Trail Blazers 109, Kings 104, OT

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by nikebasketball, Jan 21, 2004.

1. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

Link: http://www.oregonlive.com/sportsflash/blaz...&sports&blazers

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- After the Trail Blazers blew a nine-point lead in the final 47 seconds of regulation, Portland coach Maurice Cheeks probably wanted to cry again.

Instead, Derek Anderson propelled the Blazers to an improbable celebration, scoring all 12 of Portland's overtime points in a 109-104 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night.

Two days after a loss at Phoenix that made Cheeks cry out of frustration, the Blazers shook off trade rumors and team discontent for a gritty victory -- just their third in 19 road games this season.

"I don't know how to explain that one," Cheeks said. "It was a heck of a game for us for the first 47 minutes, and then they made a miraculous comeback. ... But I give our guys a lot of credit. We've been in that situation before.

"We had a couple of games won, and we kind of dropped our heads. This particular game, we did not. I would not let them drop their heads this time. We came out and made the plays."</div>

[​IMG]

2. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Darn this is very surprising, the Blazers never cease to amaze me. They really are raw talent, it's bound to work as team chemistry sometime. Congratulations Blazers and Blazers fans, you deserve the win, very strange and unexpected though. The Kings....

3. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

I am personally delivering a gift basket to the Portland TrailBlazer organization! :thumbsup:

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

You can thank Derek Anderson for this win,scored all 12 of Blazers points in overtime.Even though the game shouldn't of gone to OT.Blazers up 9 with 51 seconds left in the 4th,yet somehow manage to blow the lead.

5. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

I have never really like Brad Miller, but he gets props for his clutch shooting.

I hope that Cheeks makes them "run extra laps" lol, for losing that lead. I don't want him to allow them to over celebrate simply because they won a big game. They still played horribly in that last minute and I hope that he focuses on that.

6. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

I can't believe the best home team in the NBA just lost to the worst road team...

7. Anzix

Anzix JBB JustBBall Member

I can believe it! Blazers are a very talented and energetic team. They always seem to be the under dogs in big games. When you least expect it they come back and win.

That game was taken to the next level by Rasheed and DA. They were very hungry for a win and so was the rest of the team. But mainly those 2 wanted this win and they got it.

I think that game was the first of many road games to be won for here on out. Blazers are starting to focus more on the game especially Rasheed Wallace! Now that DA is back we have another energetic player to help revive us in tough situations.