Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by hagrid, May 15, 2004.

1. Cap'n Ken

Cap'n Ken JBB JustBBall Member

Celtics should get Rasheed Wallace!

2. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

i do'nt think they have enough caproom, if you were even serious.

3. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I know how everybody likes and wants complete players, but this team is in serious need of one more than others, the other teams, ones that are particularly top tier can do with great guys they get from trades for bench use. This team however needs a serious playmaker.

Pierce and Davis have been playing well for you, I know he's gone but I don't really know why you gave him away and that he wouldn't fit the role of offense, but Battie would do great. Getting your hands on Battier would do as well, his hustle would just make morale better.

Lastly one good prospect that I heard from my Dad, Malik Rose. He has such effort and hustle and on a team like that where he could do things on a larger scale, he'd pull it off.

4. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Cap'n Ken:</div><div class="quote_post">Celtics should get Rasheed Wallace!</div>
    I'm pretty sure Rasheed is going to sign with New York. He already said so.

5. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Okur would be good to have, but I think the Celtics should try to put re-signing Mark Bryant as their top priority. It's better to have someone who knows the system play for you than someone who is not acclimated to the coach's style and new teammates. Also, Okur has mentioned that he looks forward to staying in Detroit, and I think the Pistons are willing to let Rasheed Wallace go and start Okur at PF.</div>

It's Mark Blount, but anyway, I don't think the Celtics really want to keep him. With Lafrentz probably playing next season, Blount isn't needed. And Ainge should know better than to overpay for an average Center with has bad hands.

6. Cap'n Ken

Cap'n Ken JBB JustBBall Member

Trip was talking about Mark Bryant not Mark Blount. If you are a Celtics fan you should know Mark Bryant from last year.

7. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Cap'n Ken:</div><div class="quote_post">Trip was talking about Mark Bryant not Mark Blount. If you are a Celtics fan you should know Mark Bryant from last year.</div>

Why would the Celtics want to sign Mark Bryant a slow, old, PF who hasn't played since the the Celtics playoff series last season against Indiana, who's best season average in points is 9. I think Trip mixed up Mark Bryant and Mark Blount.

8. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would the Celtics want to sign Mark Bryant a slow, old, PF who hasn't played since the the Celtics playoff series last season against Indiana, who's best season average in points is 9. I think Trip mixed up Mark Bryant and Mark Blount.</div>
    You're right. For 2 days I thought that it was Bryant. Sorry about that.

9. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">You're right. For 2 days I thought that it was Bryant. Sorry about that.</div>

It's alright, similar names, both Celtics, it happens [​IMG]

10. J2X_

J2X_ JBB JustBBall Member

I think that the celtics should trade Walter MCarty for Gerald Wallace of the Kings. Wallace never plays and he has incredible athletic ability. I think if he played for Boston, he would evolve into a star quick. I also think we should trade pierce and jiri for a superstar thats efficient, unlike pierce.

11. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

The last 2 years were Pierce's worst shooting seasons, and thats only because he got doubled a lot more, and didn't have as well as a supporting cast. Every season before that he was in the 44-45 percentile for shooting. He is an efficient player, and is the C's franchise player. I think that trading Pierce should never happen, what should happen is they should acquire players that will support him. They will build around him, which is the right thing to do

12. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting J2X_:</div><div class="quote_post">I think that the celtics should trade Walter MCarty for Gerald Wallace of the Kings. Wallace never plays and he has incredible athletic ability. I think if he played for Boston, he would evolve into a star quick. I also think we should trade pierce and jiri for a superstar thats efficient, unlike pierce.</div>
    What makes you think Sacramento would trade a young player full of potential for an aging veteran who will be a FA this offseason? Also, how is Pierce not efficient?

13. J2X_

J2X_ JBB JustBBall Member

pierce cant do good without an antoine figure by his side, when tmac is down there pullin 30 point games every night when double teamed. kings dont use wallace, im not sayin that celtics should trade only walter, i just think that the celtics should pick wallace up for someone.

14. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">pierce cant do good without an antoine figure by his side, when tmac is down there pullin 30 point games every night when double teamed</div>

Bad example, because unless it's escaped your attention, while TMac is down there pullin 30 point games, THEIR TEAM IS LOSING EVERY NIGHT! Orlando doesn't have the first pick in the lottery this year for nothing. [​IMG]

15. Van Exel

Van Exel JBB JustBBall Member

If Kenyon Martin is likely to leave New Jersey cause of free agency, we should keep an eye on him. Danny Ainge wants young, athletic guys right?

16. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Van Exel:</div><div class="quote_post">If Kenyon Martin is likely to leave New Jersey cause of free agency, we should keep an eye on him. Danny Ainge wants young, athletic guys right?</div>

If K-Mart is who you're after you should then also consider, one, Elton Brand.

17. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

The issue with both KMart and Brand isn't that we couldn't use them, but rather that we can't afford them.

Unless Dannyboy clears cap space or the owners give him permission to exceed the cap(and they should, considering they're raising ticket prices again), then trades and the MLE will constitute the bulk of our offseason acquisitions.

18. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hagrid:</div><div class="quote_post">The issue with both KMart and Brand isn't that we couldn't use them, but rather that we can't afford them.

Unless Dannyboy clears cap space or the owners give him permission to exceed the cap(and they should, considering they're raising ticket prices again), then trades and the MLE will constitute the bulk of our offseason acquisitions.</div>

That's why I think Ainge is going to trade two of the draft picks along with Lafrentz and or Stewart to free up some cap space, so he can make a run at Martin, or someone like that.

19. Trip

Student
    Ainge's biggest error has been the big contracts he picked up through trades. These long-term contracts would have to be moved this summer in order to pick up a few quality FA's. Boston needs to make a run at a good scoring PF to replace the production lost through Antoine Walker. Lighten up the load on Pierce. We've all seen what happens to him when he HAS to be the focus on offense each and every game.

20. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Ainge's biggest error has been the big contracts he picked up through trades. These long-term contracts would have to be moved this summer in order to pick up a few quality FA's. Boston needs to make a run at a good scoring PF to replace the production lost through Antoine Walker. Lighten up the load on Pierce. We've all seen what happens to him when he HAS to be the focus on offense each and every game.</div>

I agree 100%, Walker's contract would have been up after this season and Delk's after next. if Ainge had just taken a season with Walker right now the Celtics would have a great situation right now and could sign possibly sign Kmart, Rasheed Wallace, Mehmet Okur, Steve Nash, or Stromile Swift.