Trading CJ should be #1 on Blazers agenda...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Gronk Brady, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

Seriously, how much more does Neil need to see... 2 undersized ballhog combo gaurds playing ISO ball, DEAD LAST IN NBA IN ASSISTS.. too small to get shots off in playoffs... this is what you want as the centerpiece of your team... making 50% of salary cap... taking 50% of shots... come on Neil! Dame and CJ will be 28 and 27 years old... they are what they are. Meanwhile other teams with star players in their early 20’s will only get better. This team will go nowhere with Dame/CJ combo... no matter who you put around them, the will not touch ball enough on offense consistently to matter

2. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I believe he will be traded for a 2 guard that can defend. Just my opinion.

3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

If we get a new coach that values ball movement and has the team passing like Golden State, couldn't this backcourt, in theory, work?

If C.J. refuses to change his style accordingly, then we should trade him. But I'm not sure he wouldn't buy into it.

Orion Bailey, UKRAINEFAN and BBert like this.
  4. BonesJones

Like who?

5. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

I have seen enough of CJ’s play over the years to know court awareness and passing are not in his DNA... don’t want to wast another year... we need to trade CJ now

RipCityDSCPL and TBpup like this.
  6. BonesJones

I'm not entirely sure. I believe he's not held accountable enough, and while C.J. is an iso-player and a scorer now, I believe that right coach might be able to mold him into a more team-oriented player.

Thats why I'd trade him for the perfect deal now, but if not, I at least want a new coach to try to mold him into something better.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  7. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

Herein lies the problem. I too believe CJ should be traded because we have nobody that can guard a guard and CJs arrogance is getting to me. I’m not sure that he doesn’t think he has already arrived.

I don’t know who would come back. Holiday? No. It would most likely need to be a young prospect who is on the cusp of proving himself. Probably most reasonable to take a 1-3 year probably prospect and a pick or something hung else of value. Who I can’t say. Anyone really good won’t be available.

8. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Who?

9. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired

Passing like Golden State is worthless if you don't have the shooters to make shots. We had plenty of open shots in the series. We didn't hit many of them.

Hoopguru and BBert like this.
  10. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Yep teams like GS and Houston have 4 shooters on the floor at the same time. Our solution is to down grade our already poor shooting for a better defender? Doesn't it make more sense to keep a good shooter and just add or develop a defender? Take someone like Baldwin.....he was easy to find. He is cheap and has defensive potential.... with the right coaching. Theoretically someone 'like him" could play with Dame or CJ. So you always have one of them on the floor.

Again for those who think we can get someone better for CJ, sure trade him. But until we add MORE quality scorers we will not get better.

KingSpeed likes this.
  11. joeBlazers

joeBlazers Well-Known Member

Do Stotts / Neil actually believe that a better system would make this team better? Having AD drop 45 and Jrue another 40 on our team is just ridiculous.

TBpup likes this.
  12. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Neil and Terry are set on keeping both Lillard and CJ together....Terry is in denile and thinks his system is good and will work/is working amd Neil is being an enabler so he doesn't have to admit his mistakes.

13. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Exactly. I know it's different but I remember how badly people wanted to trade Sheed, that we would never win with him. Well two trades later, he's in Detroit and he wins a championship THAT YEAR. Sheed wasn't the problem. It was the guys around him. We needed guys like Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups. Same thing here. I don't think Dame/CJ is the problem. We need Aminu to average the 18/10 he gave us during playoffs or we need someone else who can and then put Aminu on bench. Then, at small forward, Harkless has to take a step forward or lose his starting spot. Turner must work on his shot and post game and we must figure out ways to get the most out of him. Finally, we have to give Meyers a legit shot at 15-20 minutes per game. We're paying a guy who is working hard at his game. Let's see what he's got. Let Pat go and see if third year Jake is ready to step up like third year Crabbe did. Of course, now we're running out of minutes for Ed Davis, Collins, and Biggie but injuries happen and they'll get their moments.

Magoo likes this.
  14. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

No let pat and jake go and get someone with the tpe or mle

UKRAINEFAN and BonesJones like this.
  15. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    Finding a 2 guard who can score 15 to 20 points a game is not that difficult. CJ is replaceable. Not completely, but mostly. And he's a valuable trade asset. Give Pat for example 35 minutes a and he'll score 16 points.

jlprk and EL PRESIDENTE like this.
  16. Pinwheel1

Yes the scheme was an issue. And for those who blame our guards, neither Dame or CJ were matched up with Jrue in the last game. (nor AD)

BonesJones likes this.
  17. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

lololololololol. Give the baseball player 35 minutes a night and he'll average 16 points.
    Fucking lol.

bodyman5000 and 1 and Pinwheel1 like this.
  18. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Am I right that some people want to out Golden State Golden State with a team that doesn't defend or shoot that great?

If so, good luck with that

19. Pinwheel1

The problem is 16 points is not enough with this roster. Especially on nights when Dame has a bad shooting night. Plus I doubt Pat could..... every night.

20. BonesJones

Not out Golden State them, move the ball and attack in transition like they do though. They get great shots, and their style of play is hard to shut down and gameplan againsg, and we should aim to do the same.1