Toughest conference in the NCAA

Discussion in 'College Football' started by Thoth, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Once again, its the SEC.

Case in point; They have 3 teams in the latest top 10.

2. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I think the ACC, VT and Miami are really good football teams a lot better than alabma

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

SEC is tough but is as deep as the Big 10 or the ACC. It's just to hard to tell. You can make a legit arguement for all 3 of them. After the Bowl games when the major conferences actually play each other we'll be able to tell.

Edit: Bama is overrated and will lose to LSU next week and won't go to a BCS Bowl game.

4. Thoth

I'll take the PAC10 after the SEC. Cal, UCLA, & Oregon could wipe the mat w/ any team in the ACC after VA Tech and Miami

THe Tide will beat LSU.

If Wisconsin and Penn State are the best the Big 10 has to offer than that proves my point. Minnesota IMO is the best team in that conference & I am taking into consideration that fluke loss to the Badgers.

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'll take the PAC10 after the SEC. Cal, UCLA, & Oregon could wipe the mat w/ any team in the ACC after VA Tech and Miami

THe Tide will beat LSU.

If Wisconsin and Penn State are the best the Big 10 has to offer than that proves my point. Minnesota IMO is the best team in that conference & I am taking into consideration that fluke loss to the Badgers.</div>

So what about the loss to Penn State or the Ohio State Buckeyes...

Big 10 is a very deep conference. They will have the most Bowl Teams. So their conference has a legit argument.

LSU will win the SEC. I'm willing to bet a signature with you on that they beat Bama this Saturday. I don't like LSU or Bama. In fact Bama was my sleeper this year and LSU was my champ. That's mainly why I'm going with the Tigers. Plus their just more talented in my opinion.

Cal = overrated...
    UCLA is decent but not BCS Bowl team. I'd take FSU over them any day. I'd take BC over them as well. Even with the loss to UNC. Sh!t happens sometimes...

Oregon and USC are the top teams in the Pac 10. I'm really high on the Ducks. I think they're underrated and should be in the BCS picture a little more. USC would wipe out VT. Miami could put up a fight if they can run the ball but wouldn't beat USC.

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Alabama didnt have an offensive TD against missippi state, LSU defense is a lot better than mississipi state and a little better offense, i think LSU will upset bama

7. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm willing to bet a signature with you on that they beat Bama this Saturday. I don't like LSU or Bama.</div>

I am an Auburn fan myself but think even w/o Prothro that Bama is better offensively than people think.

Normally, I only bet for $ and only in Nevada. I'd make an exception & take you up on your wager but am leaving for vacation on Thursday.

If your game, We could go see which conference has a better bowl winning percentage; SEC or Big 10?

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'> I'm willing to bet a signature with you on that they beat Bama this Saturday. I don't like LSU or Bama.</div>

I am an Auburn fan myself but think even w/o Prothro that Bama is better offensively than people think.

Normally, I only bet for $ and only in Nevada. I'd make an exception & take you up on your wager but am leaving for vacation on Thursday.

If your game, We could go see which conference has a better bowl winning percentage; SEC or Big 10?</div>

I can only make bets during the season. I have a little signature wager with BF1 already on FSU's record for the off-season. It's alright. We'll wait and see who wins. It's always fun to talk about.

9. BJames1156

BJames1156 LSU SAINT

Yall are crazy if you think any conference is tougher than the SEC. LSU, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, usually Tenn. but not this season, and even vandy had a good year. that is alot of good teams.

Alabama WILL lose to LSU. I'm willing to bet on it.

10. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

SEC by far.

Bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida and Auburn can easily be up in the top 5 and Tenn., Vandy and S.C. are going to be a force next year.

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bleedblk&gld)</div><div class='quotemain'>SEC by far.

Bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida and Auburn can easily be up in the top 5 and Tenn., Vandy and S.C. are going to be a force next year.</div>

I agree that the SEC is the toughest but it's not by far. Top to bottom you can make a legit argument for the Big 10 and ACC.

Florida isn't a top 5 team. Not with the way that offense is playing. Georgia,LSU and Bama could be though I think Bama will lose today. Auburn is a wild card.

Vandy is losing Cutler to the pros. They won't even be a Bowl team next year. Back to reality. S.C. and Tennessee are jokes this year. Though I think S.C. is a lot better than what was expected and Spurrier deserves coach of the year honors with the job he's done. S.C. will be a force once he gets his recruits.

12. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

VT, Miami and Flordia State are gonna have great teams every year, and boston college is starting to get good also. NC State and GT will be good next year