Trade Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I wonder why Morey seems to think either Dame or Beal could be available. Is it a hunch based on all the rumors or has he been tipped off by an agent or GM that 1 of the 2 will be available?

Buffalo Custard likes this.
  2. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I heard that and I didn't believe it at all. My guess is that Smith pulled it out of his ass or it was either Morey or an agent trying to prime a pump and inflate Philly's leverage

I remain unconvinced that Olshey will ever trade CJ. I'll gladly eat crow if he does

BoomChakaLaka likes this.
  3. wizenheimer

could easily be a Morey pipedream

but it also could be based upon stuff Olshey has said to Morey...aren't they supposedly friends?

4. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking maybe Olshey himself or an agent.

5. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

I've linked you to the one report the few times you've asked this. If you don't like the source, that's fine. But it seems more like you dismiss it because it doesn't fit your narrative.
    There's been other brief mentions in random articles of that generically being our offer, but Philly wants dame.
    And now we have another saying they'd potentially be interested in a 1 for 1, which could only be 1 player.
    It's not like woj is going to say portland is offering CJ, if that's what you're waiting for.

BonesJones likes this.
  6. wizenheimer

I don't remember the link...?

and I did mention the one-for-one

7. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

except the report didn’t include might. Quick straight up said that’s what they’re interested in. Add Woj’ report of their interest and it’s pretty easy to conclude what the offer is.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  8. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

And Ryen Russilo said that the CJ swap is there for Morey whenever he wants it on a podcast last week.

9. wizenheimer

if that's true it will be interesting to see what Simmons is eventually traded for, and yeah, I'm assuming he'll be traded sometime before the deadline

which reminds me....has anyone confirmed if Portland could arbitrarily remove the protections on the 2022 pick they traded to Cleveland? or would Cleveland have to consent to the change?

10. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

It's Chicago that has our pick. We can't do it on our own, they would have to consent. However, I imagine that would be a pretty easy conversation withthem, because they traded away their 2023 pick already. SO if they wanted to make a trade in season this year to compete, they wouldn't be able to offer up their own first round pick, since ours isn't guaranteed to convey. Would give them a lot more flexibility if we guaranteed it.

wizenheimer likes this.
  11. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

Chicago has the pick - not Cleveland.... but I believe they can change the protections (to be more liberal) unilaterally.

wizenheimer likes this.
  12. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

what is that jabroni waiting for no one is gonna view that as an L I’m even hesitant on making that deal as a blazer fan

Buffalo Custard likes this.
  13. illmatic99

Rumor this morning is LeVert being offered in Simmons trades....

upload_2021-10-5_10-8-39.png

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  14. Buffalo Custard

Buffalo Custard Well-Known Member

Maybe I am being too sentimental, but I would like to see Sabonis in a Blazer uniform. You would likely have to have a 2nd deal to move Nurk, as I doubt he would work well with Sabonis or be happy about the situation. Maybe bring in a stretch big?

15. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I like the trade machine, but how they compute plus/minus on wins/losses is silly. So this trade has Simmons going to the Pacers with Curry and the wins are +1. When you do a CJ for Simmons, the Blazers are like minus 7. So Seth Curry is worth + 8?

16. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Trade CJ for Sabonis? Instead of getting a wing in a CJ deal to help our positional rotations this actually makes the rotation much worse.

I agree there would need to be another deal to move Nurk. I couldn't find any teams that makes sense, they either dont need a center or don't need a veteran as they are rebuilding.

Even without the positional concerns I prefer CJ over Sabonis.

17. wizenheimer

Sabonis is a 2-time all-star who averaged 20 points, 12 rebs, & 7 assists last season, and he's a couple of years younger than Nurkic. He's clearly better than CJ. He's got a bargain contract for an all-star, but maybe not as big a bargain for a C

problem is I don't know how much trade value Nurkic has, and the Blazers would definitely need to move Nurkic

Buffalo Custard and illmatic99 like this.
  18. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I do think we could find a trade partner if we put Nurk on the block but that doesn't need to be done. As he showed last night he is capable of and probably going to space the court in the same way Brook Lopez does for the Bucks (he'll shoot 4 a game and make one or two keeping defenses from leaving him when he drifts outside). That actually makes it so he could definitely coexist with Simmons. So again, if that trade can be made (CJ+ for Simmons) then that is the trade to make.

illmatic99 and GoBlazersGo like this.
  19. illmatic99

does this framework (picks yet to be included) make sense? Raptors have a glut of 3/4 swing dudes and only Boucher as their C (who yet again, got injured). Plus we now have a history of trading our FAs to Toronto (albeit without bird rights this time). I'd much rather have Simmons, but this is intriguing to me.

upload_2021-10-5_12-17-23.png

dame/powell/roco/OG/sabonis

20. illmatic99

The one on ESPN is bit more realistic as it uses PER. This one from fanspo uses total minutes played last year and is skewed heavily in cases where guys miss substantial amount of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.