Trade Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    It's unlikely to happen, because it would require Ainge unloading the guy after he's played just one game for them, and bearing in mind that he's a former college player of Stevens', but it actually kind of makes sense. It's also risky, because if Ainge WERE willing to do it, that would probably indicate that he thinks Hayward won't be the same after injury.

And even if he IS the same - is he really worth that RIDICULOUSLY huge contract? Maybe Detroit and Boston can swap Griffin and Hayward.

BBert likes this.
  2. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    This trade is not even in the realm of possibilities.

There is a better chance of LeBron signing for the Tax-MLE.

BonesJones likes this.
  3. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    There are three kinds of possibility.
    Logical possibility is the broadest. Very few things are logically impossible, and this isn't one of them.
    Narrowest is "physically possible". But even under that, this is possible. Consequently, it is, in fact, "in the realm of possibility."
    (In between those is "metaphysical possibility," as discussed by philosophers like Saul Kripke, David Lewis and Alvin Plantinga. This involves talk of "possible worlds". There is definitely a possible world where this trade happens. According to David Lewis, that world is just as real as this one.)

I don't know much about probability... but I know that's not true.

4. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Lol... Platy knows the CBA as well as anyone (except maybe HoopsJock...), he doesn't need to be told how a sign-and-trade works haha.

5. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

This 3 Team trade Sounds really good:

Philadelphia receives CJ McCollum (traded away Fultz, Bayless, and the 10th pick)

LA Clippers receive Markelle Fultz and the 24th (traded away Harris and the 13th pick)

Portland receives Tobias Harris, Jerryd Bayless the 10th pick and 13th picks. (traded away CJ McCollum and the 24th pick)

lamlor, PHXBlazer1 and Gronk Brady like this.
  6. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    and I was just adding more information to his post for anyone that might be interested. Feel free to ignore and not respond next time haha.

RickyJoe likes this.
  7. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Man fuck... C'mon bones... Why you always wanna trade for George Hill??

I think he fuckin sucks... He's killin' me in this Cavs series.

Gronk Brady, hoopsjock and RR7 like this.
  8. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

From B/R

Dallas Mavericks Get: Chandler Parsons, Evan Turner, Memphis’ No. 4 pick in 2018

Memphis Grizzlies Get: Harrison Barnes, Dallas’ 2019 first-round pick (top-10 protected in 2019, top-five protected in 2020), Portland’s No. 24 pick in 2018

Portland Trail Blazers Get: Wesley Matthews

Portland is glad to get off Evan Turner’s salary for the price of its No. 24 pick, reuniting with Matthews on a deal that expires after the 2018-19 season.

Not only would that get Portland some much-needed cap relief following the 2018-19 season (while keeping their core intact), they would also get a hard-nosed, proven “three and D” player beloved in the city of Portland. While Matthews is on the wrong side of 30 (he turns 32 in October), he has remained a productive player in three seasons with the Mavericks. He is set to make $18.6 million in the upcoming and final year of his contract.

Matthews spent five seasons in Portland from 2010-2015. The “Iron Man” has averaged over 30 minutes per game every year since his rookie season with the Utah Jazz. He averaged 12.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, and 2.7 assists for the Mavs this season in 63 games, all starts. He shot 40 percent from the field and 38 percent from distance.

9. lamlor

lamlor Well-Known Member

I like the idea, but Portland doesn't need Matthews or payroll relief as much as they need picks. If they can get payroll relief and add picks, I am all for it. They have two ways of adding talent: 1- Draft 2- Trades. They have to be real smart on what they add and losing the pick won't help them even at the relief of payroll because relief only matters if you can sign someone of use with that money which Portland has not done for years. Just my opinion.

dviss1 and BonesJones like this.
  10. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    Resigned Nurk and the 24th pick for Dray

11. BonesJones

Ehhh, he'd be better with us. Shot a very efficient percentage this year, and has been a 40% 3pt shooter the past two years. He has a super long wingspan and is a good defender so he can guard both ball spots. He's also a good ball handler and can attack the rim here and there. Plus, he's a veteran presence that we need. He's be a great 3rd guard for us. IMO we need a guard that can hit the 3, defend two guard positions well, and handle the ball, and he's the only one that could be available that can do that.

12. BonesJones

Lmao...

Why would Golden State do that? What...

hoopsjock likes this.
  13. BonesJones

Exactly, we can't lose an asset to help payroll.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  14. hoopsjock

hoopsjock Well-Known Member

Business Owner
    Yeah, this is the same trade we've talked about (from our end) of Turner and 24 for Wes. This is a no from me unless the pick isn't involved.

15. lamlor

lamlor Well-Known Member

Thank you. If we want to just do a 5 year rebuild, then dump away, but if we really are trying to contend then we need assets. We need more assets. CJ gives us are only true way of getting an asset(s) worth building with. I am not an Olshey fan so I am not holding my breath on anything.

BBert and BonesJones like this.
  16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I've seen him his whole career. He's an ok defender. I wouldn't call him good. That Cavaliers team is itching for a consistent 2nd/3rd scorer and he ain't it. He's passive. And fuck passive. We can get a cheaper, younger, better George Hill in the Draft.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    hoopsjock likes this.
  17. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I’m on the record that Wes Matthews is my favorite blazer ever (don’t take that wrong I know he isn’t close to the best ever). I think part of why I dislike NO is how disrespectful he was towards Matthews on the way out, no call, nothing just silence.
    Matthews to me played / plays the game of basketball the way it’s meant to be playe, passion and energy on both sides of the ball, doesn’t feel the need to show boat, just balls and puts everything he has into every play. Even if he’s not what he used to be, I’d have a huge smile on my face to see him in Blazer uniform again.

dviss1 likes this.
  18. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

I don’t think we need picks, I think we need guys who are seasoned Playoffs vets. Look at every nba team left... each one has a good number of guys with deep playoff experience on them.

riverman and dviss1 like this.
  19. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

The only way this team will ever get competitive and have realistic shot at winning (and by this I mean winning in the postseason and getting to conference finals at least) is if we somehow get lucky and draft a ready now player that everybody else slept on. We are not going to get top draft picks to get another Simmons or Towns but we have a slim chance of getting someone like Booker or Mitchell.

We don’t have assets to go after a star player and I don’t buy into the idea that getting more 28-30 year olds who have been average for their entire career (Courtney Lee, Thad Young, Trevor Booker etc., the kind of players people wanted us to trade our picks for last year) will move the needle. It would make a difference in a league with no super teams but we are in a league with Warriors, Rockets and Celtics (Sixers too soon) who have so much to throw at us that having Lillard, CJ and a bunch of average players will never get us far.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    BBert and tester551 like this.
  20. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I heard Wizards rumored as one of the teams interested in Nurkic. They can’t offer him more than MLE because they are in cap hell, however we could do a sign and trade deal that would facilitate this move.

Would you do Otto Porter for Nurkic in a sign and trade? Nurk is probably going to make much less than him so it would save Washington some money and we would get a competent wing that could help our scoring, albeit a very expensive one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.