Tote, this is for you...

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Apr 20, 2017.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

2. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    this is Tote's, can't wait to hear from him... seriously...!

can't help but cast my 2 cents.

Today's 30-40 crowd, is still waiting for their custom job to be let, or created; that's what it looks like to me.... my 3 sons included. It's up to those to create their own job(s), in accordance with their expectation(s), imho.

I definitely can see this:
    "They do want to work but are trying to figure out how to go about it in a job market with much different demands and expectations, she said."

This is clear; both true and false.
    1- But one thing that can be done, according to Warnell, is to change the education structure.

2- "Schools should do more, by not just teaching principles and concepts but the application of these principles and concepts," she said.

1- Schools have been told this since the 70's, but have only made bad choices, both the voter's who have robbed public schools of funds necessary to be legit, or functional. My old alma mater was taken over by the state in Y2K. Grades once in an upper tier, now in the gutters, lowest in this state, ie L.A. county public schools. Reference: California Prop 13 Education- enacted in 1978
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_13_(1978)#Effect_on_public_schools

Note: cities have gone from lower water, gas, electricity costs, to increases beyond reason, something this url link, fails to revise over time...

2- Teaching principles, concepts, or the application(s) thereof, is also non-existent in lower level schools, less some Universities, even then, missing in some, most high schools, fail to do this, Jr. Colleges the same failure. Some Uni's don't even teach applications, as they themselves have never been taught such. Less an Admin or two...

bottom line in this part of the nation: as long as taxpayers hold the keys to public school funding, they will be susceptible to failures; within our education systems...
    A systemic failure across the board.