Torres Can Handle Physical Games

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by CelticKing, Dec 7, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<span class="titolo">Ben&iacute;tez: Torres Can Handle Physical Games</span></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<span class="sommario">Ahead of this weekend's encounter with Reading, Liverpool coach Rafa Ben&iacute;tez has backed striker Fernando Torres to deal with the Royals' physical approach.</span></p>

Liverpool manager Rafael Ben&iacute;tez believes Spanish striker Fernando Torres has what it takes to manage the physical nature of Reading's defence.</p>

Ben&iacute;tez has not yet decided who will take to the pitch for Saturday's game at the Madejski stadium, but insists that if he does rest Torres, it won't be out of fear of him getting injured.</p>

Hat-Trick Hero</p>

Liverpool's No.9 has already made an appearance at Reading this season, bagging a classy hat-trick as the Reds eased past Reading 4-2 in the Carling Cup.</p>

Torres was given a rough time by the Royals back four throughout the match, and the Liverpool boss is once again backing his players to overcome Reading's physical approach.</p>

"I think it will be difficult for all our players because Reading are physical and they are strong. It is especially difficult for the strikers.</p>

"But Torres is strong enough and he also has ability and good movement, so if the team is playing well he can manage with the physical game. I think Torres can produce good movement and it will be difficult to control him."</p>

Rested And Fully Fit</p>

With massive games against Marseille and Manchester United in the week ahead, Ben&iacute;tez may well have thought about resting players of the calibre of Torres before a game with the likes of Reading. But, as the manager pointed out,circumstances are different right now.</p>

"He has been resting for one month so he is fresh and we can use him more often now. The key for me is when you have two games in a week, with only two or three days in between, it makes a big difference in how you play. But Torres is fit and we don't have any problems about him playing two or three games now.</p>

Multiple Games, Different Reactions</p>

"We try to manage the players, but some players can handle the games better than others,"Ben&iacute;tez added. "If we can talk about one - Momo Sissoko - he can play at a very high tempo and be fit in two or three days. Other players who are older or who play in another position may need four or five days. So you need to know all these things."</p>

Not Just About Torres</p>

Fernando Torres has been an inspirational figure for Liverpool of late. Scoring againstBolton last Sunday, the former Atl&eacute;tico man dugthe Reds out of a hole in games againstFulham and Porto, proving how invaluable heis.</p>

"Torres is a player who can work for the team," explained Ben&iacute;tez, "but I am pleased with all our strikers. Voronin can do the job, Crouch can do the job and Kuyt can do the job, too. All of them work hard to defend for the team and all of them can go forward and score goals. So I am really pleased with the forwards."</p>

Carragher Ready</p>

At the back, meanwhile,Rafa believes Jamie Carragher will be fit to play against Reading. The Anfield veteran sustained bruising to the ribs in the win over Bolton, and on top of that is just one booking away from missing thetussle with ManchesterUnited.</p>

"We think Jamie will be fine in terms of his fitness," revealed Ben&iacute;tez. "As for the situation with yellow cards, he is experienced and he knows the situation. We think he can handle it."</p>

</div></p>

2. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

I dunno, he looks fragile and gay too...lol, j/k......, I mean he needs to put up more weight and muscle(not like fatnaldo), because the prem is not la liga, the prem is pretty tough physically, more injuriesas a result of that, and if they plan on seeing him produce and improve his scoring ability, he needs to bulk up.</p>