Tom Tolbert on Biedrins....Hilarious

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by philsmith75, Feb 1, 2012.

1. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Tom Tolbert is a local radio host who played on the Nellie Ws in late 80's-early 90's and he is quite humorous because he's an ex-jock but is not too full of himself.

So on the drive home last night here's his take on Biedrins:

"you know how growing up you were always told to catch the ball in the triple threat position? Well Biedrins catches it in the ZERO threat position. Instead of facing his basket he's almost always facing the other basket...Three FG attempts in the last last three games? That can't be right. Well yes it is because I read it somewhere. Unbelievable...."

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Biedrins probably should have been the one waived. He is pathetic right now. I think even Patrick O'Bryant could produce better.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

The guy is broken. Look at some old youtube clips of him and the difference in energy is astounding. Losing Baron and Jack hurt his game somewhat but old Beans would still be crashing the glass relentlessly and hauling ass all over the place. I almost wonder if benching him would help him at this point. I assume management still wants to move him but at what point do you just say "you're our backup C until the last year of your deal, then we'll try to dump you as an expiring contract"? Maybe as a reserve he'll feel less pressure and play worse competition. I would say the coaching staff would tell him to just bring raw energy without worrying about foul trouble but it seems like thats what Mark Jackson has been preaching to him- that FTs and scoring don't matter, just rebound and be active on defense. Even in his lethargic current state hes racking up fouls at the same rate.

Pretty sad to see such a young guy completely lose it mentally. Remember the days when he was a 12/12 machine dominating the boards by himself and automatic finishing around the rim?

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Yeah, it was great when he hustled, but the real disappointment was he was never really going to get better as a center. He was never gifted with much basketball skill and he was never going to fill out and get stronger. He was just laterally quick for a tall guy, he hustled and used to like banging inside and dunking everything until he changed mentally. I like his great hands, though. He was a breath of fresh air since we had guys like Foyle and Dampier dropping catchable passes in the paint.

5. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    I keep saying that the Warriors should sign Zarko as their 12th man just so Biedrins gets his buddy back. Let him start spiking his hair up and show some of that Euro flair. The moment all of his buddies left, be went back to the straight part and lost his energy

6. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Biedrins seems to play well when he's in. He's just never in.

7. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Plays well? What game are you watching? He has no effort, doesn't move to set screens, lazes around the court. I think you're forgetting what he used to do out there. The guy is doing the bare minimum of what a person with his size should do. He doesn't play because he has no heart

8. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

If you want to be a Biedrins fan, you have to be honest. I invite you to watch the first 1 on 1 matchup he gets, every single game. When his man makes a move, 80% to 90% of the time, he fouls. The very first move, before the guy has even made a bucket in the game, Biedrins is so scared the guy might make a bucket, he fouls. He's so lost defensively, its ridiculous.