Trade deadline thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 28, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Lou is a terrible GM. He sucked moose dick his last 8 years as the Devils GM. Thank God he's there. The Islanders won't do jack shit and the Rangers will fuck them in the ass for the next 15 years

mrmel29 likes this.
  2. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Dreger and Lebrun both said we are discussing Skjei to CAR for a 1st, but CAR's cap situation holding it up.

I've said I'd like to upgrade Skjei and dont mind the value, but would like to see how that hold gets filled (if the trade goes through).

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

They must be thinking Miller and/or Lundkvist will be close to ready next year.

4. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

And they can use the 5.25 mill off the books. Skjei also has a NTC that kicks in after next season. Let's see if anything gets done.

Ranger71 likes this.
  5. Ranger71

Vantanen went to Carolina. Dang.

6. RangersFan

So basic summary of DL day for us.

Lost Igor for maybe the season considering there are 5 weeks or so left (maybe he is back for 1-2 weeks). Lost Buch for maybe a couple of games. Re-signed Kreider for 7 years with an AAV of 6.5 per (up 1.875 from where it is now) and some level of NMC (not a bad deal - I think it is fine/okay). We didn't deal Fast. It is out there we are at least willing to move Skjei. The Canes improved. The Isles improved. We did nothing to improve OR help add to the future (weird limbo type day). Playoffs are now an even bigger long shot.

Great day in Rangerland...

7. kreidertime

The day was fine you whining bitch. There is no reason to make stupid deals. The off-season is an entire story. Devils are a loser organization. Same with the Islanders. Both are clueless. Neither one will do anything for 10 t0 20 years going forward. Patience. JD and Gorton know what they are doing.

8. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Skjei to Car for #1

RangersFan likes this.
  9. RangersFan

You are such an ass dude. A true piece of garbage. The Isles actually improved today. They also re-signed JGP for a very reasonable deal. Good for them.

What we did today is what it is. To me doing nothing to improve OR look to the future is dumb. We should have dealt Fast at least. Maybe tried earlier to deal Skjei. Now we just sit in limbo. Not a playoff team, and not adding anything more for the future. I don't get that stance.

10. RangersFan

Now I feel better dealing Skjei for a 1st. I would have liked a little more, maybe a prospect also, but at least we are looking to continue adding for the future, which I think starts next season - but really locks in 2 years from now when Smith/Hank/Staal are all off the books, and more kids get more time to get their feet wet.

11. theProdigy223

Chuck we didnt do nothing for the future. Resigning Kreider is as much about the next 3-4 years as it is about the here and now, if not more so. JD and JG see this team as very close, and they want Kreider to be a part of it. I agree with that mentality. Having Kreider around as this window opens and kids mature is HUGE.

EDIT: Skjei news. Wow.

RangersFan likes this.
  12. Ranger71

Holy cow Disturbed you weren't joking! And how the heck are you man?:)

13. theProdigy223

Disturbed dropping in out of nowhere to drop bombs on us.

Ranger71 and Disturbed like this.
  14. RangersFan

I also agree this team is close. I think this comes down to Kreider. If you are all right and he has turned a corner and is not going to be the disappearing for long stretches guy he has been his whole career up until the past few months, then all good. If he becomes that guy again then a 7 year deal is no good. And in 3 years we'll be in a tough spot because of it.

theProdigy223 likes this.
  15. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Still around....Now get back to arguing :)

theProdigy223 and Ranger71 like this.
  16. Ranger71

That's huge getting cap space and 4 more years of Skjei out, plus an extra 1st maybe for ammo to move our pick up. Maybe with Fast teams weren't willing to give up a 2nd.

17. theProdigy223

Even without the late Skjei news, I think today was a pretty good day. I'm glad we didnt make any panic moves and burn assets for short term gain. Like I said in another thread the moves that this team really need to make (2C and 1LD upgrades) are better as draft day moves. Let's see who is available then and what cards Gorton has to play. Right now we know Kreider is going to be a part of this team's window, and we have some more cap space and 2 1sts. This summer will be huge for us. In the meantime let the Isles and Canes have their fun and get run out of the building by BOS and WSH.

Now I should probably go do some work because I've been useless all day.

18. kreidertime

As usual. Rangersfan is a dumb fuck. He acts like Gorton and JD have no clue. In the off-season Hank, Staal and Smith all might be bought out. Though I suspect one might be dealt. When the playoffs start, there will be 4 teams that get butt fucked in the first and second round that will be stunned. Their owners will go to their GM's and wonder whey they are retarded. More deals will happen. Getting rid of Skjei was big. Things are shaping up nicely.

19. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

And also, no guarantee carolina makes the playoffs and could have a second lottery pick and wouldn't that be something for skjei. I sure hope they bring rykov up so we can get a good look at him.

20. kreidertime

Just posted. He might be hurt. He didn't play the last couple games. Maybe they sat him out because they suspected this move would happen.