Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Apr 28, 2018.
I would honestly try to move Holmes to a 3rd Team to acquire another pick to move up. Or that pick could go to PHI and we could get more.
I was trying to think of a move that would open up some roster spots.
Pacers get Bayless, TLC, Swanigan, Holmes and #26
Lakers get Al Jefferson (waived for only $4 million against the cap next year), PapaG (waived), and Layman (waived)
Blazers get Luol Deng, Josh Hart (Vonleh TPE), #23, 2020 1st round pick via LAL
Picks 23, 24, 38, and 56 plus rights to Bolden, Lessort, and Pasecniks
And added a 2020 1st rounder
Still not great in terms of consolidating the picks but it does clear up the roster a bunch.
I don't want to help LA become a superteam.
If we could just figure out a way to add Tobias Harris and Mikal Bridges to this roster..
I was wondering, is there anything that prevents players from coming back to the teams that they left recently via a trade in the free agency?
Let’s take Paul George. He left last year and Indiana got Oladipo and Sabonis. He is a free agent now so could come back then and join a team that is much better equipped to compete, largely because of the return they got for him.
If there’s nothing stopping that from happening I wonder why it doesn’t really happen (at least I can’t recall). Cousins going back to Sacramento or George going to Indiana right now would make sense.
Well my theory is that the Lakers won't get LeBron or PG and then do something really stupid with their cap space or save it for next year therefore making it a lottery pick again. If they are going to make a super team they can do it without much help anyway.
We need a Backup PG if Napier leaves haha. Love Dennis as a Dame backup
I like Schroeder, but thats a 15 million dollar backp
Schroeder isn't going to be happy in a backup role either.
If they decided to re-shuffle the deck....
1) CJ+Collins for Love and #8 (Miles Bridges)
2) Draft Kevin Huerter at #24
3) Aminu + Layman + 2019 MIN/LAL 2nd for Roberson
4) Delon Wright + Norman Powell for Harkless + 2019 First
5) Re-Sign Davis using portion of MLE
Mortgages the future a little but we're bigger, higher IQ and more versatile on both ends. Probably not enough to compete with HOU and GS but we get closer imo.
My early trade target: Luke Kennard
There’s vomit on his sweater already.
Can't take your BBIQ seriously when you make suggestions like this... That dude is no backup and would never accept that role.
1) I wouldn't include Collins in that trade and the 24 would have to go to the Cavs in that trade because they don't have their pick in 2019.
2) Wouldn't have the 24th pick.
3) God no, I freaking hate Roberson and would rather keep Aminu.
4) God no again, would rather have Harkless and not give up a 1st rounder next year.
5) We have the Bird Rights to Davis so we don't have to use the MLE to sign him.
A different Philly fan says if Bolden was included then it would just have to be him and Bayless. Otherwise we could have anything else between 26, 38, 39, 56, 60, rights to Lessort or Pasecniks, TLC, Holmes, or Justin Anderson.
Another guy says there is no way they'd give up a 1st round pick or anything besides 2nd rounders.
I don't know, they are all over the map. Fans typically don't like cap saving moves though. I think they could get pretty desperate if they have a chance to sign LeBron or Paul George and just need to clear the money.
I really didn't enjoy pooping all over your post as I like posts where people actually suggest realistic moves so keep posting!
1) & 2) Forgot about that. Thanks for the info. And I don't want to get rid of Collins either, but don't think we are maximizing his talents if we re-sign Nurk and could get equal or better talent at #8 plus better fit.
3) Wanted to bring in a true elite wing defender for Harden/Durant. Aminu is better against bigs and I think we need to add O skill to our front line which getting rid of Aminu opens minutes for.
4) Can agree with you on this one. Def my least favorite suggestion.
A Backup Spot is the Perfect role for schruuuuuder imo
Separate names with a comma.