Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blazerkor, Jan 17, 2023.

1. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

It's not only to get rid of Robinson's contract but there have been several reports that they are very interested in Josh. They get the guy they want and get rid of the contract they don't. Orlando gets two FRPs for guys that have both have a couple of young guys playing in front of them and because most of there team is just starting on rookie deals a bad contract isn't really going to hurt them.

2. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

It seems to me that Toronto, who seems like they want to go young and who already has OG, Boucher, Achiuwa, and Barnes.....that they might want to dump the contracts of either Otto Porter or Thad Young instead of Koloko. So maybe Nurk, Ant, and filler for Siakam. I would much rather have Koloko but that might be too much.

3. 1 Eye Jack

1 Eye Jack Well-Known Member

Vice President for Display company
    My problem is if you give up Simons then we just create a new problem. Simons offense takes a ton of pressure off Dame and 3pt shooting seems to be huge key to winning in todays NBA. Unless you’re getting a superstar in the deal Simons should be off the table. That leaves Sharpe as your key piece in any big trade. Makes me sick to even think about trading him if we do we better get a difference maker back better than Dale Davis

BBert and RR7 like this.
  4. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I really think that Jerami could be a more effective pressure release valve than Ant... I don't think OG is ultimately the answer to our problems but if Ant got us OG without giving up any draft assets, we could still move Nurk, Hart and all of our picks for a second star maybe have to include GP2 to match salaries.

5. sheed30

sheed30 Well-Known Member

Ant for OG is a bad trade, you don't trade Ant unless you can get a star player.

Nurk, Hart, and all our picks won't get us a star. Wishful thinking

6. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Can we get Mikal Bridges?

I know, I know - why would the Nets give up the centerpiece of their Durant trade? Well, because he was just the best player they could get from the Suns, but they'd actually like another player more? I mean, if we're creaming our jeans over O.G. Anunoby - isn't Bridges better at just about everything, as well as being an iron man where Anunoby is always injured? And can't you see Anfernee scoring in bunches for the Nets?

Of course, the Nets already have Cam Thomas, who is another undersized gunner in the Anfernee mold, so that's a problem. But trading Anfernee for Bridges is at least more likely now than it was when he was on the Suns, and it would balance up our team perfectly (and make me feel better after that stupid Josh Hart trade, and that's the main concern the GM should have).

7. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
  8. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'

Nice merge, thread police. I bet I can guess which mod it was.

9. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Nope, you guessed wrong.

10. PtldPlatypus

If this is correct, I would say that no, we cannot.

11. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    Alternatively, I would seriously be interested in Cam Johnson. So far we've only acquired the least Cam. (If the Nets did that trade, then Johnson would go from being the second Cam on one team to the second Cam on another.)

What would people think about a Nas for Cam Johnson trade? We get bigger (Johnson was starting at PF for them last year, right?), the Nets get three years younger and a player who was much more hyped coming out of college, as well as a player who's signed long term with a very reasonable contract.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  12. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    1. "up to"
    2. Different teams value different players differently. Maybe (MAYBE) the Nets value Anfernee at "up to" 3 FR picks too.

Yeah, doesn't seem likely, but a man can dream. I mean, if you were an expansion team (and the Nets essentially are right now), wouldn't you go for Anfernee over Bridges? I mean, Bridges is obviously BETTER, but he's not better at scoring-in-bunches and looking spectacular. Bridges is essentially an elite role player, whereas Anfernee is a poor man's star.

Sidenote: if I were the Thunder, sitting on approximately 6 squillion picks, I'd be seriously tempted to swoop in for Mikal. Hell, offer 4 picks, why not?

PtldPlatypus likes this.
  13. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    upload_2023-2-9_10-59-12.gif

14. PtldPlatypus

If I were the Nets, I would be satisfied with my backcourt scoring ability with Thomas and Dinwiddie, and wouldn't have any inclination to add Simons.

I do agree with you that the Thunder would be wise to start investing their picks in young talent like Bridges.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  15. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    I just looked him up on the EPM ranking and he's 25th IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE (by contrast, Mikal Bridges is 80th). Now I'm going to be mad when we don't get him.

upload_2023-2-9_11-51-0.png

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  16. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    Just saw a trade proposal, Ant/Sharpe/2025 1st for Mikal Bridges. Yay or nay?

17. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Nay

BBert likes this.
  18. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Nope. That's too steep for a guy who isn't a star yet.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  19. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

Ant + a first, yes, for sure. Adding Sharpe kills it for me and yeah, I understand that Sharpe might not ever put it all together

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  20. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

Dame didn't need Simons around to score 71...

anyway, maybe it's just semantics and a subjective definition of "superstar", but the idea Portland Simons should be "off the table for anybody but a superstar" seems insane to me. Dame is a superstar; guys like Simons and CJ are at least a couple of tiers below superstar level. Superstar is a pretty exclusive club

Siakam isn't a superstar but if the Blazers could upgrade from Ant to Siakam they'be be fools not to. Mikal Bridges isn't even an all-star, yet, but it would be a slam-dunk to trade Ant for Bridges. Ant for Jrue? yes please. Same with Myles Turner; or Jaren Jackson; or even possibly OG. Malcolm Brogdon? Anthony Edwards? Tyler Herro?

again. maybe this is just semantics

blazerkor and BBert like this.