Trade Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

If we're gonna count this year too, then it will be 37 mil for ET, 7 mil for Aminu, and getting back 102 mil for Blake. So adding about 63 mil for Blake and two more years after ET's deal expires.

It's not THAT bad.

W/ regards to the CJ deal Was thinking the same at first, but I don't want to be on the hook for both Blake and Jimmy's massive max deals with Dame's coming up. I'd rather just get some sort of tax relief.

2. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

He'd be our best PF since Sheed.

3. illmatic99

If healthy, it's not even a question.

If healthy, he's worth that contract.

hoopsjock likes this.
  4. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    A true PF who gets 25 points, 8, rebounds, and 5 assists per game while having a 59.3% TS% would be a game changer. He's only missed 2 games so far this year and I believe they were both 2nd nights of a back-to-back just for rest.

Edit: Can you imagine Nurk having both Griffin and Layman cutting back door for lob passes and easy buckets?

5. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Yeah I can imagine it. I can also imagine Stotts ignoring it.

6. illmatic99

We'd have two top 15 players, and three top 30 players (nurk), and 4 top 50 players (cj) . We'd need the right strategy to maximize the fit, but that talent would be incredible. Just need to make sure Stotts doesn't turn Blake into Lamarcus and put him on the elbow or right block all game.

AmirIcon and hoopsjock like this.
  7. twobullz

twobullz Well-Known Member

Blake has averages only 44 games over a season the last 5 years. He has only played 80 or more games 3 times in 10 years. Why would you want a guy you can't depend on. His entire career he has shown his body can't hold up for a entire season. Yeah if he was healthy he would be great, but what do you do when a third of your salary cap only averages a half a season a year.

8. illmatic99

I addressed the risk earlier. But what exactly is the cost?

Would you rather have a potential shot (somewhat reasonable one too) at the conference finals? Or would you rather have ET and Aminu expire two years from now? Do we have any shot of getting anyone as good as Blake then? That's also two years of Dame's prime wasted, fwiw.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  9. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

From that list, I'd MUCH rather have Blake than Love

10. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

I can't see either Philly or Detroit doing those deals. Not even close.

It will take CJ + 1st to even sniff Blake alone.

11. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Perhaps. But I think Blake's contract will make the price significantly less. Expirings plus picks/prospects is what I think Blake will go for. We'd probably have to include Collins or Simons instead of Biggie. And a pick was implied.

No idea about PHI. I haven't been paying attention, but last I heard they were having issues with Jimmy. And with him being a FA, getting CJ for him would be a HELL of a deal for them IMO.

UKRAINEFAN, illmatic99 and hoopsjock like this.
  12. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I’d trade CJ for Blake in a second.

Labinot41 and BigGameDamian like this.
  13. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

without picking one way of the other about Portland trading for Griffin, unless the Pistons are really looking to dump Blake (are they?), the price would be more than CJ for sure. Try CJ + Zach + a 1st. Yeah I know, people are going to squawk about paying that much for an injury prone big, but this notion that the Blazers need to 'pritchslap' another team's GM into a no-brainer situation for Portland is what could be behind the Blazer inertia.

Gotta give to get, and frankly, that CJ + Zach + a 1st package isn't some really great bucket of assets. It would sting, but the only way that could be close to leveraging a player like Griffin is because of Griffin's health concerns. If he was durable, it would take Dame to get him

14. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I doubt Pistons will want to give up on Griffin already. They invested too much into getting him to go back now, they will likely want to wait until the end of this season and then see what moves they can make in the offseason before pulling the plug. If they can get a top 10 pick in the draft, sign someone decent in free agency on MLE and flip expiring Reggie Jackson for someone who fits their rotation more you could be looking at a completely different outlook for them. The issue is their roster doesn’t have anything outside Blake and Drummond now.

15. illmatic99

It's not JUST that he's injury prone. He's also got a 110 mil contract over the next 3 yrs. For a team that is barely bringing in fans to their new arena every night, that is a problem. That team is going nowhere with this core, and they have no real long term prospects either.

hoopsjock likes this.
  16. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

https://fadeawayworld.net/2019/01/1...illing-to-trade-first-round-pick-at-deadline/

Portland, too, would be willing to part with its first-rounder to add depth to a roster that badly needs help in the backcourt and on the wing. The Trail Blazers could be a player for Ross or Jonathan Simmons, too. But sources tell SN that they have expressed interest in another player expected to be made available for a first-round pick: Atlanta point guard Jeremy Lin.

It’s clear that Portland hasn’t yet given up on their Dame/McCollum tandem. They’re going all in.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  17. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

Lin doesn't put us over the top and he isn't worth 1st round pick.

TBpup likes this.
  18. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

ok now....Portland has 8 guards (counting Turner) and they have combined salaries of nearly 80M. Why the hell would Portland need help in the back court? I mean, if that was the case, somebody fucked up big time....I wonder who it was

19. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

I like how you think! Not afraid to take a good risk.

20. illmatic99

Zach Lowe on Simmons' podcast this morning said that "Portland will be very aggressive at the deadline this year."

They floated around a Marc Gasol to PDX idea before realizing that Nurk is much better. They both then said we'll make moves but not for a center. They also cited how inconsistent Aminu is and Harkless' injury concerns.

hoopsjock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.