Travis Outlaw improving

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Oct 10, 2006.

1. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Oregonian - In Portland, Travis Outlaw is drawing attention to himself for excellent play.In one scrimmage, he twice blocked a jump-hook by Jamaal Magloire, racing from the weak side to volleyball spike the shot from the 6-foot-11 center. Later, on defense, he blocked a dunk attempt in traffic by 7-1 center Joel Przybilla. All the while, he has been diving on the court for loose balls, streaking on fast breaks and leading the team during wind sprints."He's gritting his teeth going in there for rebounds and loose balls," coach Nate McMillan said. "He's fighting, showing some fight, and we need that from him. If he can continue to do that and get better -- because he is not there yet -- he can play. And he can help us."</div>http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/426..._taking_notice/

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

He still has no jumper, literally no offensive game, no discipline or concept of team basketball. Considering he's done damn near nothing so far in my opinion he's 'working hard' because he's a FA after this season.

3. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Yeah I totally forgot about this kid. I read so much stuff on him over the nba databses on the internet saying how special this kid was and this and that. Ever since he was drafted I haven't heard jack sh*t about him. BrewCityBuck...he shot 44% in 69 games last year? That's not that horrible. Maybe the majority of his shots were around the hoop in the paint? I don't know, I've honestly never even seen the kid play.

4. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Oct 10 2006, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I totally forgot about this kid. I read so much stuff on him over the nba databses on the internet saying how special this kid was and this and that. Ever since he was drafted I haven't heard jack sh*t about him. BrewCityBuck...he shot 44% in 69 games last year? That's not that horrible. Maybe the majority of his shots were around the hoop in the paint? I don't know, I've honestly never even seen the kid play.</div> Most of his baskets are near the basket, he has no jumper, he's very similar to Darius Miles. I've watched him play, he usually comes in and dissapears completley and makes a couple 'wow' plays defensivly with his athletic ability. The guy has great athletic ability but like so many people doesn't have the skills to be an impact player yet.

5. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Most of his baskets are near the basket, he has no jumper, he's very similar to Darius Miles. I've watched him play, he usually comes in and dissapears completley and makes a couple 'wow' plays defensivly with his athletic ability. The guy has great athletic ability but like so many people doesn't have the skills to be an impact player yet.</div>touche

6. Asian

Asian BBW Member

Thats good. I always liked this kid. I think he has great potential. The raps wanted him, but lucked out.

7. IceBlaze1523

IceBlaze1523 BBW Member

I read somewhere he was a great dunker in his college days. I still have yet to see him play though.

8. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I read somewhere he was a great dunker in his college days</div>He was drafted 23rd overall in 2003 out of Starkville High School in Mississippi

9. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Travis Outlaw has been a dissapointnment to me. And maybe he's hustling in camp, but I just watched Real Training Camp: Blazers, and he looked very lost offensively. He couldn't run the plays right, he messed up too much. An assistant coach had to show him how to perform a simple jab cut 3 different times. He can't shoot. Don't expect much from Travis Outlaw.

He's an athlete, not a basketball player.

10. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Oct 13 2006, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Travis Outlaw has been a dissapointnment to me. And maybe he's hustling in camp, but I just watched Real Training Camp: Blazers, and he looked very lost offensively. He couldn't run the plays right, he messed up too much. An assistant coach had to show him how to perform a simple jab cut 3 different times. He can't shoot. Don't expect much from Travis Outlaw.He's an athlete, not a basketball player.</div> Exactly. The headline is misleading, I watched Blazers training camp as well and just because he's showing more hustle doesn't mean he's 'improving'. He's just an athlete as you said.

11. joemagoo362

joemagoo362 BBW Graphics Team

Travis sure played great tonight against the Wolves!

12. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joemagoo362 @ Nov 4 2006, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Travis sure played great tonight against the Wolves!</div>He sure did. Every time I turned the game on I saw him grab a rebound or hit a jump shot. He has really improved his jumper, and is fearless crashing the boards.

13. BrewCityBuck

It's just one game, in his first two games he didn't do that much. Keep that in mind.

14. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

18 points, and 15 rebounds. It's obvious that the kid has talent, he just has to work on his game. He's athletic, and he can score inside, and obviously he can play D and get boards. He still has a chance to be good, he just needs to start working.

15. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I don't mean to rain on yall's parade..but the Blazer's are just an awful all-around team. They stand around on offense, they make stupid passes, they try and go 1 on 1 everytime down the floor. Jarrett Jack looks like the only real basketball player on this team.Outlaw made some stupid mistakes last night - I thought he played pretty well, but he does nothing on offense, just like the rest of his team. I like that he used his athletiscm to his advantage grabbing 15 rebounds...But the truth is this team is god-awful, and they have no chemistry, and no sense of offense at all..

16. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

KingJamez...as much as I want to agree with you...I can't...The Blazers beat the Lakers, Sonics, and T'Wolves this year. The way last season ended and the way the off-season went for this team I would have expected them to lose their first 15 games. The fact that they are 3-2 after their first 5 games is amazing I think. Randolph has been putting up huge numbers.

17. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Nov 9 2006, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>KingJamez...as much as I want to agree with you...I can't...The Blazers beat the Lakers, Sonics, and T'Wolves this year. The way last season ended and the way the off-season went for this team I would have expected them to lose their first 15 games. The fact that they are 3-2 after their first 5 games is amazing I think. Randolph has been putting up huge numbers.</div>I'm sorry I just can't think much about this team yet after 5 games. We'll see though, I hope they suprise me. They've got potential, and I hope Randolph proves me wrong. Hopefully he worked hard to get himself into shape, and so far it looks like he's ready to contribute star numbers to this team.

18. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm sorry I just can't think much about this team yet after 5 games. We'll see though, I hope they suprise me. They've got potential, and I hope Randolph proves me wrong. Hopefully he worked hard to get himself into shape, and so far it looks like he's ready to contribute star numbers to this team.</div>I definately see what you're saying...I'm honestly in awe that after five games they've actually won three, not to mention one.....I mean after the way last season ended I'm shocked they've won three games in the first five, you would figure they might only win three all season

19. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Nov 9 2006, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I definately see what you're saying...I'm honestly in awe that after five games they've actually won three, not to mention one.....I mean after the way last season ended I'm shocked they've won three games in the first five, you would figure they might only win three all season</div>I mean I saw one full game of theres, and for the first 40 minutes of that game, they looked horrendous..but so did Minny..Somehow they pulled it out, and somehow they've managed 3 wins.. [​IMG]