Trade Deadline Predictions

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Scalma, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I don't think we have assets that would interest Bucks unless we offer multiple picks or CJ. At the end of the day if they were going to take role players who won't elevate them to a new level, they may as well keep Jabari for the rest of season and see if he comes back to his top form. Don't forget that he was properly good for them before injury.

2. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I have decided I want Mirotic and Hood. Both should be available (Mirotic definitely is and Utah have a lot of other talent in Hood's position), both are legit scorers who have been good this season.

We have EXACTLY what Utah need in Shabazz. Him and Mitchell in the backcourt could be their long term pairing. Offer then Shabazz plus a 2nd round pick, plus a salary filler if it's needed at all and get it done. Play Hood at small forward, of course.

I would offer Harkless and a lottery protected 1st for Mirotic. If our pick is not lotto this season, I don't think it has great value to us. Harkless would be a decent role players for Bulls and they would move him in the Summer for another asset (maybe a good second rounder).

Move Ed Davis to a team that is higher up and want to compete this season for their pick. Toronto don't have picks to offer but Cleveland, Boston, Houston, Spurs, Warriors and a few others do and they might want Ed's help. A late first is possible. He is a great hustle player but realistically we cannot extend him in the Summer.

Put Vonleh up for sale as well and try to flog Leonard or Turner if there are any takers of course (there won't be).

Dame, CJ, Hood, Mirotic and Nurkic is a good line up.

42N8Bounce and BrunoSOC like this.
  3. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

utah seems much more interested in keeping hood and selling on alec burks' $ 11 million/per. burks is a quality wing and could supplant turner and harkless as the starter. injury history decreases his value and thus acquisition cost.

4. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

Not on a regular basis but one would hit that number a decent amount of times. The other wouldn't due to his bone on bone condition (that in my opinion is going to cause him to retire early at some point). My point is normalizing the the data is great but only if both players could realistically play those minutes. Per 24 would be perfect but you would have to do that math on your own.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Fuck Chandler Parsons and the contract he rode in on!

6. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Imagine if we were the ones stuck with it. I really hope the rumor of Olshey telling him to take the Memphis deal is true because yiiikes his free agency resume is already a mess as it is

riverman likes this.
  7. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Utah might have to pay Hood $18M or so a year in the Summer when Favors will also be out of contract. They might struggle with that.

If they are willing to sell Burks instead and get the price right, I want that deal too. However we would need to match salaries, wouldn't we?

Unless we traded trade exception for him.

8. lawai'a

seems mirotic already has an interest in utah and coach snyder. burks at 26 is more in line with our core than chicago's. i proposed something including bazz and harkless(24 years old) and a 2nd round pick from us and utah to chicago.....
    chicago sends mirotic to utah and
    burks from utah and jerian grant or a future 2nd pick to us from chicago

riverman likes this.
  9. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

No chance of that happening. LaVine is their best player and a cornerstone of their rebuild.

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

He's played one game for them I think...but he's a perfect fit in Stotts system

11. BonesJones

I don't understand what people see in Burks. He's an inefficient scorer who brings nothing else.

12. BonesJones

He has. And?

13. lawai'a

i see an athletic wing, and descent + defender, who can create for himself. was thought of before the draft as a potenial PG at least as willing to move the ball as current wing he certainly is performing at a higher level than mo and the deal should be enough to get us below the tax threshold.
    burks is a good to better defender, that can create his own shot and attack the rim. coming out of college, some thought him capable of running the point. he makes the 3 far more often than either of the current place holders at SF, and is far more engaged on both ends of the floor than harkless. the proposal would also get us below the tax threshold if we received a pick in lieu of grant i believe.
    i consider it a realistic prediction.
    sorry for double post

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

They were winning a lot without him...he's avaluable trade asset.

15. BonesJones

Winning a lot without him? They're below .500 and they need a guard like him. Trading him would be dumb. He's more valuable to them than he is on the market.

16. lawai'a

MM indicated more than one team in texas is interested in myers and dallas was mentioned as one of them. myers for 1/2 year rental/tire kicking of noel would seem reasonable and financially prudent on the blazers part.

17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

They turned it around after Mirotic came back from the broken face fiasco......they lost most of the games before that ...that team really turned it around..you could say all the talented players in the league are untradeable....but they're not. I would trade for Lebron as well....valuable as he is...not a good idea to downplay our assets when we want to get better....to get talent you have to trade talent...a guy like Levine would probably take more than we'd offer unless that offer was CJ...I sure never thought Plumlee would land Nurk

BrunoSOC likes this.
  18. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Meyers (Moe) is worth a look for someone. Worst case scenario he turns into a pretty decent sized expiring contract after next season. It’s not like he’s going to cost much of anything in the way of players or picks, and considering so many teams don’t have cap space already...why not?

BrunoSOC and riverman like this.
  19. BonesJones

Yeah, Mirotic has been overachieving, he's not as good as he's been playing. Mirotic had a hot stretch where they ended up rattling off some close wins against mediocre teams. IIRC Justin Holiday was their starting SG during that stretch... LaVine is a huge upgrade over him.

I'm not saying LaVine is untradeable, just that they wouldn't trade him (a 22yo who averaged 19ppg last year on good efficiency) for Harkless. Harkless is nowhere near LaVine's level. Their recent "success" isn't going to lead them to trading LaVine and keeping Justin Holiday as their starting SG, that'd be ridiculous of them to do.

Nurk was out of the rotation and wanted out, and it was debatable if he was better than Plumlee. None of those things exist with a potential Harkless for LaVine swap.

Dunn+LaVine+Markkanen is the future for Chicago. That Butler deal was a great trade.

Crazy how the superstar deals this off-season were great trades for everyone involved.

OKC got to gamble on PG, and IND got the better player this year in Oladipo (who didn't fit at all next to Westbrook so OKC doesn't miss out)
    CHI got a great return package for Butler and MIN finally is able to make a playoff run.
    CLE got a great pick and star PG for Kyrie while BOS has been great with him leading the team.

UKRAINEFAN and riverman like this.
  20. BonesJones

Can't imagine HOU being able to trade for him because they don't have the salaries to send out for him that they'd be willing to trade.
    Can't imagine SAS trading for him because Meyers seems like the opposite of a Spurs player, and seems like a dude who could become suicidal if coached by Pop.
    DAL makes the most sense. I highly doubt they'd trade Noel for Meyers unless we including something extra. I wouldn't even want Noel at this point.

I would love this:
    Meyers Leonard for Josh McRoberts and DAL's 2018 2nd round pick (~36th)
    -- If Dallas is truly interested in Leonard, trading McRoberts (who doesn't play and is expiring) and a 2nd round pick might be possible. We'd not only shed Meyers but actually recoup some value in the 2nd round pick, which would be crazy. It'd be a pretty dumb trade on DAL's part but we saw CHI sell the 38th pick last year so who knows. If someone like Justin Jackson (Maryland version) enters the draft, he could fall there given his injury and would be a great pick. This years draft is pretty deep and we should definitely try to get into the 2nd round. Shake Milton, Moritz Wagner, Jacob Evans, Bonzie Colson, and Rawle Alkins could be some decent players available there. We could even move into the later 2nd and look at a fellow Vancouver, WA native (who I've played against and dropped 18 on) who plays at Washington State who NBADraft.com projects to go at #55 right now.

Shittt, two Vancouver natives right here: