Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blazerkor, Jan 17, 2023.

1. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Suggs might have Billups syndrome where he needs to bounce around for a minute until he figures shit out

blazerkor likes this.
  2. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Still thinking of working with Charlotte and Orlando but thinking now if we can't get Siakam with Simons and picks, then we should keep Simons and add some length and agility. Try to get Bamba, Vanderbilt and Jalen McDaniels.
    (to be continued)

1 Eye Jack likes this.
  3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Simons and Dame are a fucking nightmare defensively.

4. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    OG would solve so many issues - especially on this end

5. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    You rang?

Fez Hammersticks likes this.
  6. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Apparently so are the ones trying to guard them.

BBert and wizenheimer like this.
  7. blazerkor

This is the craziest shit I've ever gone through as a sports fan. This shit was all being said about Dame and CJ... nonstop for 3 years from most of you and all fucking six years from some.

8. UKRAINEFAN

un-retired
    Much prefer Isaac to Bamba but they have waited two years for this guy and he at least looks good in his first five games. I think they will wait and see if he can sustain it.
    Anyway: Nurk to Charlotte, Oubre's expiring and Little to Orlando, Bamba and McDaniels to Portland.
    Why does Charlotte do it? They won't have a center since Plumlee will be a free agent. Jordan seems averse tototally blowing it up and maybe he likes Nurk? McDaniels also will be free agent and my impression is he doesn't want to sign with Charlotte.
    Orlando does it because they have too many bigs and hopefully don't realize Little's 3 pt shooting is probably a mirage. Maybe they like Oubre and think having him for half a season will make him want to sign there.
    Obviously would have to be a second trade for Vanderbilt.
    To tell the truth I'm not feeling very optimistic tonight about trade prospects.

PtldPlatypus likes this.
  9. UKRAINEFAN

un-retired
    I know. And if somehow we could get Siakam, do it. But for anyone else, I would just rather keep Simons. Although if Isaac proved himelf healthy for the rest of the season, would consider trading for him in the summer, Simons included of course.

10. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I have to say I think you're talking yourself into some major disappointment at the trade deadline

not necessarily because your analysis of issues is wrong. But because your valuation of Blazer players is off by quite a bit. Simons is a good player, but the very reasons you want him traded are the reasons his value isn't as high as you imagine. A 6'3 guard with non-all-star talent who plays shitty defense and can't be a wing has limited value, and an even more limited market. And a wildly inconsistent, traditional, C who can't play on the perimeter, with a 3-year/18M year contract, and an extensive injury history might not even have positive value

Hart seems to be the most desired asset, but in the last 6 games (and teams are paying attention right now) he's gone 1-15 on three's. Not a good look for a 'shooting' forward

finally add the fact that Portland has no encumbered 1st round picks, and and only one 2nd round pick before 2027 and the Blazers are kind of fucked for making any trajectory altering trades

11. blazerkor

Nah, when you read anyone say that Ant is "untouchable" you ready yourself for a repeat of the past. I don't give a fuck what we get for Ant, I think we can get a role playing forward with defense and that's all I want. I think Ant is holding Sharpe back and sabotaging our defense. I hope we get as much as we can for Nurk and Ant because they simply are far worse either in Chauncey's system or next to Dame than they would be elsewhere and we maximize what we can get for Josh. If it's in a package that's cool if it's just pieces that balance the roster and help us move into the off season with a better understanding of what we need so be it.

I hold out hope that we will trade Ant and Nurk but I won't throw a fit if they're both here this time next week, I will levy criticism but not throw any kind of a fit. After the deadline I will just hope we can make the most of what we have that we can because Dame is playing as well as anyone else in the league.

12. robe

robe Member

If you kick Hart out of this team, who is going to clean your boards, Chris Craig?;)

Chris Craig likes this.
  13. Pinwheel1

I guess I have missed all the posts that say Ant is "Untouchable". And I am not sure how you can say anyone is holding Sharpe back and that it is sabotaging our defense. The kid is getting regular minutes and is coming along nicely but his defense is not there just yet either. Not "giving a fuck" who we trade Ant for is idiotic, but I know you are smarter than that so I will just assume that you were frustrated last night, and had a few too many.......I know I did.

RR7 likes this.
  14. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Hey, CC can clean the glass with the best of them. He's a MF with a windex bottle.

Chris Craig likes this.
  15. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

tell me this doesn't look like CC

upload_2023-2-5_8-53-16.jpeg

16. blazerkor

I guess you did, there were a bunch of posts about Chris Haynes saying that his understanding is that Ant is seen as untouchable by the organization... obviously you can give that as much value as you want to. I was just saying that when I heard that I prepared myself for the disappointment that our team very likely will continue with Dame/Ant even though they're a bad combo.

When I said that I don't give a fuck who we get in return for Ant I was frustrated but it was also in response to @wizenheimer saying I expect too much back in a trade for Ant and I don't have expectations like a specific target, just that we get some value back and whatever that is, it fits the criteria that it is complementary to the rest of the roster (Dame first and foremost) and works in Chauncey's system. I don't expect a current or future superstar, I don't even necessarily expect an upgrade in talent but maybe a small downgrade in talent that is a big upgrade in fit.

17. Ripcity4life77

Ripcity4life77 Well-Known Member

Here is the thing -- IF your going to build around let's say an Dame / Ant and Sharpe with Grant you need role players to make up for the weaknesses of that back court and the Blazers do not / have not in the past like when it was Dame and CJ and such. The team on paper looks like it should be a Top 5 in the west team BUT this team does not fit together right now to be a good offense and good defensive unit it's like all O and little to no D. The fans might not want to hear it but this season is kind of lost in terms it might make the playoffs and maybe even make a little noise but at best it's a 2nd round and out and worst just misses the playoffs and for a team saying it wants to get Dame a ring NOT good enough. The team needs to do the following between the deadline and the start of next season IF it has any hope of really building this into a contender with Dame at the helm.

1) Trade Nurk -- He is not a fit for this team anymore get a center who can do the following - get the team 8 to 10 points per game and 6 to 8 rebounds and 1 to 1.5 blocks per game ala they need someone like a Joel Przybilla someone who can score a little and be a bulldog in the paint and protect it a little too.

2) Trade Hart -- He again on paper looks like he should help this team but in reality for some reason he is not and the fact he has bounced around like he has makes you wonder how much of a building block he really can be cause IF he was what some fans think he is then there would not be a moving truck outside of his residence on EVERY team he has played for at this point.

3) Trade Little (maybe ) --- He is an asset that still might be good but I think the ship has sailed on him being a star player so IF him being traded can land you a better fit for THIS team then you have to consider trading him plain and simple.

4) Play Sharpe MORE --- Make sure Sharpe is getting 25 to 30 minutes every game and let him loose so we can see him grow and we can see his flaws and we can see how he adjusts to this all and in that we and the team will get an idea IF he really is the man and player who might replace Dame as the guy on this team in 3 to 5 years OR a piece that can be used in a trade but either way we all need to know sooner rather then later.

5) Other things --- Is Billups and / or this staff enough to help this team grow or does it need to make changes either at the head of the bench or on the other staff like bringing in a more defensive minded coach or something.

Last thing IF this team cannot do this stuff or something like it then maybe the last thing we all want HAS to happen and I hate to even say it cause he is the heart of this franchise and beloved by most but MAYBE it has to be explored and that is -- Trade Dame

18. Pinwheel1

if you trade Nurk, Hart, and Little, I would assume/hope we get a player back that would still keep Sharpe around 17 minutes per game.

19. blazerkor

There might be swaps that Toronto would need or protections on any of the picks but I think we could get these three deals done and be a contender this season.
    upload_2023-2-5_10-44-0.png
    upload_2023-2-5_10-44-18.png
    upload_2023-2-5_10-44-52.png

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  20. UKRAINEFAN

un-retired
    Those are the guys we need for sure. Who knows what Toronto wants to do? And do you think Miami would give up 2 FRP just to get rid of Robinson's contract?