Trade propositions

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Big Zee, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Pure

Pure JBB Graphic Design

Well if we get him I would hope he will be starting at center. He may not be a true center but he can play it.

2. Paulijacks

Paulijacks JBB JustBBall Member

Eddie Jones is a good defender...but he really dosnt score much anymore...but he would make us better defensivly...i would love it if we could make a push to get Ray allen from the sonics...I know it wont happen...but the sonics and ray are way apart on his contract ext. Donny marshell would be a very good pick up...cause he is capablie of averaging a double double, which would be great....but he is a 4...would he take time away from eddie griffin?...move to center? play along side KG...and would Eddie jones start at the 2? or back up trenton and wally at the three and four?

I sort of like this trade cause it is two for one but i still think i would love to bring in a BIGGER name star...such as KIdD...Baron davis...SAR..RAy ALlen....i know i am wishing here a bit...but still i think it would be great if we could do it

night all

3. Timberwolf

Timberwolf JBB JustBBall Member

I just want Spree gone. I am so tired of him. I did not like him last year either. His attitude this year has really turned me off. He seems literally upset that Taylor and the Wolves did not appreciate his efforts and it's showing on his play. He seems very sad and miserable. He is not happy at all. He is not enjoying the game. Maybe a trade can revitalize his game. He can also take Sam as far as I am concerned.

4. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

I don't like this deal. Our aim should be to win the championship this or next year, I don't see us winning it after that and KGs prime is now but this deal doesn't help us much. With Eddie Jones we get another old and overpaid player like Sprewell but his contract is two years longer. I like Donyell but I doubt he can be our solution at center.

I also don't think such a deal is in the working, I cannot think of any 4team trade during the season because this takes a lot more time and the people need to talk to each other. I also think more players need to be involved, some filler (trade checker of realgm declines the trade, maybe there are some exceptions involved but I can't think of any, without Marshall it would work but that's not what we want I guess).

5. GarnettKG21

GarnettKG21 JBB JustBBall Member

I heard Memphis was wanted to get rid of Stormile Swift, im not sure if they still do, but I was hoping we could get him hes a great shot blocker and rebounder, and can score pretty good too.

6. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GarnettKG21:</div><div class="quote_post">I heard Memphis was wanted to get rid of Stormile Swift, im not sure if they still do, but I was hoping we could get him hes a great shot blocker and rebounder, and can score pretty good too.</div>

You don't have anyone that memphis wants. The only guy they seem interested in is Olowokandi, but that was in the offseason of 2003, when they were in the running in signing him. Now it's a different story. Swift is gone after this year, but if they're going to make the playoffs this year, they need Swift, because they're not that big inside.

----

My options with the Wolves are to get rid of Spree/Cassell first off, because this team is just not going to win with this lineup. I think Gary Payton will be a good fit for this team, because he can bring defense (still got d), and he bring similar things as sam to the team, except he's not an injury waiting to happen.

<font size="1">Boston trades: Michael Stewart (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    C Raef LaFrentz (10.9 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 27.1 minutes)
    PG Gary Payton (12.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 6.2 apg in 32.6 minutes)
    Boston receives: PG Sam Cassell (15.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 5.9 apg in 29.8 minutes)
    SG Latrell Sprewell (12.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.0 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +4.4 ppg, -5.2 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Minnesota trades: PG Sam Cassell (15.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 5.9 apg in 29.8 minutes)
    SG Latrell Sprewell (12.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31.0 minutes)
    Minnesota receives: Michael Stewart (No games yet played in 2004/05)
    C Raef LaFrentz (10.9 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 27.1 minutes)
    PG Gary Payton (12.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 6.2 apg in 32.6 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -4.4 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

<font color="Red">Due to Boston and Minnesota being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Boston and Minnesota had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement</font></font>

I think it works out for both teams...Raef LaFrentz being the X Factor. If He can stay healthy and give a good 3-4 man rotation at the Center and 4, and stay healthy, then i like this trade for both organizations.

PG: Gary Payton/Troy Hudson/Anthony Carter
    SG: Trenton Hassell/Fred Hoiberg/Ndudi Ebi
    SF: Wally Szcerbiak/Eddie Griffin/Ndudi Ebi
    PF: Kevin Garnett/Mark Madsen/Eddie Griffin
    -C: Raef Lafrentz/Michael Olowokandi/Ervin Johnson/Michael Stewart

I don't know the complete Wolves roster off the top of my head, but It should look something like that.

7. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

^ probably a realistic trade...though i think the Wolves are getting a bit of a raw deal.

8. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Seeing that Ray Allen is not adverse to a change of scenery, we get him whatever he needs. Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett would be a great "inside-out" punch. I would think Ray-Ray would like to play with KG.

9. GarnettKG21

GarnettKG21 JBB JustBBall Member

Ive heard rumors from the Celtics board and espn that Boston might trade

Payton, Davis, and LaFrenz for Sprewell and Ervin Johnson

or even

Paul Peirce for Sprewell

I'd love if the 2nd one came true

10. the main event

the main event JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GarnettKG21:</div><div class="quote_post">Ive heard rumors from the Celtics board and espn that Boston might trade

Payton, Davis, and LaFrenz for Sprewell and Ervin Johnson

or even

Paul Peirce for Sprewell

I'd love if the 2nd one came true</div>

the celtics would be considered helpless and really really stupid to make such trades i think the both are lousy for boston and they wont do them aspecially the 2nd.