Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blazerkor, Jan 17, 2023.

1. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Go for Siakam, if can't get him go for Jalen McDaniels of Charlotte.

2. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

I think Kyle Kuzma would be a great addition as well.

1 Eye Jack and blazerkor like this.
  3. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Yuck to both of those. Maybe if Duarte gets routed to another team for different value?

blazerkor and CJ_is_Gone like this.
  4. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I don't think that's accurate, at least not technically

Portland owes Chicago a 1st. The Portland 1st round pick(s) are lottery protected thru 2028. Meaning that 2030 is the earliest a pick can be traded, but since that's beyond the 7 year restriction, all of Portland's available picks are encumbered (for larry nance....geeeezuz)

however, Marks said "two years after the pick is conveyed", which is inaccurate. As soon as the pick is conveyed, all of Portland's future 1sts are unencumbered and available for trade. They could convey the first, on draft day in June, after making the playoffs, and the evening of the draft could trade any first they wanted. No 2 year wait. Marks probably was talking about the period of time between when Portland qualified for the playoffs and the draft itself

5. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get into BGD's opinion. Trade for Derozen, get our pick back from CHI. Is that possible?

Propagandist and BigGameDamian like this.
  6. CJ_is_Gone

CJ_is_Gone Well-Known Member

Agreed. Both of these are terrible.

7. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Not to mention that the protection can be changed and if we were taking it off completely the Bulls would likely take cash or just a second rounder to let us do that. At this point that would be a big gamble and I would think we'd only do it if we were landing a superstar with the picks and swaps we would be freeing up.

8. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Some random trade/state of team thoughts...

Barring a huge trade, like a Siakim or something, we're not title contenders this season. Buying mediocre role players with picks, the Olshey special, to fight for the 4 or 5 seed doesn't make a ton of sense to me. If the price is cheap, sure add some vet role players.

Dame can't be traded this season. Regardless of anyone clamoring for a rebuild, I'm working on the assumption that Dame will not be moved at all. That doesn't mean every deal has to be an all in win now deal. I think we'd benefit from a 1 step back to hopefully make 2 steps forward sort of deadline approach, personally.

Hart can opt out and become a free agent after the season. He likely wants a raise. Do we want to be the ones who give it to him? What's his ideal role? What contenders would trade for him?

Grant's eligible for a 4/112 extension. I think that's the extent of what I would offer him. If he gives any indication that he won't sign for that amount, I'd prefer looking to trade him as well, as opposed to losing him for nothing.

We don't have a Nurk replacement on board. When Nurk is on, he's a great piece. His inconsistency makes it difficult to know what you might get game to game, which is frustrating, and likely why him and Ant are often the team scapegoats. I don't know what teams out there would be looking for a C, but it's worth looking in to. The Dame friendship is tough to navigate, I imagine, but wouldn't be the first time we've traded away a friend of Dame's. At the end of the day, it's a business, and he knows that.

If we're floundering by the break, I think a decent option could be moving those 3 for as many assets as we could acquire, with the goal of turning those around in to a big trade in the offseason. Maybe those assets land you Siakim, or Anunoby, or the next star that wants out.

9. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

A few random ideas to throw out,

Hart and Winslow to GS for Wiseman and Kumnga?
    Hart to Memphis for one of their young guys, Aldama, Ziaire Williams?
    Grant to Indiana for the Boston and Cleveland '23 picks?
    Grant to Sacramento for Barnes and their pick?
    Grant to Dallas for future picks?

10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Again, the biggest issue with Nurk is he isn't being utilized correctly. He shouldn't be stand at the arc waiting to shoot threes. He needs to be banging inside and being a beast.

I don't know if it's Chauncey not knowing how to use him (He needs to use him Ben Wallace style...he should be familiar with that) or if it's that he is afraid of breaking his leg again or just can't beast like he used too.

11. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Does anyone have any concerns that OG might not be as good a defender outside of Toronto's system?

Powell seemed to look a lot worse once he left the Raptors.

12. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Nurk averages the 6th most post ups per game of all NBA players. He shoots 47% on those post ups, which isn't good. He's got the highest TO% of any player that posts up 3 or more times a game. He turns it over twice as often as he creates an assist. He's got the lowest pass %(times he passes out of the post) of anyone with 3 or more post ups per game.
    I don't know if throwing him on the block is really what we want out of him.

13. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
    Dallas has to give Luka something. They should be a target of Cronin.

RR7 likes this.
  14. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

This trade idea is to give us more length. up front and a guy that can block shots, & shoot threes.

Hart for Boucher

15. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    KJ Martin or bust

16. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

It seems like Boucher's season from 2 years ago is more of an outlier. Can't crack 30% shooting from 3s, and block percentage is half what it was

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  17. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

shams https://theathletic.com/4103918/2023/01/18/wizards-rui-hachimura-trade-options/

The Washington Wizards have begun trade discussions with multiple teams centered on fourth-year forward Rui Hachimura, The Athletic has learned from league sources.

Hachimura, who is set to become a restricted free agent in July, has drawn interest from several Western Conference teams in need of scoring, league sources said.

The Wizards also have received interest from multiple teams on potential deals involving star forward Kyle Kuzma, but moving Hachimura would reduce a logjam at the forward spots and place the franchise in a better position financially to focus on re-signing Kuzma and potentially re-sign Kristaps Porziņģis in the offseason. As usual ahead of the trade deadline, the Wizards are keeping their options open on several fronts, including the possibility of playing this all out in the offseason.

18. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Hart I believe can walk after the season and Boucher could revive his game with Dame? Just an idea

19. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think those threes were a lot easier to make when he was being set up by Kyle Lowry.

20. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

upload_2023-1-18_11-34-39.png

Cugel likes this.