Trade Deadline 2012

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by philsmith75, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

BTW that NJ second rounder was bought in a way because we got it out of that Troy Murphy trade last offseason.

Lacob spending tens of millions for late picks lol. All of a sudden hes looking like a pretty good owner.

2. Run BJM

BTW that NJ second rounder was bought in a way because we got it out of that Troy Murphy trade last offseason.

Lacob spending tens of millions for late picks lol. All of a sudden hes looking like a pretty good owner.

3. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Spending tens of millions for assets sounds like someone who was mocked for it before, like he did not know what he was doing........Mark Cuban

When the Mavs were bought by Cuban, they had nothing, a laughinstock of a franchise, no player assets, bad draft choices (well Roy Tarpley had his cocaine habit), and an outdated arena. He started paying $$$ for players, even thought to be overpaying (Haywood, Dampier, Cardinal, Finley, etc.) but it finally came through.

I like what Lacob's doing. You have to take risks and from the venture capital world, its all about risks. You don't hit on everything, just hit on more than you miss. I'm confident he'll hit more than miss.

4. Run BJM

Hey, I've been one of the few who hasn't been trashing Lacob incessantly since he took over. I've said many times before that I thought his buying Jeremy Tyler, bringing West into the ownership group, giving extra years/money to Lou Amundson and Lin in order to land them, buying a D-League team were all indications he was willing to spend the extra cash to get every advantage. I was patient with the "big move" he kept talking about, and he finally delivered on it. Never gave him flak for not forcing a move that wasn't there. I've made the comparison to Mark Cuban several times as well. I've been saying for years to start taking risks and stop with the same old same old.

I'm stoked hes willing to spend for assets and I'm glad we got the picks. Just saying hes dropping a lot of money on them.

Overall I'm happy with the trade deadline moves. The Bogut trade gave us clear direction IMO. We've now got size, rebounding, a top C, a really nice starting front line. Not only Bogut's paint presence, but you get bigger overall swapping Klay for Monta. The ball movement and team play is already showing improvements with Monta gone.

Managing to land a 1st rounder for Jack was great, combine that with two seconds and you could potentially move into the mid-first packaging them. If they get the bottom 7 pick (unlikely) then all the better. If not you've got some ammo to play with in the draft or potential assets to add, and the W's have been drafting fairly well lately. Another thing to keep in mind; if our 1st does go to Utah, I believe we then re-gain the ability to trade future firsts, helping us move up or add players.

So for the +/- of the deadline has been:

Outgoing:
    Monta
    Udoh
    Kwame

Incoming:
    Bogut
    Jefferson
    Spurs 2012 1st
    Hawks 2012 2nd

Depth chart for next season:
    Curry/Nate*/Jenkins
    Klay/Rush*
    DW/Jefferson
    Lee/McGuire*/Tyler
    Bogut/Biedrins

* = Free agent.
    We currently own 3 picks will factor in here in some way.

5. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
  6. Run BJM

Greg Oden, Ronny Turiaf, and Terrence Williams have been waived by their respective teams.

7. Run BJM

Trade Deadline recap:

- 76ers acquire Sam Young from Grizzlies in exchange for the rights to Ricky Sanchez.

- Pacers acquire Leandro Barbosa from Raptors in exchange for a second round pick.

- Lakers acquire Ramon Sessions and Christian Eyenga from Cavaliers in exchange for Luke Walton, Jsaon Kapono, 2012 first round pick, and the right to swap the Heat's 2013 first rounder (I presume acquired via LeBron trade) with the Lakers 2013 first rounder.

- Lakers acquire Jordan Hill from Rockets in exchange for Derek Fisher and a 2012 first round pick.

- Blazers acquire a top 3 protected first round, Mehmet Okur, and Shawne Williams from Nets in exchange for Gerald Wallace.

- Blazers acquire Johnny Flynn, Hasheem Thabeet, and a second round pick from Rockets in exchange for Marcus Camby.

- 3 way deal: Wizards add Nene, Brian Cook, and a 2015 second round pick. Nuggets get Javale McGee and Ronny Turiaf. Clips acquire Nick Young.

Lakers did really well to add Sessions and Hill, plus Fisher is being bought out and I assume he'll return. I like the Wizards dumping some knuckle heads and adding a quality big to play next to Wall. Clips did well to add a nice young SG. Pacers and Sixers also help their cause with Barbosa/Sam Yong respectively, both solid players for depth.

Blazers went into hyper rebuild mode. Getting that top 3 protected pick from NJ was a freakin coup. They'll have their own pick, that pick if its outside the top 3, plus Aldridge, Batum, and a ton of cap space to work with. Bastards will probably be back at the top in a matter of two or three seasons. They just need a coach and a GM lol.

8. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Looks like the warriors are getting killed by Milwaukee on the glass. Biedrins has managed to avoid getting more fouls than rebounds.

9. Run BJM

Awful game. On the plus side we dropped from 11th worst in the league to 9th. Only two out of getting out pick back!

10. Run BJM

Per Wojnarowski

Kind of a stereotypical knuckle-head-young-big-man. Tremendous athleticism and talent but not a good defender and takes crappy shots. He rebounds well though. Still only 23.