Trade deadline thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 28, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Lind and a second is not enough. Without question it needs to be a first. Av's are a young team. Those goalies are pretty much career backups. They need a legit, young goalie. Georgiev is going to bring back a ton. They don't need to trade him.

2. kreidertime

I really hope the Rangers go after Dube. Get Georgiev out of the conference unless Toronto offers up Kapanen. Dube is NHL ready and we need a guy like that. However, I would not rule them out of doing a Georgiev and Smith for Jankowski, Bennett and a first. I don't know what happened to Jankowski this year. He has 1 point but the previous 2 years he was a good role player and he's 6'4 with the ability to be a plus guy on faceoffs. Bennett, same thing. He can play mean and hit big. Let's face it. One of the main reasons our team isn't 10 games above .500 is because our 4th line fucking sucks. I don't think we would lose either guy in the expansion draft. Hank will be up as well as Staal and Smith by then for the expansion draft. I think they will try to acquire a first for Georgiev in the year of the expansion draft and give that pick to the expansion team in order to pick the player off their roster they want them to take. I saw that happen with Vegas. They made deals like that. Calgary has to take Smith in the deal. Fuck them. Calgary has been looking for a young goalie for years. They are desperate.

If we could get Jankowski and Bennett back to being 10 to 17 goal, 30 point role players they have been, it would be an enormous upgrade to our team. A 4th line of Howden, Bennett and Jankowski is 1000 times better than the horseshit we are using now. Bennett could work his way up to the third line. He plays a lot like Lemieux.

3. kreidertime

I wouldn’t be in a hurry to trade Kreider It would be much better off getting rid of that loser Buchshitnov and using Georgiev To dump Smith and use that money to sign Kreider.

4. kreidertime

Wow. If NY turned this down, Georgiev's value is through the roof.

"The Toronto Maple Leafs and New York Rangers have been negotiating for weeks and have essentially gone nowhere in talks.The two teams have been working on a deal centered around Rangers goalie, Alexandar Georgiev.

The latest offer from the Maple Leafs is believed to have included forward, Kasperi Kapanen and prospect Jeremy Bracco, but the Rangers are holding out for more, as the interest in Georgiev has spiked ever since New York has been carrying three goaltenders."

Crap. I think that I would take that. Bracco is lighting fast with a high hockey IQ and is a righty shot. Kapanen is also a righty shot and is a tough, forward who hits but has more offensive skill than Lemieux. Those two players would upgrade our forward unit a lot.

5. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

They are probably hoping that as we get closer to the deadline a goalie on a playoff team will get hurt which would send his value skyrocketing. That’s the only thing I can think of. Or they also want draft picks (which to me is a little silly because at some point you have to have guys ready to play now and can’t just keep having draft picks and waiting 2-3 years in hopes that the player selected will be good).

6. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Dump where did you read this? I’m with you, I would accept this. I’d probably even do Kapanen and a pick. Getting a guy like Kapanen would give us more freedom to trade a Buchnevich while maintaining NHL ready winger depth.

I’m also very high on Kapanen’s game. Great skater, plays the body and has pretty good offensive skill. In fact if you look back at my ideal offseason post from this summer (where I also said we should trade for Trouba and Fox, and you told me to put down the crack pipe) Kapanen is one of the other guys I wanted to target. Perhaps we’re holding out until they put Nylander on the table. I like Nylander too but watching him this year he plays a more perimeter game than I think would click with Quinn. His salary would also probably mean Kreider cant be resigned.

Speaking of Kreider since I said he’s making the decision to trade him easy he’s probably had his best month of hockey in the past 3 years. Man when he is on, he can change a game. But that’s also what makes him so infuriating as a player, because you see these stretches and wonder how it’s possible for him to disappear for such long stretches. Would he take the JVR deal, 5 yrs 7m per?

If we could trade for Kapanen, keep Kreider, and trade Buchnevich and maybe Skjei in a hockey trade for some top end talent I would be estatic.

Would EDM be interested in something around Buchnevich for Darnell Nurse? I love that kid’s game, and EDM needs some depth scoring On the wing in the worse way. They already have Klefbom on the left side of their blue line and may have trouble resigning Nurse. He’d be a perfect fit on the top pair with Trouba. Then you can deal Skjei.

Georgiev and Skjei for Nylander, or Georgiev for the Kapanen deal.
    Buch and Lias for Nurse

That’s not bad.

7. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Will be a very interesting up and coming month. And the rangers look like they may make a playoff run THIS SEASON!!

8. kreidertime

It was on Twitter. Dreger maybe. Shit, I never thought they could get a Kapanen. He's a good, tough, young player. What Andersson was supposed to be.

9. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if something happens with Georgiev over the AS break.

10. kreidertime

I wouldn't pass up Kapanen in a deal for Georgiev.

11. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Zucker to Pitt so that pretty much eliminates them from any Kreider trade, which would've cost them extra anyhow.

12. kreidertime

I would never want to see Kreider in that scumbag uniform.

13. kreidertime

That was a great return for Minnesota. If they were smart they would trade Galcrapnuk now for more picks and a prospect. Minnesota sucks and they are old. They need to do a total rebuild and draft as many prospects high up as they can.

14. kreidertime

Team sure doesn't lose much with Shesterkin in goal. Guess Georgiev will be more in play now.

15. kreidertime

They should have gone after Yamamoto with Buchnevich earlier as I said. He's breaking out now.

16. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Interesting next week and a half coming up.

17. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

6'3" 200 lb Buch is worth a lot more than the 5'8" 150 lb Yamamoto, even Glen Sather doesn't make that trade. Pavel has 7 PPG, 21 goals overall, should have 30 this year (if he could finish more breakaways 35-40) but the fact that he constantly creates chances and isn't 150 pounds makes him far more valuable. Plus he's still under contract as an RFA for another year at $3.25 .

18. kreidertime

Buchnevich has the hockey IQ of a grapefruit. I'd rather have players like Barron with size and a high hockey IQ. Yamamoto is a finisher. Buchnevich is a bumbling idiot half his games. He constantly fucks up. What the hell stats are you looking at. Buchnevich does not have 21 goals. He has 13. 3 on the PP. He couldn't score 35 goals into an open net.

19. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

They can't go smaller with Yamamoto but I agree about Barron. Buch is only 24 and has a reasonable contract but if they trade him it has to be for size/toughness.

20. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Considering what the Devils got back for Greene and Coleman I may change my mind about trading Kreider....!