Trade deadline thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

One game at a time. Those are some tall hurdles right in front of them, especially tonight with the Pens coming off an 8-4 drubbing at the hands of the Quinn-coached Rangers.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Pretty nice trade for Tampa getting Savard.

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

As long as the Islanders don't win shit I don't care. Let all these East teams piss away their future 1st rounders. It will make for an easy trip for the Rangers to go deep each year.

4. Ranger71

Columbus loading up on the 1sts. I'm surprised they got one for Foligno.

5. kreidertime

He’s a relic

6. kreidertime

Toronto has been retarded forever

7. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

Hall to the Bruins. Good deal for them as you have to think he's better than he has been playing in Buffalo this year. Didn't give up a 1st either.

8. NYR Fan

Foligno is in theory the kind of player the Leafs have been lacking, but considering he is a bit past his prime, and they had to deal a 1st for him, I don't love it for Toronto. Personally I don't trust their goalie, and I think that is maybe their biggest issue. If they don't get out of that division into the final 4 this season, I'm not sure they ever will with the core they have. Toronto is aware of that, and this trade seems to show it.

9. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hopefully we see some moves today, though any "blockbuster" i think would only happen in the summer.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

The Rangers are in no-man's land right now. They have an outside chance at making the playoffs but are still in rebuild mode. Any difference making player the Rangers need would come at a heavy price right now and would likely need to be resigned at the end of the season. They have some good assets that are likely not part of their future that they can look to move but would likely just get draft capital back in return.
    Wonder if they have a chance to move DeAngelo today?

11. NYR Fan

We'll see, but I don't think we'll do much if anything. Maybe deal some of the forward excess we have for mid-round picks to clear some playing time for Barron. Doubt we trade Smith as he's been solid on the 3rd pair, and the mid-round pick we'd get for him really isn't worth breaking up that pair. As for DeAngelo, I think Gorton only deals him in a hockey trade. Otherwise we expose him in the expansion draft, and buy him out for not much of a penalty if he is not selected.

So I don't expect much today, but we'll see. We are kind of in that neutral zone, see you this summer for our big move.

12. kreidertime

For the life of me I don't know why the dumb fuck owner of the Jackets haven't fired Torts. I knew Laine would never work there. He's totally quit on Torts. Now rumors are he might be available.

13. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I agree with you guys. Just small peripheral trades if any made today although with Jones signing and report he’ll be in lineup soon one of the d men are either going in a trade or sitting

14. Ranger71

I think 2 1sts, Robertson, Jones and Chytil is a very fair deal for Eichel or Barkov. Barkov only has a year left and is probably less than 50/50 to even stay in Florida. Even if the Rangers have to throw in a player like Hajek or Pajuniemi I'd do that.

15. NYR Fan

I do think we'll need to include Chytil or Kravtsov as the main piece, then a solid D prospect, and picks. That is fair.

16. Ranger71

Buffalo is going to be in a position, if they aren't already, where they may need to take .75c on the dollar for Eichel. Barkov i could possibly see re-upping in Florida if their cap isn't too bad but he may want a bigger stage on roster like the Rangers are putting together.

17. NYR Fan

I agree, or at least short of a mega package. Which is why I feel in no way will we have to give up Kakko or Lafreniere or even one of our true top D prospects at this point. I think we can say Schneider, Kakko, and Lafreniere are off limits and still get it done.

SaveLundy and Ranger71 like this.
  18. kreidertime

Not giving up Robertson. We badly need his size on the left side along with his shut down ability and skating.

19. NYR Fan

What's also interesting about Buffalo is, despite their poor play they haven't stockpiled picks. They only have one 1st round pick each year. They do have two 2nd's and two 3rd's this year, but that's it. And we also own their 3rd this year from the Vesey deal. Considering how bad they are, that's almost like a late 2nd. That could be a valuable pick for them to get back.

I think it will be very difficult for them to pass up Chytil or Kravtsov, a good D prospect, a 1st, their 3rd back, and one other asset (another pick or roster player or solid but not top prospect). That could be a package of 3 1st round picks depending on the D prospect and other pick/roster player.

I have believed for a while Eichel will be here this summer. We certainly have the assets to get it done and still be loaded with talented kids. We'll see if it happens.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  20. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I think u have to make sure eichel neck problem is not going to be an issue going forward before we give up anything for him

NYR Fan likes this.