Trade Deadline Predictions

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Scalma, Jan 8, 2018.

1. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

1.) Tell that to DeAndre Jordan.
    2.)Like whom? It's not like they're trying to win, and even if they were leaning towards no for those two, they also get Vonleh.

2. trailblazer18

trailblazer18 Well-Known Member

Barnes Trash? Wow...seems like a solid player to me.

3. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

1) Tell what to DeAndre Jordan?

2) The mavs aren’t trying to win? Are you familiar with Mark Cuban?

4. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

Im discussing some trade suggestions with DET fans and it seems they are willing to trade Bradley and Harris for McCollum and I find this trade suggestion very tempting and I would do it... neither od those guys is individually as good as McCollum is, so wed take less talent in return, but wed be much more balanced roster with them

Dame
    Bradley
    Harris
    Aminu
    Nurkic

Neil Olshey, make it happen!

BonesJones and Wizard Mentor like this.
  5. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Bradley is a FA this summer and due for a big pay day. Bit risky.

TBpup likes this.
  6. Mr. Robot

yeah didn know about his contract, but definitely something to keep an eye on... Id do this if he commits to sign with us

7. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Along with Avery's contract status, Harris has really been more of an undersized PF than a SF. He does shoot the '3' well but 5 rebs and 2 assists isn't outstanding. Because of Avery's contract status, I'd want more.

8. Mr. Robot

what if he commits... how much he will get, how much will Harris get when it comes to that, can POR do that given our cap situation

fit wise, Id do it in a heartbeat, but given their contracts, our cap situation, lot of questions there...

9. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Lots of discord in Cleveland, so it's very possible that they make a trade.

Trade with Detroit: CJ + Harkless for Harris + Bradley makes a lot of sense post-meeting as we know Dame likes Bradley, and we could certainly use Harris.

Lukee likes this.
  10. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Does this make us better?

POR out: CJ, Ed, Collins
    POR in: Middleton, Love

CLE out: Love, Frye, Osman, 2018 1st rounder (their own)
    CLE in: CJ, Ed

MIL out: Middleton
    MIN in: Collins, Frye, Osman, CLE 2018 1st rounder

We throw Pat in at starting SG, have a legit SF and PF now, move Aminu to the bench, bring Harkless back into rotation and let Napier run for 25-30 mpg. We go all in with that roster but that's easily a consistent 50 win team with the core of Dame/Mid/Love/Nurk.

11. Lukee

Lukee Well-Known Member

Ofc it makes us better. But I don't see logic with Cavs roster then. They would have Tristan and Ed, same type of players. Than lineup with IT and C.J would be disaster at defense.

C.J and Mo for Bradley and Harris makes sense.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  12. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

My fear with Harris is he's a classic tweener. Is he an undersized PF, or an oversized SF? Both, actually. He's a good scorer, but not much else. That's why he's on the trading block for the third time in his career at only 25.

My real concern is how would Stotts use him. He's a better scorer than Aminu, but a worse rebounder and worse defender. You don't really want either one of them handling the ball. They seem redundant. Stotts refuses to play Aminu at the 3. Why would he play Harris there?

BNM

dviss1 likes this.
  13. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Why would the Bucks give up a very good player in exchange for a struggling rookie and a late first?

BonesJones likes this.
  14. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    BonesJones likes this.
  15. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Kings are so pointless. They are in rebuilding mode but willing to trade two very young players 18 months into their NBA career just so they can take more of useless dross from Cavs.

dviss1, BonesJones and Scalma like this.
  16. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

We should take advantage :)

dviss1 likes this.
  17. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I would happily take both of them here for free. You can't really go wrong with two cheap young players for rotation, maybe one of them will develop into a solid 20-25 mpg player. Richardson is a good shooter and Labissiere has decent all around offensive game and rebounding from what I remember.

Apparently they will trade Koufos though. Makes much more sense. I also feel they only reached for Hill in free agency to trade him as soon as they can and obtain some assets, though the assets they will get from Cavs will be a very late first round pick that they will sell in 1-2 years for nothing anyway and a couple of truly terrible players, perhaps one of them on a contract longer than you'd like. They will take Shumpert who is owed $10M this season and has a player option for $11M in 2019 which he has to take because he is worth maybe $3M in open market ($19M at 2016 prices).

BonesJones likes this.
  18. BonesJones

Getting a "tweener" forward is fine when you have another "tweener" forward who can defend both positions well.

If you start Harris and Aminu together, Aminu would guard the best forward, with Harris guarding the worse. Harris isn't a horrible defender, so it'd work fine. Offensively, they'd both function well with everyone else on the floor.

Therefore, worrying about getting a "tweener" forward isn't a problem. We should actually be looking for a tweener forward.

19. BonesJones

I would love Skal Labissiere. He's as good as Vonleh with more upside. I could see that dude being a top PF off the bench in a couple years. 21 years old still, and putting up Per 36 Numbers of 17ppg and 9rpg. He has the ability to shoot from 3pt and is still putting on the weight he needs.

I'd try and trade Vonleh so we don't have to pay him this summer and then try and replace him with Skal who has two more years until he gets paid.

dviss1 likes this.
  20. BonesJones

This is actually a very smart move by Sacremento. Using cap space to get a 1st round pick, and doing it in the way where they don't take on a bunch of future salary.

If we were to trade Aminu, Cleveland would be the place to do it. They need a legit PF off the bench (Crowder at 6'6 is struggling as their "small ball 4"). They also need defense. And a shooter is always good next to LeBron.

They've also value Davis a lot. I'd be trying to swindle them into swapping that BKN pick for ours. Something like Davis, Aminu, and MIN/LALs 2nd for Shumpert and the right to swap with the BKN Pick (Top __? protected).

What do you guys think that pick would need to be protected to get CLE to accept? Ex. if it's top 5 protected, then if the BKN pick is top 5 they get to keep it and we can't swap.

While it could turn out with us giving up Davis and Aminu for essentially nothing, the reward would be greater than the risk if we could move up from something like 17 to 8 or 9. IDK. Just being creative here. We need some creativity at the deadline.