Trade deadline

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 26, 2022.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

For starters if we can get Vatrano back at half cost, I'm all for it. Second, the Rangers need to stop scratching Gauthier. He has 5 goals this season. Stick with him and how about you actually go get him a center to help him finally figure it out. The guy to me is Boone Jenner. He's signed to three more years after this. He has some offense. He's a great faceoff guy. He's built for the playoffs. Columbus fucking sucks. He hurt his thumb and is out 4 weeks. I go get him right now if I'm Drury. Hajek can play in this league. Jones has potential. Kravtsov doesn't fit here. Blais might be a valuable playoff piece but he's not needed if you have Jenner. Jenner to me is easily obtainable and would be a perfect piece going forward. Send them back Kravtsov, Jones and a prospect like Berard and that should do it. He can be a third line center. A fourth line center. He's perfect.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

He's out for another 3 weeks but it's not a bad idea. Maybe they'd take Blais contract for the rest of the year if you threw in another mid-round pick. It would probably take them out of the Kane mix. Next year you would have Jenner/Gauthier/Cuylle/Goodrow which is a pretty good 4th line. Perhaps they add a cheap guy in FA too.

3. kreidertime

I've wanted Jenner here for years. I see dickhead moved Lafreniere to the 4th line. Typical Gallant. Don't hold any vets responsible for sucking ass. Keep rewarding shit vet play by giving them PP time. Sad that Gallant is actually convincing morons like Molly Walker that Lafreniere is not playing hard enough when he's not being developed by this dickhead coach. Who by the way came out and said he's not developing young players. He's trying to win. Thus why, he'll be fired soon.

4. kreidertime

This kid is going to go get himself a huge offer sheet from the Canadians. You can see this coming. It's so obvious.

5. kreidertime

Drury better wake the fuck up. Gallant needs to be ordered to permanently take Trochek off the pp. He fucking sucks on it.

6. kreidertime

I’m not giving up a first for Kane. Or any top prospect. If the want to do Kane for Blais, Jones and Kravtsov fine. That’s about it.

7. Ranger71

Wonder why they waived Brodzinski instead of Blais?

8. kreidertime

Do you really wonder that?

9. Ranger71

Yeah, i guess Drury doesn't want to admit he lost that trade.

10. kreidertime

He got a second which he traded as part of the Copp deal. I guess if they won it all last year it would have been worth it. They couldn't afford to pay Buchnevich but ultimately he should have gotten a scoring, center prospect back. I know Blais got hurt but I expected more. Kravtsov is the next euro pussy that needs to be shown the door.

11. kreidertime

Gallant certified he's a complete moron in the Post today. Stating he likes the pp personnel. This is why this guy keeps getting fired. He just doesn't get it with certain things. Anybody with a brain can see Trochek is a horrendous pp player. It's so freakin obvious.

12. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Horvat traded to the Islanders. They'll need to get hot in order to make the playoffs.

13. PorterPanzer

PorterPanzer Active Member

Wonder if the teams that fired GG have any regrets? Neither has done shit since firing him, thanks Panthers and Knights! Horvat was a good pickup by the Fishstix as they are once again floundering.

14. kreidertime

Lou has been senile for years. Horvat scored because the Caschmucks have a good offensive cast that plays no defense. Plus, he plays in the West. If Lou had any brains left he would have been a huge seller and started a quick rebuild. However, he's a moron. He whacks his old pecker to any guy that can take faceoffs and score a little. Same shit from him every year. The owners over there have zero balls. They have let that guy piss away the entire teams future.

15. kreidertime

I'd like to see the Rangers sell of some pieces that won't be here. Perhaps package Jones, Blais and Kravtsov. Go after Jenner and perhaps try to get back a second rounder. Columbus needs a PP defenseman in the worst way. Jones might be a nice piece for them over the next 4-7 years.

16. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ballsy move by Islanders with Horvat being a free agent at season's end. Belleauvier, Raaty and a top-12 pick is a huge price for a potential rental. Lou better get him to sign an extension.

17. kreidertime

Lou is a fucking moron and has been since his last 8 years in NJ. The Islanders have perfect pieces to do a quick, powerful, rebuild. Players like Nelson, Lee, Pageau and Palmieri are all pieces if the Islanders retained a little salary could have brought back very nice returns. Yet, since he's an old fuck, he puts his delusional ego of trying to win another cup ahead of what is best for the organization. He should have been fired last season. He got lucky that Covid saved his dumbass from having his team miss the playoffs his first Isles run. The second run they were very good. In Toronto he did nothing, He was just a name. That whole team was built already. He destroyed the Devils his last 8 years.

18. kreidertime

Great thing about senile Lou being the GM of the Isles is that we know they will suck dong for the next 10 years. It's the Devils and Sabres we have to worry about. Ottawa potentially as well.

19. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Good news! Only 6 more days until the next Rangers game.

mrmel29 likes this.
  20. kreidertime

If Blais plays like this, and Cuylle does what he does, 4th line would be perfect other than the center. If selling contenders aren't looking at Zac Jones they are morons. Especially, if the need a pp QB. Columbus badly does. I would think Jones and Kravtsov for Jenner is more than fair. Maybe throw in a Berard. We need another plus faceoff guy. I still think they have to trade Blais. Even if he plays like he did last night. At least get something by using him in a deal rather than lose him for nothing. Gauthier is another guy I'd be looking to steal if I was a crap team selling. Play the guy on the PP. Give him 18-20 minutes a night. Columbus fans on HF are lost on Jenner. He's valuable but he's a role player. They talk about him like he's a top 2 line player. He isn't and never has been. His game is wasted on a non playoff team. I've never understood why teams haven't swooped in and traded for Jones, Gauthier and Hajek. I've seen plenty of players on these crappy teams that aren't nearly as good or as talented as those 3 guys. I doubt Drury is going to ask for the world for any of those three. They probably could be gotten for minimal cost or packaged for a player like Jenner.