here's the third one in this thread. Another incident hitting the media this week:

https://nypost.com/2018/10/19/white-woman-unleashes-racist-tirade-at-men-outside-bar/

Once again, we are told she was fired, so that no one will pursue criminal harassment charges or a tort lawsuit. And once again, I wonder, how does the reporter know she was fired? Her boss must have known she was was a racist, yet employed her. Will he just employ her again once the heat is off?

11. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I didn't watch the video, at 10$ bucks a gig over a Verizon stick, I didn't expect it was that delightful. But just a question, you were told she was fired?
    How did that happen? Would someone really pay an employee to review all the social media employees put out there just to make sure
    they are virtue signaling by the book? Or is some other organization doing this?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  12. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

No, and I'd probably blow a gasket if it did.

We are seeing more and more of white women going after people for existing while black. I think the female counterpart of the entitled white men convinced they are victims. Too many white women see their privilege as tied to white male dominance. React by trying to assert that privilege and looking like racist assholes. Because they are.

13. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    My article says

Sounds fishy.

14. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Seems like there is another story here, the real story of interest.

15. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    That's close to saying, this is mens' fault. I don't have the energy to type the 2 incidents I've seen, but both were from white women. Each time, I was afraid to chase her down and confront her because I knew she could play the man vs. woman card and call the police.

16. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Here's the routine: To relieve public anger, someone tells the media that the person has been fired. Then the person is rehired. For example, Betty Shelby.

http://www.sportstwo.com/posts/4475744/

17. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

18. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

Uuuugh what a fucking bitch. Policing the apartment building with her dumb little dog. I've actually battled many women like this, they've always got that look like they just smelled shit. They are fucking miserable, its actually kinda sad. Props to the dude for taking the high road, he probably felt sorry her lol. It's gotta be hard to hold your tongue in that situation, especially when your being blatantly discriminated against. I've never had to deal with it from that angle.

19. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    I'll try to type one. I was going to several job interviews per day in Seattle in May-June 1979, with hours of driving since I live 2 hours away. I wasn't used to big city behavior, having left California 5 years earlier. One day I'm walking from one interview to another, or maybe I'm walking from a parking garage to an interview. I've been in my suit and uncomfortable tie all day traversing the big city. I'm walking downhill downtown (that means toward the water) and I notice in front of me a very peaceful scene. It's a young black mother cooing with her baby, pushing a stroller. She is very happy and mellow. She doesn't see me, walking 10 feet behind her. This goes on for a minute. I have a few blocks to cover to get to my next interview. I get into a mellow mood seeing her happy. I'm thinking, this is progress. Black people can walk the streets mellow and at peace. Racism is over. I'm almost daydreaming like her.

Suddenly there's a shock. A young slim white woman in business clothes about 25 or 30 dives into my view fast. She runs up to the black woman who is about 25 or 23 and yells something at her from about 5 feet away as she passes. I have forgotten the words, but they were about black people having too many babies (with the insinuation that they are too sexual and therefore animalistic, you know what's between the lines). She jets away down to the corner, walking fast to escape any anger from the mother. The mother and I are shocked. She doesn't go after her, or say anything. I'm after the shit. I swoop past the black woman, and about 50 feet later looking behind me, I see her shocked and aghast, staring at the racist pig, and maybe wondering if I'm with her, since I'm trying to catch up to the white woman. I go walking fast after her, left around the corner, then a block, then she joins a big crowd at a busstop waiting for a bus. I know I can't yell at her now. The crowd will think I'm a crazy man yelling at an innocuous woman. I know the manhater stereotypes of men, and I know the legal system hates men. Sadly I retreat. I see the racist woman smiling with cruel happiness, not knowing I chased her. The black woman doesn't know I tried to defend her. I never said a word to either woman. I walk back a block to where we turned left, look uphill a block, but the black woman is gone. Life goes on as usual. I find my way to the interview, annoyed the rest of my life that I could do nothing.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  20. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I don't want to take too much away from the conversation, and I'm not usually the voice of the PC, but is there a way to refer to people who do this without using "bitch", "cunt", "black dick-loving", etc? If you want to toss adjectives like "racist", "bossy", "nosy" (some of which, I imagine, a feminist would rail against your male privilege for using for assertive women doing what they want, but I'm not going there), I got it, but IMHO tossing out charged pejoratives isn't the method for discussion.

I won't even give examples. Y'all know.

CupWizier likes this.