Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blazerkor, Jan 17, 2023.

1. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I mean if our goal is to keep our pick from Chicago this year that’s probably a good idea to stand pat because it’s looking more and more like we’ll land in the lottery.

2. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    And how did McDaniels of the Hornets do tonight after 26 points the night before? 6 for 11, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 5 steals and a block, Best plus minus on the team of +13

3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I don't know what this is supposed to mean. Hopefully it means that this guy knows how to continue to produce for his team when his three point shot isn't falling. Missing 5 threes but making all 6 of your twos while getting 5 steals and a block is a pretty great night when your shot isn't falling from distance.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

We don't need bench scrubs and lateral moves.

That's not going to get us closer to contending.

RR7 likes this.
  5. blazerkor

I know that Haynes has sources in our organization but I don't think Joe is the type to tip his hand, if anything Joe may have had offers for Ant that he's trying to push higher by leaking this smoke screen.

Or we will find out at or sometime a little afternoon on 2/9 that Joe like Neil is not good at pivoting when he needs to. If this roster isn't changed at all by the trade deadline, Dame should be incensed. Dude should have smoke coming out of his ears if we still have the lack of length and misfitting pieces we do today, for the rest of the season.

cheesehoff likes this.
  6. blazerkor

We do need major moves that get us closer to contending but we also need our bench to get a lot better and have some playable depth in the post.

7. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I would prepare yourself mentally for no changes. Maybe trade Hart and that's it.

Cugel and CJ_is_Gone like this.
  8. CJ_is_Gone

CJ_is_Gone Well-Known Member

Agreed on the no change.

Disagree on moving Hart. I would say Winslow is the most likely to be moved.

9. blazerkor

Like I said if the afternoon of the ninth rolls around and we've stood pat with the lack of size/length and the still horrible fit in the back court next to Dame... I won't be surprised, I'll simply know that Joe doesn't have the ability to make moves at the time they are needed... I'll also start fearing that like Olshey he falls in love with his guys and can't see their weaknesses and how badly they fit together.

It won't be surprising if we don't make the major moves we need to make it will just be disheartening and make me worried that the rest of Dame's career will be locked in with an undersized score first guard playing next to him who lacks defense. That fucking shit is a nightmare. When I see Ant playing just like CJ and I see Dame taking turns with him, just like CJ... it makes me sick.

Cugel likes this.
  10. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

The Blazers goal is just to be mediocre with help from a superstar to put butts in seats. Just to let you guys know that Dame will be 33 years old in July.

11. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

more than 5 years younger than Chris Paul and Lebron. Less than a year older than Kawhi. Younger than Paul George. Two years younger than Durant. 2.3 years younger than Curry. A year younger than Derozan

blazerkor likes this.
  12. MickZagger

UPS
    Sounds like someone who knows they are going SELL

Natebishop3 likes this.
  13. MickZagger

UPS
    Most of whom have been on teams that have competed for something much more recently than Lillard

14. Freshtown

Freshtown Well-Known Member

so CJ part 2.

Cugel likes this.
  15. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
  16. blazerkor

I just hope against my better judgment that Joe is a helluva lot smarter than Neil and he is trying to push teams who have shown interest in Ant with a media smokescreen (wouldn't be the first GM to have done this).

HoopsFanAZ likes this.
  17. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

Haynes left Portland several years ago. I doubt he has any real connections left with Blazer management. Seems like his only real connection is with Dame. So I'm really skeptical about his assertion

but if Portland is making Ant untouchable they are fucking up all over again, and even worse than before

Cugel, BigGameDamian and blazerkor like this.
  18. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

That's in line with the last I had seen, as well, but no one in the organization seemed to want to talk about whatever it was.

Things like that aren't usually one-and-done situations. I suppose the West Coast is a few hours closer to his parents, but I wouldn't want to invest much time or money into basically the professional equivalent of someone looking to enter the transfer portal.

19. blazerkor

The only reason you should make Ant even kind of untouchable is if you've decided that you don't have the ability to get to where you want to with Dame and you're planning on featuring him this season and moving him for value in the off season. Then I could see you not wanting to touch your future back court of Ant and Shae.

I don't want that to be the case, I don't think that's the case. I'm keeping an open mind that Joe won't repeat the same mistakes he saw being made in the past. I am not expecting it but I'm hoping Ant is moved by the trade deadline.

Cugel likes this.
  20. Predator

Predator The Godfather

I’m sure the fact that he played for the Zags doesn’t make you bias.. at all… towards him